Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wait for precice max or go for betzbone for tibia  (Read 1024 times)

overandover

Wait for precice max or go for betzbone for tibia
« on: September 17, 2023, 09:33:20 AM »

Kinda confused here. I can't do non-weight bearing nail because I have to go to the office once a week and can take off only for 1 or 2 months so precice 2 is not an option. Should I go ahead with Betzbone with becker or wait for precice max. Will prob. go with a US surgeon in case of precice max because it'll be available in the US first.

barbie2

• Visitor
Re: Wait for precice max or go for betzbone for tibia
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 10:18:58 AM »

It depends on how you choose a surgeon. What are your criteria? Experience in deformity correction is important to you?
A lot of people here first choose a surgeon based on convenience to them and them justify it themselves  ;D

GrowGrow123

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 06:43:07 PM »

No one really knows about Precice Max. It hasn’t come out yet.

You also need to do more research about BetzBone and full weight bearing nails in general. Weight bearing doesn’t mean you’ll be able to walk around like nothings broken. It’s going to be a struggle walking around especially as you lengthen more and more.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

guy_incognito

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 05:54:31 PM »

Got some info from my doc, and he said that even with a full weight-bearing rod, you might not be able to walk due to pain. Femurs are better for that than tibias. Also, most people here dont talk about it, but for me the fact that precice 2 was on the market already for a few years was a big plus. We dont know if precice max will be perfect right out of the factory, or will there be some unforeseen problems with those. What Im saying is, even if it comes out, Id rather wait for a few years before going with it myself.

overandover

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 07:45:57 PM »

Got some info from my doc, and he said that even with a full weight-bearing rod, you might not be able to walk due to pain. Femurs are better for that than tibias. Also, most people here dont talk about it, but for me the fact that precice 2 was on the market already for a few years was a big plus. We dont know if precice max will be perfect right out of the factory, or will there be some unforeseen problems with those. What Im saying is, even if it comes out, Id rather wait for a few years before going with it myself.

I already did femurs with precice 2 so I know that. Non-weight bearing was hell for me so I want to do with a weight bearing nail if possible.

GrowGrow123

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 10:47:51 PM »

At least with Stryde, my surgeon said it typically took between 1-2 months for patients to stop using the wheelchair / walker. You’re not fully ambulant right out of the gate even with a weight bearing nail.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 10:55:07 PM »

Depends how old your are imo.  If youre in your 30's go with Becker, dont wait on that nail you have no idea when it will come out.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 11:03:55 PM »

Why an external hexapod is not an option for you?
It is fully weight bearing and more safe compared to any internal method for tibias. And you could walk unaided faster even than gnail.
If it is an aesthetic reason though, because you want to go to work, I understand it.

arnoldhams10

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 11:10:42 PM »

The biggest concern would be scarring issues associated with the external methods. Too difficult to cover and come up with an external for such aggressive and symmetrical scarring. Muscle pin tear concerns as well.

overandover

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2023, 07:02:41 AM »

Why an external hexapod is not an option for you?
It is fully weight bearing and more safe compared to any internal method for tibias. And you could walk unaided faster even than gnail.
If it is an aesthetic reason though, because you want to go to work, I understand it.

Don't want scarring and can't go to work wearing externals so yeah aesthetic reason.

Omar

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2023, 10:43:34 AM »

is there a method to lie down while still being able to walk? It's a load-bearing nail, isn't it?

guy_incognito

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2023, 07:04:00 PM »

I already did femurs with precice 2 so I know that. Non-weight bearing was hell for me so I want to do with a weight bearing nail if possible.
What I meant is, even with fully weight bearing nail you will still experience pain. What my doc said is that people doing stryde on femurs could more or less walk without crutches for short periods. As for the tibias, none of his patient could walk without crutches, mostly due to pain it was causing.

overandover

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2023, 08:41:24 PM »

What I meant is, even with fully weight bearing nail you will still experience pain. What my doc said is that people doing stryde on femurs could more or less walk without crutches for short periods. As for the tibias, none of his patient could walk without crutches, mostly due to pain it was causing.

Becker said his patients can walk, also I saw some stryde patients walk with tibia as well so it's possible and even limited mobility is better than being totally bedridden. I'll be happy even if I can walk with a walker.

Fiddlestick

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2023, 09:12:02 PM »

Pick a cut off date for PMax.

If PMax is not released by the date, go for the other option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up