Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: have you grown thanks to stretching  (Read 1364 times)

Omar

have you grown thanks to stretching
« on: September 19, 2023, 04:43:27 PM »

I wanted to know if anyone has done a stretching routine for at least 6 months in order to see an increase in their height.

breakmylegs

• Take any opinion with a grain of salt.
Re: have you grown thanks to stretching
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 08:25:11 PM »

Not after you're done growing.
Saving up, researching doctors.

GrowGrow123

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 08:45:46 PM »

There's zero reason to believe stretching would make one grow. Stretching can't alter your skeleton. You're stuck with the bones you got (unless you do LL, of course).
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

throwaway123456

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2023, 03:19:52 AM »

Stretching for height is not about bones, it is about decompressing spinal intervertebral disks, we all shrink at different rates throughout the day, inversion and glucosamine can at least maintain your morning height for longer throughout the day.
I personally have had a spinal S1/L5 spinal fusion so I only "shrink" max 1 cm on a long day, inversion helps me reduce this to ~ 0.5 cm, so for me it is not really worth it.
Ironically it is the people with long upper bodies (usually already tall people) who benefit most from inversion in terms of height.

GrowGrow123

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2023, 04:32:08 AM »

Yes, studies show the average person loses about 1.5cm throughout the day.

Even if glucosamine and stretching were 100% effective at preventing spine compression, the overall height gain is quite minimal.

But, here’s the thing, it’s not effective nor practical. Any effects from stretching in particular would be quite temporary. Even astronauts who are literally in zero gravity for long periods of time return to their normal height after a couple of months once they return to Earth. Waking up everyday to stretch for 30 minutes to an hour so you can maybe hang on to another centimeter of height for a couple extra hours is a massive waste of time.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

Omar

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2023, 06:00:09 AM »

personally between the morning (out of bed) and the evening (before going to bed) I lose on average 2 cm. I lose the first cm very quickly after a few minutes then the rest happens throughout the day. What I told myself is that if we manage to straighten our back as much as possible and possibly with sport, strengthen our legs, this could perhaps increase the size in the morning and at worst maintain the size during the day. however I think it must be very long and a weekly routine which may not be worth it.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2023, 07:06:11 PM »

Never, and stretching only gains you a temporary growth.
What is more surprising to me is that exercises neither make you grow taller nor make you grow faster.
Well I learned that it was a common knowledge in West but here in China like nearly no people know it's a myth that exercises can make you grow taller.
Pages: [1]   Go Up