Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: 1 YEAR LATER - DR. BECKER 7.6CM ON TIBIAS  (Read 5320 times)

maxheight35

1 YEAR LATER - DR. BECKER 7.6CM ON TIBIAS
« on: September 28, 2023, 02:07:48 AM »

Helloooo… Wow time freakin’ flies!   

This is a FRESH POST on my tibia experience with Dr Becker from Germany, using the Betz Bone. The last thread is too long to continue, if you’d like to start there you can do so here:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=73542.0

ONE YEAR LATER

My tibia surgery was September 12th, 2022

Absolutely incredible experience in Germany, especially at the hotel / clinic where I spent 30 days doing rehab and making some new friends.

I completed my lengthening after 5 months of clicking for a gain of 7.6cm (3 inches)

Funny thing is, I did NOT start really stretching until AFTER my lengthening… hahaha. Don’t do that.

It’s weird because I didn’t start to really feel it until after lengthening and now I’ve become a stretching master! Every morning for the first several minutes and a few times throughout the day.

Ok so anyway - fast forward >>>

I have traveled all over the world since LL. When I left Germany, I went straight to NYC, then back to LA, then Bali, Dubai, Monaco, Barcelona, and a few other cool places.

It’s weird because I was limping around the whole time but as time went on it became less and less and then before I realized it I was walking normal!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO

Dr Becker and his team are great. The nail is superior. It was a big deal to fly from Los Angeles, California to Freiburg, Germany and having to stay there for a full 5 weeks.

It’s funny because after one year I actually miss the place lol.

Because of the weight bearing nail, I’ve also been able to travel the world right away after surgery and live life the way I truly wanted - this is something I also didn’t expect!

Next year around this time, after the tibia bone has fully healed - I will go back and do the femurs.

FOLLOW THE INSTAGRAM

I created an account that has gained some pretty good followers over the last 12 months.

There I have posted progress from beginning to around Feb, and I also just posted the 12 month X-RAYS.

I will take the next 30 days to post my physical activities as of lately, and will reply here in the forum with any questions or comments anyone has.

FOLLOW HERE:

https://instagram.com/maxheight35

Oh and please - do not ask me questions about any other doctors. I cannot give my experience or opinion on anyone other than Dr. Becker!

Beemer m3

Re: 1 YEAR LATER - DR. BECKER 7.6CM ON TIBIAS
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 02:39:34 AM »

whats your original height and did u not get ballerina foot doing over 7 cm?
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

overandover

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2023, 07:19:14 AM »

This is a FRESH POST on my tibia experience with Dr Becker from Germany, using the Betz Bone. The last thread is too long to continue, if you’d like to start there you can do so here:

ONE YEAR LATER

Absolutely incredible experience in Germany, especially at the hotel / clinic where I spent 30 days doing rehab and making some new friends.

I completed my lengthening after 5 months of clicking for a gain of 7.6cm (3 inches)

Funny thing is, I did NOT start really stretching until AFTER my lengthening… hahaha. Don’t do that.

It’s weird because I didn’t start to really feel it until after lengthening and now I’ve become a stretching master! Every morning for the first several minutes and a few times throughout the day.

I have traveled all over the world since LL. When I left Germany, I went straight to NYC, then back to LA, then Bali, Dubai, Monaco, Barcelona, and a few other cool places.

It’s weird because I was limping around the whole time but as time went on it became less and less and then before I realized it I was walking normal!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO

Dr Becker and his team are great. The nail is superior. It was a big deal to fly from Los Angeles, California to Freiburg, Germany and having to stay there for a full 5 weeks.

Because of the weight bearing nail, I’ve also been able to travel the world right away after surgery and live life the way I truly wanted - this is something I also didn’t expect!

Next year around this time, after the tibia bone has fully healed - I will go back and do the femurs.

FOLLOW THE INSTAGRAM

I created an account that has gained some pretty good followers over the last 12 months.

There I have posted progress from beginning to around Feb, and I also just posted the 12 month X-RAYS.

I will take the next 30 days to post my physical activities as of lately, and will reply here in the forum with any questions or comments anyone has.

FOLLOW HERE:

Oh and please - do not ask me questions about any other doctors. I cannot give my experience or opinion on anyone other than Dr. Becker!

Thanks for the update dude. I'll be doing the same pretty soon.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 08:26:14 AM by overandover »

overandover

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2023, 08:27:30 AM »

ONE YEAR LATER

VERY IMPORTANT INFO

FOLLOW THE INSTAGRAM

FOLLOW HERE:

Do you have any equinus? Can you walk long distances? Can you run?

maxheight35

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2023, 07:08:44 PM »

whats your original height and did u not get ballerina foot doing over 7 cm?

Original height 5ft 3 inches

Around 7.6cm I did start a slight ballerina foot and that’s one of the reasons why I stopped

maxheight35

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2023, 07:10:35 PM »

Do you have any equinus? Can you walk long distances? Can you run?

What is equinus?

Yes I can walk long distances now. I started going on hikes again back in July. It was easy going up, a little tricky coming back down - but now it’s almost normal.

Never was a runner, but I am also back on the stairmaster at the gym now. This was my go-to cardio pre surgery!

Beemer m3

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 06:57:51 AM »

im currently lengthening and its not really something i would miss. i want to remove my fixators but i got like 1 month left to reach 5.5/6 cm
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

saltedchocolate

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 09:56:04 AM »

nice to see you!  do you have any pain in the screws ?
7 cm gained on tibias via LON .  Had complications, Healed and moved on with life.

maxheight35

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 10:24:32 PM »

im currently lengthening and its not really something i would miss. i want to remove my fixators but i got like 1 month left to reach 5.5/6 cm

Oh man. You’re lengthening with Becker in Germany?

maxheight35

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 10:30:33 PM »

nice to see you!  do you have any pain in the screws ?

You too man. No pain anywhere anymore 🙏

Rockstarz5

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2023, 02:16:06 AM »

Hey max.. Im going with becker next year. Could you tell me how good is he?.. lately this forum is about bashing everything and becker is not the exception (I kind disagree because succesor of betz)

Planing to do 4 segments, In your experience¿would you do it?

Also Im  Going alone, so ¿could you give me some tips or advice once I travel there? I know is not the “norm” 4 segments and alone but, not sure how mant patients go alone to that trip.

Staying 5 months, would you think I could walk like is not noticeable or still in goofy mode by 5 motnhs

maxheight35

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2023, 03:04:05 AM »

Hey max.. Im going with becker next year. Could you tell me how good is he?.. lately this forum is about bashing everything and becker is not the exception (I kind disagree because succesor of betz)

Planing to do 4 segments, In your experience¿would you do it?

Also Im  Going alone, so ¿could you give me some tips or advice once I travel there? I know is not the “norm” 4 segments and alone but, not sure how mant patients go alone to that trip.

Staying 5 months, would you think I could walk like is not noticeable or still in goofy mode by 5 motnhs

Yeah he’s great. Not sure what’s been said here on the forum as I haven’t been on since February.

The whole experience with him from surgery to physical therapy, the hotel, exploring a bit of Germany, making new friends etc was a really positive experience.

Going alone is fun, but I wouldn’t do 4 segments at once.

just4guy

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2023, 11:58:35 AM »

hi max, I hope you're doing great. Anyway, have you written anywhere in this forum regarding the overall cost of the treatment. for sergury, hotel, post sergury treatment, etc untill u fully recover and get ur aimed height.?

if you haven't can you disclosed an estimate on that please. thanks in advance.

Rockstarz5

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2023, 08:12:19 PM »

Yes, does the Physioterapy is included in the cost or you need to paid extra?

lucindaris

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2023, 02:07:56 AM »

how much did you pay?

maxheight35

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2023, 07:52:38 AM »

hi max, I hope you're doing great. Anyway, have you written anywhere in this forum regarding the overall cost of the treatment. for sergury, hotel, post sergury treatment, etc untill u fully recover and get ur aimed height.?

if you haven't can you disclosed an estimate on that please. thanks in advance.

Around $94,000

Total cost, including first class flights to and from USA ~ Germany, hotels, takeout food, restaurants, surgery, other misc costs like room service, etc.

I could have spent much less but I spoiled myself a bit.

maxheight35

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2023, 07:53:34 AM »

Yes, does the Physioterapy is included in the cost or you need to paid extra?

It was included in the cost!

maxheight35

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2023, 07:54:46 AM »

how much did you pay?

The surgery / pt was around 56k euro

Average

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2023, 11:04:04 AM »

Hi Max,
Glad to hear it went so well.

I am having surgery in early Jan 24 with Dr Becker.  Fibia. 

My partner is coming with me.

Can you give some guidance please on what happens after Surgery in terms of accomodation at the clinic, then to the Hotel and still getting Rehab.  Thanks!

Bagga

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2023, 03:43:04 PM »

It was included in the cost!

Only for 2 weeks.
After2 weeks, you will need to pay for physo and Rehab accommodation.

Average

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2023, 10:43:53 AM »

I understand the clinic is called :  mooswaldklinikum.  I have looked it up and there are two locations in Freiburg.
One just outside of Freiburg "Healing Springs" which looks great and one in town called "Freiburg Center" which looks a bit less appealing.   Can you tell me which one it is?  Thanks

Bagga

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2023, 02:19:38 PM »

I understand the clinic is called :  mooswaldklinikum.  I have looked it up and there are two locations in Freiburg.
One just outside of Freiburg "Healing Springs" which looks great and one in town called "Freiburg Center" which looks a bit less appealing.   Can you tell me which one it is?  Thanks

Rehab Center:  https://www.mooswaldklinik.de/
Hospital : MEDEM, Platanenweg 7, 79312 Emmendingen

Rockstarz5

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2023, 02:59:58 PM »

Any idea of how much could ir cost, lets said a mounth? The official page is in german

Bagga

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2023, 04:37:09 PM »

Any idea of how much could ir cost, lets said a mounth? The official page is in german

Google translates into English.

The hotel is linked to Rehab Center: https://www.bcw-hotels.de/dorint-thermenhotel/
Under Becker's patient rate:  Room + Meals = 214Euro per night.
40 mins therapy : 100 Euro
Subject to change in 2024...i think

more

« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2023, 06:53:57 PM »

F***ing Expensive

maxheight35

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2023, 11:57:16 PM »

Hi Max,
Glad to hear it went so well.

I am having surgery in early Jan 24 with Dr Becker.  Fibia. 

My partner is coming with me.

Can you give some guidance please on what happens after Surgery in terms of accomodation at the clinic, then to the Hotel and still getting Rehab.  Thanks!

Thank you!

The Dorint hotel is the best place to stay and it’s attached to the clinic. Check the Instagram story highlight reel “LL Clinic”

maxheight35

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2023, 11:58:39 PM »

Only for 2 weeks.
After2 weeks, you will need to pay for physo and Rehab accommodation.

The extra cost for last 2 weeks was 3.6k euro, and that included the hotel room, food, physical therapy, etc.

maxheight35

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2023, 12:01:19 AM »

F***ing Expensive

Bro what? Lol

Becker with Betz nails, the Dorint hotel, the physical therapy, the emotional support assistant… you are getting top quality and literally living in the lap of luxury in Germany. No other doctor / clinic will provide this level of service for the same price (not even close)

breeze

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2023, 05:44:04 AM »

Hi maxheight. Did you reach the clinic through Zurich or Frankfurt? Was there some kind of cab service for you to travel from Zurich/Frankfurt to the Freiburg and back? I imagine taking the train after surgery would not have been an easy task.

maxheight35

« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2023, 06:38:36 AM »

Hi maxheight. Did you reach the clinic through Zurich or Frankfurt? Was there some kind of cab service for you to travel from Zurich/Frankfurt to the Freiburg and back? I imagine taking the train after surgery would not have been an easy task.

I flew in to Zurich, took an Uber Lux to Frieburg, was about 90 minute drive. When I left the clinic, Tanya (Becker’s assistant) drove me to the Zurich airport. It was nice!

breeze

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2023, 08:25:29 AM »

Thanks man. Did anyone you know get treated for osteomyletis at Becker's center? Do you think he has enough experience handling complication cases? When things go wrong is when you would need your surgeon the most.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up