Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I am waiting to see  (Read 1244 times)

Omar

I am waiting to see
« on: October 08, 2023, 12:55:29 PM »

I'm in the phase where I'm waiting to see if people have recovered well from ll. I follow profiles on Instagram and I sometimes consult profiles here

The Stark

• Visitor
Re: I am waiting to see
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2023, 02:16:13 PM »

If you hear me forget about it in your height you're absolutely fine with some good shoes, it's a very dangerous surgery, it's not like usual plastic surgeries or whatsoever

GrowGrow123

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2023, 08:05:02 PM »

Most people move on with their lives once they recover though. I know I’m not coming back to this forum once my nails are removed lol. You really only see people posting while their still going through the 1 year process at most.
Starting Height: 5' 9.5"
Current Height: 6' 0.5"
Wing Span: 6' 2"
Method: Precise 2.2 Femurs
Surgery Date: March 2023

Omar

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2023, 09:16:17 PM »

I'm counting on you to at least publish that you will be 100%. I hope you come back in 1 year  ;D. Otherwise in the meantime I hope the procedure will improve

youyin12

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2023, 05:59:28 AM »

If you hear me forget about it in your height you're absolutely fine with some good shoes, it's a very dangerous surgery, it's not like usual plastic surgeries or whatsoever
Why do you call it a dangerous surgery? What type of danger do you mean?

Omar

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2023, 07:38:37 PM »

it depends on several factors age, technical, length but especially doctor. if you do precise with a good doctor you have a lot of chance of success. Example : Paley+ fémur stryde = 99% succes

Kintaeryos

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 05:03:03 PM »

Same, too many uncertain factors. Every patient diary I've read had at least a few things go wrong (though they're usually fixable, I don't mean botches). And even with the "gods of LL" like Paley and Donghoon I read some somewhat shady stuff. One guy said Donghoon yelled at him for asking too many questions about his X-rays, another had Paley's nurses give him the wrong medication or something, another one had to go Donghoon to fix a complication caused by lengthening with Paley.
Plus even with these guys where you have to pay a s**tload of money there seem to be a lot of things you have to do yourself. And finally, this forum is filled with people undergoing LL asking for advice on various stuff, showing their X-rays etc. Shouldn't the doctors take care of all that? Why would you need to do research here if you've already paid for LL and are undergoing it with a good doctor? And my biggest concern: assuming everything goes as well as it can, do you recover 100% from LL or does it "haunt you for the rest of your life"?

Rockstarz5

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 06:00:38 PM »

If I do this and recover I would just forget this forum and live my life and I wanted and should be being a decent height.. so in this forum you will see people just seeiong info and bashing doctors they dont even know, the one who left most of the times is because they are living the life
Pages: [1]   Go Up