Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Leonid N.Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia)  (Read 73451 times)

Morgenst.

Re: Dr Leonid N.Solomin (St. Petersburg, Russia)
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2014, 03:36:48 PM »

True but I am dead set on reaching 5'8(I mean in the country where I'll be living that's still considered short) no matter I can do internals just wondered why LON on femurs was such a horrid idea.

PrettyTall

« Reply #94 on: September 30, 2014, 10:06:36 PM »

Did anyone spoke to the Dr to confirm the price and period of staying ?

tx1111

« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2014, 09:13:38 PM »

I talked to him.  ~$5000 for surgery and 3 weeks stay

~50$ per day in 4 person room

PrettyTall

« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2014, 09:52:02 PM »

what about frame romoval ? and lengthening home ?

RobinKing44

• Visitor
« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2014, 04:33:47 AM »

I have been messaging the doctor and was telling him how i want to add 15cm to both legs and he said he does those surgeries by doing this
"If larger lengthening is necessary we use cross-elongation. Sequential
cross-elongation of femurs and lower legs:
1st step: right femur + left lower leg
2nd step: left femur + right lower leg
Cost for the each step: Femur and lower leg frame applying + osteotomy
+ 60 days in four-six bed ward = ~ $9.000." those are his words just wanted to know do you guys think this is a bad way to lengthen?

Morgenst.

« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2014, 04:52:00 AM »

Guessing cages would be used for femurs?

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2014, 08:10:02 AM »

Im assuming thats for externals only? Do you know how much it would cost to stay at the hospital a day?
Could you ask him how much  it is and what kind of visa you'd need to stay in Russia?

$9,000 for both segments which includes a 60 day stay in the hospital is a DAMN BARGAIN. That equates to $4,500 a segment which is cheap as chips
If only Exclide started a diary on his experiences because he's the only one so far brave enough to proceed with it and he seems to be in good spirits atm.

Im still undecided on externals femur though, how uncomfortable would it be to have those on your femurs for 9-10months? And how do you go back home to your home country with them on? I would think a patient would have to stay in the hospital for the whole duration?

Overdozer

« Reply #100 on: October 07, 2014, 12:35:02 PM »

Hospital stay is 2200 rubles/day (55$) with one-bed room. You can stay in 5-bed room with everyone else, it's much cheaper. Plus, you only have to stay in hospital for one-two weeks after the surgery, you can then leave and rent an appartment, that will also be cheaper.

I'll start a diary on my second cross-lateral surgery, there's just nothing to write atm, as I'm consolidating.

Like I always said, external femurs are very uncomfortable, right after the surgery your ROM goes down by 90 degrees, as you can't bend your knee due to the pins going through your muscles. And it gets worse while lengthening and doesn't get much better until you remove the fixators. Sitting is also a trouble. Sleeping is hard. So I'd suggest doing LON femurs, so you'll only have to take it for 2-3 months of lengthening.

If I were to start from scratch and wanted to lengthen both of my lower leg segments, I'd get internal femurs and right after I'm done with distraction, do external tibias. But if you don't have the money for internals, you can do LON bilateral femurs instead. Keep in mind that bilateral femurs is twice as hard and uncomfortable, but you should be OK after you lengthen and remove the fixators.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #101 on: October 07, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »

Hospital stay is 2200 rubles/day (55$) with one-bed room. You can stay in 5-bed room with everyone else, it's much cheaper. Plus, you only have to stay in hospital for one-two weeks after the surgery, you can then leave and rent an appartment, that will also be cheaper.

I'll start a diary on my second cross-lateral surgery, there's just nothing to write atm, as I'm consolidating.

Like I always said, external femurs are very uncomfortable, right after the surgery your ROM goes down by 90 degrees, as you can't bend your knee due to the pins going through your muscles. And it gets worse while lengthening and doesn't get much better until you remove the fixators. Sitting is also a trouble. Sleeping is hard. So I'd suggest doing LON femurs, so you'll only have to take it for 2-3 months of lengthening.

If I were to start from scratch and wanted to lengthen both of my lower leg segments, I'd get internal femurs and right after I'm done with distraction, do external tibias. But if you don't have the money for internals, you can do LON bilateral femurs instead. Keep in mind that bilateral femurs is twice as hard and uncomfortable, but you should be OK after you lengthen and remove the fixators.
crosslateral with Lon on femurs 5+5 and external only Tibias. What about this 50 days to lengthen 5cm on each femur so lets say 2 months lengthening and another 2.5 for tibias. Does it sound good?
Current height 5'8 Future height: 5'11 . 3 inch gain tibias in Russia.

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #102 on: October 07, 2014, 02:38:47 PM »

Sounds good Exclide, would love to read your diary once you start your second surgery when ever that maybe  ;D

While we're still on the topic, how hard was it to go to the toilet with frames on your femurs? And sitting down, would you need some kind of cushion/pillow under it?

Overdozer

« Reply #103 on: October 07, 2014, 03:40:00 PM »

crosslateral with Lon on femurs 5+5 and external only Tibias. What about this 50 days to lengthen 5cm on each femur so lets say 2 months lengthening and another 2.5 for tibias. Does it sound good?
Yeah. The only problem is that at some point, you'll be left with 3 externals at the same time 2 on just one leg.

when ever that may be
Lol, I hope to remove the fixators in about two months.

how hard was it to go to the toilet with frames on your femurs? And sitting down, would you need some kind of cushion/pillow under it?
It depends on the external composition. My frames didn't go too long up my ass, so I could sit fine on the toilet and also everything else, but you can't sit any deeper obviously. Plus, as one of your legs is almost straight (you can't bend it), it's hard to sit straight.

Overall, cross-lateral LON femurs and external tibias seem like a good idea to me. I probably shouldn't have refused LON. Not sure. I think with LON you need 3 surgeries - first one to place the nail and install the frame, second one to lock the nail at the end of lengthening, and third one to remove the nail. It turned me away. Plus, I really wanted to just lengthen and forget about it everything, didn't want to be reminded by the nail in my bones, that I'm still not done. But I've been too optimistic about my consolidation times.

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0

tx1111

« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2014, 12:52:53 AM »

Hey exclide. Where do you get this price of 2200 rubles/55$ a day for a one bedroom? He messaged me and said ~50$ a day but the price is comfirmed at the consultation even though i am not sure what factors would change the price of room. Do you think there is a separate price for international patients? If thats the case ill take it as it is but i would like to kniw the reasoning behind that.

Robinking44 you emailed him. Can you tell me what price he quoted you for daily rate of room?

Its hard to get a clear picture of the total financial cost when the price appears to be so volatile.
Thanks both of you

PrettyTall

« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2014, 09:16:42 AM »

I want to do external tibia and length back home

Dingo

« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2014, 11:14:13 AM »

Its hard to get a clear picture of the total financial cost when the price appears to be so volatile.

I agree.

We need a breakdown of the original prices in rubles. People can then convert them to their own currencies and figure out the total costs by adding the cost of the surgeries to the length of time they expect to spend at the hospital.

External tibias surgeries = ... rubles
External femurs surgeries = ... rubles

LON tibias surgeries = ... rubles
LON femurs surgeries = ... rubles

LATN tibias surgeries = ... rubles
LATN femurs surgeries = ... rubles

Daily rate for staying in a single bedroom = ... rubles
Daily rate for staying in a 6-person ward = ... rubles

Overdozer

« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2014, 11:35:29 AM »

Thanks both of you
It mostly comes down to conversion rates. If ruble keeps dropping in value, you'll need less and less $. I'm not sure about all the prices, honestly, it costs like nothing, so I don't see a reason counting every ruble or so. Just get extra few thousands and you should be fine. Also you can't really demand fixed numbers from the Dr., he's not in charge for it all and he can only give you an estimate. Prices are also dynamic.

GROWtalORdieTRYING1

« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2014, 12:25:38 PM »

it would mean a lot to the people planning to go there if you could post the ruble amount.

because not everyone will have more than enough money when they go over and if they are cutting it close financially those few rubles might make all the difference. 

my opinion. never underestimate accuracy. and when planning LL from a financial point of view. accuracy is VERY important.

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2014, 01:52:14 PM »

it would mean a lot to the people planning to go there if you could post the ruble amount.

because not everyone will have more than enough money when they go over and if they are cutting it close financially those few rubles might make all the difference. 

my opinion. never underestimate accuracy. and when planning LL from a financial point of view. accuracy is VERY important.
I really wanna know if dr Leonid uses smaller frames like dr bagirov.Exclide do you know?

Overdozer

« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2014, 02:04:10 PM »

I really wanna know if dr Leonid uses smaller frames like dr bagirov.Exclide do you know?
I don't know, mate, just ask him. And keep in mind that there are reasons for not using very small frames, especially for the femurs, as the leg tends to get thicker after lengthening and that may cut blood flow, so you'll need another surgery to replace the frames with bigger ones.

Dingo

« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2014, 03:05:08 PM »

The webpage below shows 2 of Dr Leonid's patients, both female. I don't know if those are the frames he uses for LL though...

http://www.rniito.org/clinic8_estetic.html

PrettyTall

« Reply #112 on: October 13, 2014, 04:11:36 PM »

The webpage below shows 2 of Dr Leonid's patients, both female. I don't know if those are the frames he uses for LL though...

http://www.rniito.org/clinic8_estetic.html
  I think it's for leger x-leg

Greek-Semidget

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2014, 05:58:57 PM »

I don't know, mate, just ask him. And keep in mind that there are reasons for not using very small frames, especially for the femurs, as the leg tends to get thicker after lengthening and that may cut blood flow, so you'll need another surgery to replace the frames with bigger ones.
I don't mean too narrow, and I am not considering femurs, but thanks mate I will ask him :)

iwanttobetall

« Reply #114 on: October 15, 2014, 02:35:40 PM »

Great, the doctor seems to be very experienced, and also he replies fast unlike Dr. M... lol

Got an update: LON or LATN option is $8,000 including 3 weeks hospital stay, and the price is the same  ;D for international patients.

For mates from US (like me), I asked about the safety concern (due to US-Russia tension...) in St. P; Dr. Solomin is very confident about the safety there.

Also, he works in a federal hospital so he has to serve Russian patients first; thus he usually takes international patients only on Wednesday. In addition there's a big queue for hospitalization, need to message him 2-4 months in advance if you want surgery from him.

Moubgf

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2014, 04:04:18 PM »

LON or LATN option is $8,000 including 3 weeks hospital stay, Is Halle Berry cheap. Whats the catch?

iwanttobetall

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2014, 07:36:44 PM »

The only concern I have is the skinheads... as a mixed I don't know how Russians will think about me   ???

I have heard some information saying that Russians are pretty racist toward people who don't look slav white  :-[

exclide can you give me some feedback on this? TY

PrettyTall

« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2014, 11:17:41 PM »

Great, the doctor seems to be very experienced, and also he replies fast unlike Dr. M... lol

Got an update: LON or LATN option is $8,000 including 3 weeks hospital stay, and the price is the same  ;D for international patients.

For mates from US (like me), I asked about the safety concern (due to US-Russia tension...) in St. P; Dr. Solomin is very confident about the safety there.

Also, he works in a federal hospital so he has to serve Russian patients first; thus he usually takes international patients only on Wednesday. In addition there's a big queue for hospitalization, need to message him 2-4 months in advance if you want surgery from him.

Did you ask him about external ?

Taller

« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2014, 11:24:03 PM »

The only concern I have is the skinheads... as a mixed I don't know how Russians will think about me   ???

I have heard some information saying that Russians are pretty racist toward people who don't look slav white  :-[

exclide can you give me some feedback on this? TY

RGKEY was fine, and he is Peruvian!

Overdozer

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2014, 11:55:43 PM »

Lol. Russian neo-nazi skinhead movement died like 10 years ago. Surely there are still neonazis left, just like in every other country... but they don't dress like skinheads to avoid unnecessary attention. As usual, chances of meeting them are very slim.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #120 on: October 16, 2014, 05:00:34 AM »

Did you ask him about external ?

External is pretty much just as what everyone said, $5,000 USD including 3 weeks stay; or the cross lengthening plan which is $9,000 including 2 months stay.

iwanttobetall

« Reply #121 on: October 16, 2014, 05:01:44 AM »

Lol. Russian neo-nazi skinhead movement died like 10 years ago. Surely there are still neonazis left, just like in every other country... but they don't dress like skinheads to avoid unnecessary attention. As usual, chances of meeting them are very slim.

Thanks haha  ;D

Seems like I'm outdated lol

ShortyMcShort

« Reply #122 on: October 16, 2014, 07:12:32 AM »

Wow his prices are really tempting, if I could get some kind of medical visa and stay for longer than 6 months then I'll definitely go with him.

$5,000 and $8,000 usd for externals and LON/LATN respectively is so affordable. Makes you think about the greedy pigs out there charging double, triple, 10X the price for the same surgery...
I wonder if he even makes any money out of this if its only $5,000

iwanttobetall

« Reply #123 on: October 16, 2014, 07:18:40 AM »

He asks us to apply tourist visa, I'm trying to read the visa instruction of Russia now  ???
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up