Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LATN opinions  (Read 388 times)

BeHappy

• Visitor
LATN opinions
« on: March 23, 2023, 02:10:52 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have been through a number of articles comparing LON vs LATN.
The major drawback with LON I see is the possibility of deep infection.
What I’d like to understand is what are the practical chances of deep infection with LATN.
Almost all theory suggests that LATN has much lesser risk which makes sense but Dr. Parihar mentioned it is the same for LON/LATN.
What is the truth? And I’d like to get an overview of LATN veterans to understand how tough is the process?

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
Re: LATN opinions
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 11:12:41 AM »

LATN is a little better than LON, cuz it's a tiny bit safer. However both doing Tibia and any kind of external surgery is much more risky than doing internal methods Femurs, which pretty much all western experinced surgeons recommend. Bigger chance of getting malalignment, infection and arthisis etc with Tibia surgery and espicially LATN OR LON. Look at this thread, where I have posted all the evidence for this:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=82502.0

But if you had to choose because of budget, even tho your're running a decent risk, LATN is a little safer and better.

BeHappy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 01:44:05 PM »

Thanks, man!
yeah, budget constraints hence inclining towards ex-fix procedures. Typically, do you have any results/data that measure deep infection risk with LATN compared to the other methods.

saltedchocolate

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 02:40:47 PM »

Hi everyone,

I have been through a number of articles comparing LON vs LATN.
The major drawback with LON I see is the possibility of deep infection.
What I’d like to understand is what are the practical chances of deep infection with LATN.
Almost all theory suggests that LATN has much lesser risk which makes sense but Dr. Parihar mentioned it is the same for LON/LATN.
What is the truth? And I’d like to get an overview of LATN veterans to understand how tough is the process?

I think you should listen to dr parihar, hes the one whos fixed me after i got botched by another dr. he's a very genuine dr
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

overandover

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2023, 02:53:55 PM »

I think you should listen to dr parihar, hes the one whos fixed me after i got botched by another dr. he's a very genuine dr

how are you doing? Did you get any relief? Please give update on your situation.

saltedchocolate

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2023, 04:37:28 PM »

how are you doing? Did you get any relief? Please give update on your situation.
yes im much better, thanks to dr parihar and his team, i got a nerve reconstruction surgery in which they removed the cut nerve and the neuroma and fixed it and now i have a bone graft surgery after about 2 weeks. all is better now, hopefully after bone grafting, the bone formation will be quick and i will recover :)
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

toyz

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 04:40:26 PM »

yes im much better, thanks to dr parihar and his team, i got a nerve reconstruction surgery in which they removed the cut nerve and the neuroma and fixed it and now i have a bone graft surgery after about 2 weeks. all is better now, hopefully after bone grafting, the bone formation will be quick and i will recover :)

bro dont mean to bother u in ur difficult time of recovery and surgery but can u ask him if precse nail is coming to india?  ;D

saltedchocolate

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 05:01:05 PM »

bro dont mean to bother u in ur difficult time of recovery and surgery but can u ask him if precse nail is coming to india?  ;D

ok no problem, i'll ask him that the next time i see him in 2 weeks :)
he'll probably be like 'whaaaat, u wanna break ur femurs now' ? xd
Pages: [1]   Go Up