Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Been researching LLS considering LON 10+CM on a budget  (Read 776 times)

MOMOV

• Visitor
Been researching LLS considering LON 10+CM on a budget
« on: June 01, 2023, 03:49:13 AM »

Consider Halil Femur LON surgery almost put a deposit down, but I saw horrible feedbacks here. Considered DongHoon but supposedly his waitlist is a few years in. I am in US looking for something around 10+CM and somewhat affordable. Please send recommendations of something affordable and effective. I was browsing to see if there was something but I could see any. Thanks for the help.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Been researching LLS considering LON 10+CM on a budget
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2023, 04:30:05 AM »

Affordable and U.S. Healthcare are rarely in the same sentence for a reason. :(

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2023, 07:08:15 AM »

If you want 10 cm, you should do both Femur and Tibia, and that isn't cheap. I would try to do 8 cm femurs and then you can always if you want 2+cm more do tibia. But never do LON! It's unsafe if you ask any experienced Western surgeon, because of the very high risk of developing deep infection. You can't find any US surgeon who recommends it for a reason.

tsmith4900

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2023, 08:07:50 AM »

If you want 10 cm, you should do both Femur and Tibia, and that isn't cheap. I would try to do 8 cm femurs and then you can always if you want 2+cm more do tibia. But never do LON! It's unsafe if you ask any experienced Western surgeon, because of the very high risk of developing deep infection. You can't find any US surgeon who recommends it for a reason.

The reality is not everyone is going to have the budget for internals and so LON is the only option. It's easy to say 'well just save more bro' but that's not a viable option for many. Plus inflation on LL prices is quite insane, you'd often just be saving more just to stand still as costs rise each year.

Infections are cured most of the time with antibiotics. Actually, I'd pre-emptively be taking antibiotics before even starting the surgery for this reason - it's a lot easier to prevent an infection than to get rid of an existing one.

Let's be quite clear as well: a big reason 'experienced western surgeons' recommend Precise over LON is because they make a lot more money from it. They're hardly going to tell prospective patients to go to their cheaper competitors abroad, are they?

Finally, being 'western' isn't always some mark of quality and the US certainly isn't. America has a lower life expectancy than just about every other western nation, and a lower life expectancy than some 'developing' nations too! There's been plenty of butchers in the west (Guichet, Phili) and those with debatable lengthening practices (i.e. Betz allowing patients to lengthen 10cm+ on one segment).

Don't go to Turkey or India would be solid advice, but I'd certainly consider Russia or China for LON if that's all the budget stretched too.

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2023, 12:19:58 PM »

I dont agree with most of what your're saying. The reason why people die earlier in the US, compared to the rest of the world, is usually cuz of the unhealthy food. The service level and surgeons skill, is usually way superior and has nothing to do with what average age the population die at.

LON isn't even a decent option, because of the level of unsafety it brings. Your almost guranteed an infection because of the pinsites that can attract bacteria. And if the infection can't be cured with antibiotics or doesn't get spotted within the first few weeks, you can end up losing a leg or function for life! You should never cheap out on your legs, cuz you can't buy new ones.

I can understand that the pricetag is annoying, but this surgery is the most invasive cosmetic surgery you can get. And in my opinion, it's smarter to wait as an example 5 years of getting internal lengthening, than waiting 2 years and risking your legs life in the process.

The reason why they don't offer LON in the US isn't because they wouldn't earn much, but because of safety regulations, and the many potiental complications that comes with it. If a company offered such service, they would definitly get sued, but in third world countries that would rarely happen.

Besides many people on this forum who did LON or just tried to save money on the surgery regretted it because of the bad outcome, their were uncomfortable and often gives permanent complications and huge scars.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm (almost all diseases that comes by being overweight, which obviously comes by eating unhealty food)

Here is just a couple of experiences with LON:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68011.0

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=78387.31

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=71235.0

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=79700.0

LLprime3

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2023, 02:53:15 PM »

Consider Halil Femur LON surgery almost put a deposit down, but I saw horrible feedbacks here. Considered DongHoon but supposedly his waitlist is a few years in. I am in US looking for something around 10+CM and somewhat affordable. Please send recommendations of something affordable and effective. I was browsing to see if there was something but I could see any. Thanks for the help.

Two problems with your choice: The lengthening amount and the doc.

7-8 cm is max for femurs, and that is if you're a person with a body of someone who does exercises prior to LL to begin with.
Don't even think about more than 8 cm. When the nails after LON are being locked, it's like getting your legs extended by 5mm in one go. You need to leave some spare room before the nail locking surgery.

And if you insist on going to Turkery, I can only recommend FATIH ARSLANOGLU as someone who did LL with two different docs, including your first choice...

tsmith4900

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2023, 05:16:47 PM »

I dont agree with most of what your're saying. The reason why people die earlier in the US, compared to the rest of the world, is usually cuz of the unhealthy food. The service level and surgeons skill, is usually way superior and has nothing to do with what average age the population die at.

LON isn't even a decent option, because of the level of unsafety it brings. Your almost guranteed an infection because of the pinsites that can attract bacteria. And if the infection can't be cured with antibiotics or doesn't get spotted within the first few weeks, you can end up losing a leg or function for life! You should never cheap out on your legs, cuz you can't buy new ones.

I can understand that the pricetag is annoying, but this surgery is the most invasive cosmetic surgery you can get. And in my opinion, it's smarter to wait as an example 5 years of getting internal lengthening, than waiting 2 years and risking your legs life in the process.

The reason why they don't offer LON in the US isn't because they wouldn't earn much, but because of safety regulations, and the many potiental complications that comes with it. If a company offered such service, they would definitly get sued, but in third world countries that would rarely happen.

Besides many people on this forum who did LON or just tried to save money on the surgery regretted it because of the bad outcome, their were uncomfortable and often gives permanent complications and huge scars.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm (almost all diseases that comes by being overweight, which obviously comes by eating unhealty food)

Here is just a couple of experiences with LON:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68011.0

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=78387.31

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=71235.0

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=79700.0

Look, we can all agree internal nails are better, and I think most of us would agree femur is better. That's exactly what I'm doing now - however the reality is there's a lot of people out there who do not and will never have $60k+ to blow on internal nails. It's not a question of just working harder, some people aren't so talented, don't have connections, aren't at the top of their career and never will be, or are just born in a country where salaries aren't that high. For them, it's LON/external tibias or nothing.

Saying 'you can lose a leg' while accurate is also massively overplaying the risks. You can lose a leg doing any LL method, you can die doing any LL method. The overwhelming majority of LON patients either don't get deep bone infections (it's 'only' 10% that will, which I agree is high but that means 90% are fine) or will have them cured with antibiotics. Pin site infections aren't really that important.

LON isn't offered in the US because they wouldn't be competitive with LON options abroad. Why would anyone pay $70k for a US surgeon (assuming it's $100k normally but now we don't have to pay the $30k for Precise, so $70k in total) when it can be done for $20-30k overseas? There's not too many countries outside the US and Europe that offer the internal nails so they can still charge high prices for surgery for those, with LON it'd be a different matter.

Again - I am not debating whether internal nails are better, of course they are. But the choice for many isn't external vs internal, it's external vs nothing.

Every single one of those diaries was from the known butchers LLT in Turkey. I've met patients here who went to Russia for tibias first and they're doing OK. Granted it's a higher risk.

MOMOV

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2023, 02:25:00 AM »

Thanks for the wonderful reply. Dont do LON method.. So Precise 8CM femur. Whats the best doctors that is best bang for your bucks. affordability. someone mentioned vietnam? I didnt know they did that. Also this forum steered me away from Turkey surgery.. Appreciate all the replies!

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2023, 04:53:57 AM »

Where did you get that 10% deep bone infection rate?  Seems ridiculously high as I've met dozens of LON patients in person, and only one of them had one, and she had been severley botched by a shady surgeon and was in Beijing with me for both reconstruction and finishing the LL she started.

tsmith4900

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2023, 07:31:53 AM »

Where did you get that 10% deep bone infection rate?  Seems ridiculously high as I've met dozens of LON patients in person, and only one of them had one, and she had been severley botched by a shady surgeon and was in Beijing with me for both reconstruction and finishing the LL she started.

Got it from here, post 43: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=70786.msg256237

I've not seen the interview he states in person however.

Reality is though 10% of LON patients do not lose their legs, and if you preemptively take antibiotics it's very unlikely any infection is going to take hold anyway. Internals are better of course but there's a fair bit of arrogance and privilege on this forum regarding this topic - the idea that one can just 'save a couple more years for internals' just quite simply isn't an option for everyone, plus the surgery price rises have massively outpaced inflation for years now.

Pages: [1]   Go Up