Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has you short stature made you who you are?  (Read 6549 times)

shortguysigh

• Visitor
Has you short stature made you who you are?
« on: August 16, 2014, 07:23:18 AM »

Has you short stature made you who you are?

The battle for LL is something all of us face here everyday. Some of us have done it, some will do it and some can only dream of it. But with that being said, has your short stature made who you are today?

Myself, I am shorter than most people here and can only wish to attain what a lot of people here start with. Just as if someone shorter than myself could only wish to gain my height. But being in the <2% of male population's height, I am starting to believe that my height, or lack thereof has made me the man I am today. Perhaps it is that which gives me the fire to accomplish any task I start. To do well in anything and everything I can. Perhaps my shortness is a blessing. After all, with everyone trying to stand out anywhere you go, you can effortlessly do it by just being yourself. If you weren't short, it wouldn't filter out the women who are shallow and have an arbitrary height requirement for men they date/marry. After all, we do live in a society were women get attacked by bears often and need your height for protection. If I were taller, I might've gotten those promotions for different opportunities instead of me ultimately forming my own company doing something I'm passionate about. I am glad I'm no longer toiling away in a sea of cubicles. Maybe I can attribute my shortness to my heightened confidence and the ability to approach anyone and strike up a conversation. After all, nearly every man and woman is taller than me, does that mean I should hide in a corner or be intimidated by everyone and everything? Absolutely not!

The more I think about, the more I feel like LL is a fake. What will you tell your spouse and explain to your kids why they are shorter than you? Having received cosmetic surgery in the past, I was sickened to how my expectations didn't match my results, but moreso that I butchered myself to appease other people. You were made just the way you were intended to, why not be happy with that? I see people who are truly disabled or have different ailments and I thank my lucky stars that I am fit and healthy, even if I'm short. Life could be much worse, and its about time that I begin being happy with who I am today, rather than what tens of thousand dollars and months/years could possibly bring me.

In conclusion, I will end it with this: if people judge you based on your height, those people weren't even worth your time to begin with.

Take care and stay who you are!

Shortguy-butitsabrighterday

Overdozer

Re: Has you short stature made you who you are?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2014, 07:52:42 AM »

The more I think about, the more I feel like LL is a fake. What will you tell your spouse and explain to your kids why they are shorter than you?
It's real - it makes you taller. I won't have to tell my spouse anything because I don't need one, I don't need kids either. That is to start with. You also really have to realise that your kids don't magically inherit your height - genetics are more complicated, than that. For example, my father (187) and his family line were all tall, so I'm carrying a tall gene. There're also hundreds factors that influence height, such as nutrition, physical activity, mental health. And also with GH therapy and aromatase inhibitors for slowing down epiphyseal plate closing, you can make your kids any height you (they) want.

I was sickened to how my expectations didn't match my results, but moreso that I butchered myself to appease other people.
Maybe that was your problem. You know some people do it not to appease others, but to appease themselves.

if people judge you based on your height, those people weren't even worth your time to begin with.
What if I judge them too, based on their physical appearance? It's only fair for them to judge me. People are different.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Wannabegiant

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »

For me, my height actually prevented me from behaving and acting like my real personality would do, this meant that i ended up being quiet and passive, remaining in the background most of the time. While i dont like talking to much, i still always felt that i had something interesting and relevant to say in moments where it would have given me much attention, so many times i might have had the perfect joke or the perfect argument etc to some conversation, but i stayed quiet because i thought people wouldnt listen to me since i wasnt tall or big.
My masculine personality traits, usually i tried to tone it down when talking with others, if i had strong opinions on something, i might have ignored it etc, because i didnt want it to seem like i was over compensating or something.

With my new height i wont have to talk much but still have an impressive presence, and when i do talk people will take notice easily. (to be fair, even with my pre LL height, i did get treated with respect in many situations, but i felt i had to work harder (be more clever etc) for it than others so i most of the time didnt bother with it)

I also do not have to worry about the gene issue, since my father was 180 cm, and i had many factors which inhibited my growth (lack of sleep, eating bad, vitamin D deficiency, being born several weeks to early due to my mother starving during pregnancy)

Moubgf

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2014, 01:46:07 PM »

You just mad your life is over and no amount of surgery is gonna fix that, so you try to tell yourself you be alright...well i got news for you buddy. Would seriously consider suicide or gaining alot of cash.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 02:02:41 PM »

What will you tell your spouse and explain to your kids why they are shorter than you?

There's nothing unnatural about that. There are so many short parents with tall kids, and also quite a lot of tall parents with shorter kids.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 02:05:24 PM »

You just mad your life is over and no amount of surgery is gonna fix that, so you try to tell yourself you be alright...well i got news for you buddy. Would seriously consider suicide or gaining alot of cash.

Another  ty post from you, go figure.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

wannabetaller

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »

You're not helping with that,dude.

Overdozer

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 03:19:19 PM »

I wish I had the confidence to stand at 162cm
He's 153 cm... I'd probably do 10 cm tibia-femur for total of 20cm gain, if I were him. That height must be a complete fking nightmare. What's your sitting height and arm span, shortguy?

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Moubgf

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 03:27:00 PM »

Hey!
All I want to say is that I admire your self confidence and I sincerely respect you for accepting your height. I wish I had the confidence to stand at 162cm in a country where the average male stands at around 177-180cm and the average females at 165cm. But I succumbed to the temptation of being taller. Height is subjective and I have seen successful confident guys below 165cm. I have also seen unsuccessful guys above 183cm who are depressed everyday and want to end their lives.
Thanks for sharing your experience and view on LL. It is a good thing that you are not considering LL surgery and happy with who you are.
Take care buddy :) 

The level of confidence you have stems from the amount of approva you get from other people. Tall people=much approval.

Short peope= meh...maybe 1 when they have their birthdays.

Moubgf

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 03:32:36 PM »

You're not helping with that,dude.

Helping what? he comes on a leg lengthening forum spewing his cognitive dissonance to us about how height dosnt matter and even if it does matter those people are below you for thinking less of you. Well duh...People like him make me more furious because they actually normalize heightism to other viewers. "see, things aint that bad. Little tony here 5'2 is living life without letting height get to him".

I want heightism to get so bad in your face so people understand why we did leg lengthening. Not semi soldiers like him trying to hold us back mentally, I don't need that bull  right now. Neither did the negroes  during their revolution.

wannabetaller

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2014, 03:52:08 PM »

Helping what? he comes on a leg lengthening forum spewing his cognitive dissonance to us about how height dosnt matter and even if it does matter those people are below you for thinking less of you. Well duh...People like him make me more furious because they actually normalize heightism to other viewers. "see, things aint that bad. Little tony here 5'2 is living life without letting height get to him".

I want heightism to get so bad in your face so people understand why we did leg lengthening. Not semi soldiers like him trying to hold us back mentally, I don't need that bulls**t right now. Neither did the negroes  during their revolution.
Ok,so he did well in some point of his life,but money isn't everything,I know.Im working too,have so much money in a country who suffers a lot from recent wars etc...And girls I like still dont like my height,don't to mention guys and theirs respect to me.Yea,I know,heightism,I deal with it almost everyday,it sucks.But,if u tell someone to comite suicide or something like that for just being happy,that suck too.

Overdozer

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2014, 04:00:20 PM »

I want heightism to get so bad in your face so people understand why we did leg lengthening. Not semi soldiers like him trying to hold us back mentally, I don't need that bulls**t right now. Neither did the negroes  during their revolution.
I have to agree with you. Tall people just get too many benefits in today's society. I study people, and I noticed just how easy tall people have it compared to short people. It's like they don't even have to try, they're all swimming in puss by default. And have you noticed how confident they all are, guess what's the reason? I feel it's all coming to height revolution. Just don't kill me, I'm a LL patient   :-\

Moubgf

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2014, 06:02:52 PM »

Ok,so he did well in some point of his life,but money isn't everything,I know.Im working too,have so much money in a country who suffers a lot from recent wars etc...And girls I like still dont like my height,don't to mention guys and theirs respect to me.Yea,I know,heightism,I deal with it almost everyday,it sucks.But,if u tell someone to comite suicide or something like that for just being happy,that suck too.

Obviously even though i admit unclear. I am never 100% serious with my comments. But i want them to get the "point" im saying in my text. What i mean by suicide is clearly this dude is not gonna live a "normal" progressive life. Suicide= Don't give a fk about other people killing your name in the social matrix game. And just focus on making big big underground money like breaking bad or penguin.

Actually penguin is the ultimate example of this.
- Being born into a wealthy upperclass family but who was bullied due to his short height, obese figure and bird like nose. At the same time he had to carry a umbrella by his overprotective mother, Often taunted he had no friends.. And instead flocked to the company of birds. Due to this he recieved the nickname: Penguin.

After finishing school, he adopted the penguin name and inherited his familys fortune. In turn he began presenting himself as a intelligent, rich and sophisticated gentlemen, who prefered the look of a tuxedo. Behind his fasad he'd become angry at the world due to never having felt accepted as result he took up crime as a means of gaining power and to take revenge of the citizens of gotham who dared to snare at his apperance.

Moubgf

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 06:07:40 PM »

I have to agree with you. Tall people just get too many benefits in today's society. I study people, and I noticed just how easy tall people have it compared to short people. It's like they don't even have to try, they're all swimming in puss by default. And have you noticed how confident they all are, guess what's the reason? I feel it's all coming to height revolution. Just don't kill me, I'm a LL patient   :-\

We are getting or has got the surgery done because we realise that heightism is not gonna end in the best years of our life either way. So instead of fighting a battle you can't win. Better do the best for the situtation and get that operation done and leave this behind us.

wannabetaller

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2014, 10:12:27 PM »

Hahaha you're talkin' about Penguin from Batman?Really?  ;D
Yes,heightism sucks but hopefully we have LL  :)

Actually penguin is the ultimate example of this.
- Being born into a wealthy upperclass family but who was bullied due to his short height, obese figure and bird like nose. At the same time he had to carry a umbrella by his overprotective mother, Often taunted he had no friends.. And instead flocked to the company of birds. Due to this he recieved the nickname: Penguin.

After finishing school, he adopted the penguin name and inherited his familys fortune. In turn he began presenting himself as a intelligent, rich and sophisticated gentlemen, who prefered the look of a tuxedo. Behind his fasad he'd become angry at the world due to never having felt accepted as result he took up crime as a means of gaining power and to take revenge of the citizens of gotham who dared to snare at his apperance.
[/quote]

wants2growtaller

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2018, 10:13:23 AM »

I think heightism has given me a lot of anxiety and height neurosis. But my height didnt make me who I was. My character did. But I am trying to overcome height neurosis.
Some of us may have ''grown'' in stature. But it seems the majority of us have yet to grow in humanity

myloginacc

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2018, 06:53:03 PM »

These are fair points that need to be reflected upon by anyone who considers something as risky as CLL.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Marazs

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2018, 02:22:18 AM »

It made me a sad, it made me passively aggressive person but only for myself.

shortguy4cll

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:33 AM »

I dont like being short. I have too much of a personality and intelligence to be short. I want to be the whole package. Looks and personality. its time that I start being more vain and want and to feel attractive. I feel good when I am attractive. It makes me feel powerful and wanted. Being a short guy is terrible. Because people will always see you as a short guy. And nothing else.

Astronomy

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2019, 12:15:29 AM »

It's real - it makes you taller. I won't have to tell my spouse anything because I don't need one, I don't need kids either. That is to start with. You also really have to realise that your kids don't magically inherit your height - genetics are more complicated, than that. For example, my father (187) and his family line were all tall, so I'm carrying a tall gene. There're also hundreds factors that influence height, such as nutrition, physical activity, mental health. And also with GH therapy and aromatase inhibitors for slowing down epiphyseal plate closing, you can make your kids any height you (they) want.
Maybe that was your problem. You know some people do it not to appease others, but to appease themselves.
What if I judge them too, based on their physical appearance? It's only fair for them to judge me. People are different.
Actually nobody will ignore your appearance simply cuz of your intelligence or social skills or something,let alone others extremely below average height with unfavored inn.
And explanations for why your children are shorter tha you are available.Cuz inheritance is complicated.You can judge this case as a special one.

GrowTow

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2019, 01:24:41 PM »

This is the whole reason i'm doing this surgery.

I don't really have height dysphoria like others on here.

I just want to express my personality the way I did before. Up to the age of 15 I was the tallest from all my friends since we were 4 years old. So my personality obvious built up as the tall big guy so when everyone started outgrowing me, I started wearing lifts to keep up with them or more so (keep up with my personality). But eventually everyone passed me (i'm now 19) so I couldn't be the same person, I wasn't the person that everyone looks up to anymore physically and figuratively. So when I met my friends in person the entire dynamic would be different, i'd become the shorter guy who becomes a joker instead. But when I still talk online with my friends who I haven't seen for years, they still talk to as if they look up to me etc so yeah that's the difference. Instead of changing my personality and accepting that I have to be the small guy who clowns around, I'd rather just go back to being the tall guy who everyone respects.

simply; If I was short my entire life then i'm 100% sure i'd be fine with being short but because I was the tallest person for 15 years of my life, especially as my personality and character was being built, I can't accept it. Especially the fact that for 15 years whenever I met cousins and other family members they'd start with 'wow you've grown so much' to now being 'oh you're small for your age'.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Astronomy

« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2019, 01:53:11 AM »

This is the whole reason i'm doing this surgery.

I don't really have height dysphoria like others on here.

I just want to express my personality the way I did before. Up to the age of 15 I was the tallest from all my friends since we were 4 years old. So my personality obvious built up as the tall big guy so when everyone started outgrowing me, I started wearing lifts to keep up with them or more so (keep up with my personality). But eventually everyone passed me (i'm now 19) so I couldn't be the same person, I wasn't the person that everyone looks up to anymore physically and figuratively. So when I met my friends in person the entire dynamic would be different, i'd become the shorter guy who becomes a joker instead. But when I still talk online with my friends who I haven't seen for years, they still talk to as if they look up to me etc so yeah that's the difference. Instead of changing my personality and accepting that I have to be the small guy who clowns around, I'd rather just go back to being the tall guy who everyone respects.

simply; If I was short my entire life then i'm 100% sure i'd be fine with being short but because I was the tallest person for 15 years of my life, especially as my personality and character was being built, I can't accept it. Especially the fact that for 15 years whenever I met cousins and other family members they'd start with 'wow you've grown so much' to now being 'oh you're small for your age'.
LMAO Seems like every LLers have a taller younger brother ;D

Betagur7

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2019, 04:21:08 AM »

Has your short stature made you who you are?

fk yea. You know i used to be that guy who tried to ignore it, run from it, and even hide the fact that I was short. To no avail, my life still remained  shxty, the same personality, abilities, talents I possessed was acknowledged and rewarded for in someone else who was taller than me. Ultimately I gave up, stopped trying as hard because I knew it was bull . I used to be that guy who always acted like they knew everything and tried hard at everything they did, but now I don't anymore because people would just look at me and assume I was some shorty with serious Napoleon complex. If some 6'0 guy did the things I did people would parade him around wanting to be his friend and girls would flock to him like no tomorrow. But all I get is "you're such a nice person for doing blah blah", like tf? all I get is pat on a back and I'm still miserable. So I said fk it, I stopped being charitable and did things that purely make me happy. Why give back to the community if in my community males like me that are short don't even have a SHOT at happiness. fk the community, I'm just going to keep my stuff for myself and use my resources to pay for stuff that make me happy.

howdidthishappen

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2019, 11:02:13 AM »

oops wrong thread
Pages: [1]   Go Up