Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How much can i lengthen, with pics  (Read 1289 times)

oeioei2

• Visitor
How much can i lengthen, with pics
« on: May 11, 2023, 07:56:57 AM »

I am 5´6.5 or 169 cm and I wanted to reach around 5´8.5 or 174 cm.

Should I lengthen tibias or femur?

When I look at myself in the mirror I think that my leg ratios are perfect between femur and tibia, it feels like my knee would be too low if I did 5 cm on femur, but I dont know for sure,some people say 5 cm will almost never be a problem proportion wise others say something else.

My sitting height is 88-90 cm
My wingspan is around 5'9.5(177 cm)

https://ibb.co/6sjLVCT
https://ibb.co/vsRkrmw
https://ibb.co/31MpWKp

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
Re: How much can i lengthen, with pics
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2023, 04:58:23 PM »

I am 5´6.5 or 169 cm and I wanted to reach around 5´8.5 or 174 cm.

Should I lengthen tibias or femur?

When I look at myself in the mirror I think that my leg ratios are perfect between femur and tibia, it feels like my knee would be too low if I did 5 cm on femur, but I dont know for sure,some people say 5 cm will almost never be a problem proportion wise others say something else.

My sitting height is 88-90 cm
My wingspan is around 5'9.5(177 cm)

https://ibb.co/6sjLVCT
https://ibb.co/vsRkrmw
https://ibb.co/31MpWKp

Definitely femur.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

oeioei2

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2023, 11:03:02 AM »

Definitely femur.
Are you answering from an aesthetic view or health wise?
I just want to avoid the caterpillar look and want to look as natural as possible when I do it.

Is there any way to measure for the optimal ratio? If I do xrays and upload them will it be easier to know for sure or is it enough with the pictures I uploaded

junior006

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2023, 11:21:48 AM »

the femurs look quite short you can lengthen 6-8cm and comfortably fall within the natural range for tibiofemoral and wingspan:height.

sphenopetroclival

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 09:56:14 PM »

Are you answering from an aesthetic view or health wise?

If you were a model perhaps I'd suggest tibia. If that's not the case definitely femur. Easier rehab.

LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

1team

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 11:01:03 AM »

5cm tibias, you will definately look proportionate but rehab will be longer.

sphenopetroclival

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 12:12:31 PM »

5cm tibias, you will definately look proportionate but rehab will be longer.

Yeah if peeps are really hell bent on meditating on ratio considerations they're likely better off at tibias. Despite the longer rehab.

oeioei2

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 09:32:11 PM »

Yeah if peeps are really hell bent on meditating on ratio considerations they're likely better off at tibias. Despite the longer rehab.
Damn now I am confused, junior said femurs look short and you say tibia is best for ratio in my case. Is it possible for me to measure it myself or can I only do it at doctors? I wanted to know beforehand so I know how much money to save up since tibias cost more than femurs

GrowTow

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2023, 10:40:02 AM »

In almost every case; it's better to lengthen femurs.

You'll gain more cms, recover faster and have a lot less complications.

And, even if it's disproportionate, there's little to no long term effects from having long femurs whereas having longer tibias can cause damage in the future.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

oeioei2

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2023, 07:56:18 PM »

In almost every case; it's better to lengthen femurs.

You'll gain more cms, recover faster and have a lot less complications.

And, even if it's disproportionate, there's little to no long term effects from having long femurs whereas having longer tibias can cause damage in the future.
Okay but if we are putting health aside and only talking from a aesthetic point of view, would femurs or tibia be best for a 4-5 cm lengthening? 

ThirdSpace

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2023, 08:06:08 PM »

Why not go for the full 8 cm?

oeioei2

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2023, 08:59:50 PM »

Why not go for the full 8 cm?

Recovery + I dont want to look strange proportion wise,
I would rather do 5 cm on femur and wait a while to see if I am happy and if not then go for 4 cm tibia if I am not satisfied.

ballsackoffury123

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2023, 09:13:26 PM »

Recovery + I dont want to look strange proportion wise,
I would rather do 5 cm on femur and wait a while to see if I am happy and if not then go for 4 cm tibia if I am not satisfied.

8cm on the femur isn't enough to give you weird proportions unless you started with abonormally long femurs. 90% case that's not you.

Recovery prob takes 2 months more going for the full 8cm vs 5cm (and thats to full normal walking, not the extra lengthening time).

Bang for your buck is to go 8cm femur using an internal nail. People get hung up with proportions for no reason. Unless you're doing 10+cm, dont even worry about it. No one is born with the perfect proportions. Everyone falls within some range which 8cm on your femur wont really disrupt.

p00293

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2023, 06:38:09 PM »

Buddyboyo, you're 169cm, it's going to be much better for your overall life to be a slightly disproportional 177cm dude than a well proportioned 174cm one. And I'd doubt ANYONE would be able to notice anyway, even at 8cm.

Too much focus overall on here about looking perfectly 'natural'. It's either have longer femurs than average, or stay a manlet. Obviously it's better to have the longer femurs, the 'stigma' about that is non-existent, while at 169cm you'll face significant disadvantages in life from height.

oeioei2

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2023, 07:17:41 PM »

Buddyboyo, you're 169cm, it's going to be much better for your overall life to be a slightly disproportional 177cm dude than a well proportioned 174cm one. And I'd doubt ANYONE would be able to notice anyway, even at 8cm.

Too much focus overall on here about looking perfectly 'natural'. It's either have longer femurs than average, or stay a manlet. Obviously it's better to have the longer femurs, the 'stigma' about that is non-existent, while at 169cm you'll face significant disadvantages in life from height.
I guess thats true but like I said I will prob do the other segment aswell, do you know any guide where I can do a rough estimation of my current ratios or is it best to wait for xray?

p00293

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2023, 09:25:21 PM »

I guess thats true but like I said I will prob do the other segment aswell, do you know any guide where I can do a rough estimation of my current ratios or is it best to wait for xray?

Femur/Tibia ratio doesn't matter. Of more importance for attractiveness is leg/torso ratio, but even that is massively overblown - in almost all instances it's still better to be taller even with longer than normal legs.

Only xrays will tell you your leg length with any proper accuracy.
Pages: [1]   Go Up