Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 988 times)

hugzz123

• Visitor
Need advice
« on: October 03, 2023, 10:44:34 PM »

Hi all,
I’m 29, male, looking at doing LL next year. I’ve selected Betz Becker as my choice.

So I’m 173.4cm tall, and my wingspan is 176cm. I have a large head, so I wonder if that’s why my torso isn’t long. I’m still quite intent in remaining proportional. You think 176cm is the way to go, or would 178 be a push too far? Part of me thinks 176cm would just look v natural, and I’d feel a bit more secure in myself. My arms hang where they are meant to, and I have a 29inch inseam leg.

What do u guys think?

Thanks,
Hugzz

GrowGrow123

Re: Need advice
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 11:46:54 PM »

Doing LL for a mere 2.6 centimeters is dumb. Don't do that.

I would at least push for 179 cm if I were you and were going to do this surgery. Take it one centimeter at a time. You can stop at any point you like if you don't like where the proportion is going.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

Precise2.2

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2023, 01:41:19 AM »

My opinion just like everyone else in here, get a feel for where your body feels right. If it’s 2.6cm , 5.0 or 7.0. It’s your money, time being disabled, and going through your own individual pain. Once you lock in that decision just be assertive you made the right choice for you and your body. Remember there are many uncertainties about this surgery and how well people actually recover, people like to judge no matter what decision you make.

EndGame

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2023, 06:29:07 PM »

Best way to tell is do a mockup. I would be surprised if you couldn't pull off 5cm and look fine. As mentioned earlier, you can lengthen and observe and stop earlier than original goal of you decide you've pushed your proportions as far as you're comfortable doing. Doing LL for only 2.5cm does seems silly to me, but on the plus side you'd likely recover very quickly with such a small amount

Hldrive

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 09:18:15 PM »

hey bro, dont overthink about wingspan being few cm shorter, it looks fine

suifeng

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 08:53:53 AM »

It is normal for the wingspan to be 10cm shorter than the height

EndGame

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 11:48:29 AM »

It is normal for the wingspan to be 10cm shorter than the height
That is like 3+ standard deviations below the mean. +3-4cm is about average for males .  -10cm can look ok on some people but it's very rare anyone would be -10cm naturally
Pages: [1]   Go Up