Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would the release of Stryde 2 make prices drop for other methods?  (Read 756 times)

dboy123

Was wondering with the release of Stryde 2 next year or later this year, would other methods decrease in cost? like Precicse2 and LON, as well as pure externals? I feel like the absent of a weight bearing nail is increasing the prices of other methods. Don't get me wrong I can afford the current prices and I'm 5'8 so not really that much driven to go get it right now, but just wanna know if I should hold out so i can get it cheaper
176cm morning height with a 5'10 wing span, wanting to LL to atleast 5'11-6foot with just tibia

Hagane

Re: Would the release of Stryde 2 make prices drop for other methods?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 09:48:50 PM »

if i had to guess, i most likley wont make the other procedures cheaper. it will just be more expensive
when the original stryde was out it was approxx 3-5k more. i reckon it will still be the case.
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

tallerwouldbenice

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2023, 09:49:53 AM »

I doubt it. Most of the cost is hospital fees, etc. The nails are expensive, but even a significant drop in their price wouldn't affect the total cost in a major way. Maybe $10k cheaper

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2023, 10:01:47 AM »

I agree with the others. In the near future your're most likely not going to see a price drop, maybe even the opposite if the inflation arises.

ballsackoffury123

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2023, 08:44:32 PM »

Not to mention the demand of the surgery is on the rise as it gains traction on tik tok and all the other news outlet. And as WFH continues to stay stable, people start thinking that they can take part or this journey. The clinic I was at has seen its demand rise more and more every month, and just raised their prices a month ago.

p00293

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2023, 08:56:31 PM »

The fact is the surgery, while expensive, is massively worth it in terms of life quality for outlay.

For $50,000 you can get 3 inches on your femurs, and for $25,000 you can get 2 inches on your tibias. So we're talking on average about $14,000 per inch increase of height.

That's just such an excellent trade you're unlikely to see prices drop in the near future. Even if you're someone who is only looking at LL to 'get more respect from normies' and muh 'career opportunities', the fact is an investment of $14,000 per inch will, statistically speaking, pay for itself over your lifetime in terms of cold hard cash alone.

Now factor in the much better social opportunities and it's an easy decision to make. Anyone who wants to improve their dating life - LL is the most guaranteed thing to make it happen. No before someone comes in, I'm aware being tall isn't a magic bullet to get the girl of your dreams, and not everyone will be 'tall' after LL anyway. But if we accept a combination of face + height = dating success, well it's quite hard to improve your face through surgical means. A lot of people get botched doing that and most guys wouldn't have a clue where to start making their face look better anyway. Whereas EVERYONE, even normies, knows being taller will make you more attractive to women. It's a sure thing in that sense.

The stumbling block for many is getting the cash together in the first place as the average guy is just a couple of missed paychecks away from not being able to make rent.

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2023, 11:50:34 AM »

it's quite hard to improve your face through surgical means.

have you ever visited a plastic surgery clinic or engaged in a serious consultation about your options? most of what you see in 2023 is "fake" and the result of serious surgical intervention.
https://en.e-dream.co.kr/

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2023, 11:58:03 AM »

Was wondering with the release of Stryde 2 next year or later this year, would other methods decrease in cost? like Precicse2 and LON, as well as pure externals? I feel like the absent of a weight bearing nail is increasing the prices of other methods. Don't get me wrong I can afford the current prices and I'm 5'8 so not really that much driven to go get it right now, but just wanna know if I should hold out so i can get it cheaper

If Stryde 2 is available when you plan on going under the knife; get it. Even if other technology is available the modest increase in price is worth the ability to ambulate (at any capacity) after implantation.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: [1]   Go Up