Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femurs completed in 2022, thinking about tibias  (Read 1246 times)

Stretcher

• Visitor
Femurs completed in 2022, thinking about tibias
« on: July 24, 2023, 11:20:47 PM »

Hey! I just came across this site and think it's amazing.

I completed 8cm with precise by Dr. Paley last year and am thinking about tibias.  My therapist at the time always joked with me that I would be back to do my tibias and I didn't believe her, but here we are. 

Anyone who completed tibias in WPB what are your thoughts?

Also if anyone has any questions, I can try and answer.

informationispower

Re: Femurs completed in 2022, thinking about tibias
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2023, 01:09:58 PM »

What is your height now? How is your recovery going?

Stretcher

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 07:36:07 AM »

What is your height now? How is your recovery going?

I started at 173 cm and am now 181 cm. It’s been a little over a year, I’m not a terribly active person so I feel close to 100%. Every once and awhile, like if I’m walking fast and not really paying attention, I tend to have a “penguin” walk. I’m still in contact with my therapist in west palm and she has given me some targeted exercises to focus on to address it.

Overall I am completely satisfied and would 100% do it again with Dr Paley and I”m almost certain I will do tibias, I just need to mentally prepare for what I should be expecting.

youyin12

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 08:16:38 AM »

Hi Stretcher! Is the pain severe after the surgery? What painkillers did you use?

Stretcher

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 06:48:32 PM »

Hi Stretcher! Is the pain severe after the surgery? What painkillers did you use?

I’m not going to lie…those first two weeks after surgery make you question your decision even with the oxy you’re prescribed. But after those weeks as long as you’re doing what you need to do it’s manageable.

I was prescribed oxy…took it as needed those two weeks (mainly before my therapy sessions) and then saved what I could for “just in case” towards the end. The doctors tell you to use Tylenol after you run out of oxy…but I was given the ok to use Motrin.

Surprisingly a hot shower can go a long way as far as tightness pain.

Where are you thinking/have decided to do surgery?

G8788

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2023, 08:52:41 PM »

I think at 181cm we're well into the diminishing returns territory. 173 to 181 is a fantastic boost, but going from 181 to presumably 186 or 187 won't be anything like the same amount of 'gains', socially.

Stretcher

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2023, 07:12:38 PM »

I think at 181cm we're well into the diminishing returns territory. 173 to 181 is a fantastic boost, but going from 181 to presumably 186 or 187 won't be anything like the same amount of 'gains', socially.

I get that, if I do decide to do them it would be max 5 cm to help with how I perceive my proportions.

1team

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2023, 01:23:44 AM »

I get that, if I do decide to do them it would be max 5 cm to help with how I perceive my proportions.

How do you perceive them?

youyin12

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2023, 02:38:24 AM »

I’m not going to lie…those first two weeks after surgery make you question your decision even with the oxy you’re prescribed. But after those weeks as long as you’re doing what you need to do it’s manageable.

I was prescribed oxy…took it as needed those two weeks (mainly before my therapy sessions) and then saved what I could for “just in case” towards the end. The doctors tell you to use Tylenol after you run out of oxy…but I was given the ok to use Motrin.

Surprisingly a hot shower can go a long way as far as tightness pain.

Where are you thinking/have decided to do surgery?
I plan to have femur surgery with Dr Paley for some time after Precice Max is available (depending on my job and financial situation), pain is one of my more worries, maybe I'm a coward, haha.

MyPhysicalRomance

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2023, 05:18:45 PM »

I also agree with G8788. If you look at the height distribution curve, 173 to 181 you are going from bottom 36% to top 24%, passing 40% of all males since you are going from the left side of the normal distribution to the right side. From 181 to 186, you are going from top 24% to top 8%, passing only 16% of all males.

I would only advise you to do it if you

• Are constantly bothered by your proportions. Usually other people will not notice your femur:tibia ratio is off
  • Have the money (this includes opportunity cost of not working, or slacking off at work resulting in a worse performance which hinders your chances of getting promoted, etc)
  • Have the time (at least 6 months until you can walk somewhat normal again)
  • Is okay for people to potentially notice that your torso/wingspan:leg ration is off. I don't know your particular stats, but usually we have shorter arms and smaller frame to start with, and a 13cm gain will make that more noticeable. Though small frame can be somewhat mitigated by gym

A non-concern of yours is obviously pain, because you've already done it once before, I am sure since you are considering doing tibias, you already cleared the mental hurdle of pain.

Bilateral femurs Precice 2.2 at Paley. Surgery date June 20, 2023.

Singh1

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2023, 05:25:43 PM »

Hey stretcher can you check your Pm please

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2023, 07:26:08 PM »

MyPhysicalRomance I agree! It's important to think about why your're doing this. From a logical perspective like you said going from 173 to 181 cm is a much more noticeable and a bigger gain that from 181+ cm.
Pages: [1]   Go Up