Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: grew with lon tibia in vietnam  (Read 2971 times)

Beemer m3

Re: grew with lon tibia in vietnam
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2024, 07:55:30 AM »

i was lengthening around .75 to 1.2 mm a day. on my right leg it hurt to go alot so i just stayed 1mm or a little less. if u meant how much i lengthen . i lengthen 5.5 cm

its 4 months since frame removal and i have started working again. doing deliveries. getting out of the car and walking . going up and down stairs . just helping me with physical therapy rather then stay home n walk around. not making money. getting into a lot of debt lately so i need to work . i wear a zip up jacket so it can hide my gait walk. i kind of waddle when i walk. so far its been getting alot better. i bought a door hanger to hang my back. my main new excersice is having knee bent and having my shoulders on the side of a chair. like an L position and have 15- 25 pounds dumbbells on my hip and lift up and down. then do squats with 15 pds. feels like gait really improved after that.

just my left ankle is kind of bother me its stiff and doesnt let loose . i dont have ballerina or anything. 

my knees are stiff at times and i can walk it off. but its not 100% and will not be . as i need to warm it up most times.

i get bone pain sometimes at the site where i lengthen on my right leg. i put a knee brace over it so it have less pain i guess. holds it firm.

my new height is pretty amazing. im not short and im not tall. i can fit into shoes, sum with a small lift and buy nicer jeans with a wash. i walk in public and can fit in. but i do notice people are 5'10 average and up. saw some shorter guys that are alot shorter.  saw a few friends and i notice im taller already when they were taller than me before. some already tall friend seem like they are really tall now that i think of it. i dont think if taller friends would notice u grew lol since u were already shorter than them.

definitely different than vietnam where alot of guys were shorter and it was harder to gauge how tall people really were like the western world.

if i go precice max in the future i would go 6 cm - 6.5 cm so that would be like 11.5 cm total so my wingspan is not too out of it.
i can imagine walking out of surgery or a day or 2. doing pt and walking so getting up to strength real fast. but lenghtening for 2.5 months in the middle of no where kind of sucks.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

sxxa

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2024, 12:55:07 PM »

Hi beemer, I've recently contacted Dr. Doan customer service and they told me they are not performing Illizarov anymore, only LON. Any idea why? Thank you.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Hldrive

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2024, 04:40:50 PM »

Hi beemer, I've recently contacted Dr. Doan customer service and they told me they are not performing Illizarov anymore, only LON. Any idea why? Thank you.

Maybe you can share the new pricing they have with LON?

sxxa

« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2024, 04:53:48 PM »

Maybe you can share the new pricing they have with LON?

Im gonna paste their response:

"We currently offer lengthening on the tibia using LON method. And with such method, our doctor usually advises to lengthen 6-8cm.

Here is the price plan for tibia lengthening using LON method:

STANDARD PACKAGE - OPERATION ONLY: US $15,000
Including surgeon fees, hospital fees, implant costs, nail+frame cost, analgesics, 8 nights in hospital after implantation, 2 nights in hospital after EF removal, hospital meal.

PREMIUM PACKAGE - OPERATION + ACCOMMODATION: US $15,000 +  $2,500/month accommodation
Including surgeon fees, hospital fees, implant costs, nail+frame cost, analgesics, 8 nights in hospital after implantation, 2 nights in hospital after EF removal, hospital meals + Accommodation and meals in one private room in a 2-bedroom apartment, 30 hours/month of physical therapy"

Cheers.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Beemer m3

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2024, 08:07:40 AM »

i have no clue. maybe the doctor likes the lon method. perhaps its better at walking im not sure. whatever it is dont pass up on getting this surgery. if ur 165 cm i recommend it. brings out a newer self i guess. not that much pain. if u feel pain at 5.5 cm and ur not comfortable then u should stop. the pt guys recommend 6-8 cm but i had complication on my nerves and slight ballerina didnt want to put too much pressure. the guy next to my hospital bed did 5 cm didnt go pt with them. a few forum guys did 5 cm so yeh they will say ur the only person who did 5 cm should go more. oh well. i was gone for along time too and miss my home. the caretaker there wasnt the best. so yeh precice max is out so i have to think of some how to get money for that. still another chance at lengthening. im also not young where maybe u can gain the most . my nerves was hitting n yeh. i heard if u did precice 2.2 u wont have much nerve irritation.
i feel like those chinese guys that does leg lengthening in secret lol. u never know who does it and they're all tall now.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Beemer m3

« Reply #36 on: April 14, 2024, 07:47:17 AM »

jus want to share my experience today meeting with friends. we had a party today and we were in the house and i was barefoot notice my friends still taller than me. maybe by 1 or 2 inches. not by much still didnt accomplish my goal. i guess these guys were really tall from the beginning. im like 5'7 barefoot but my back slouches a bit n my friends are maybe 5'8 and 5'9. so if i get my 2nd surgery i will be 5'10 or 178cm . with a 6.5 cm gain. i guess i wont be 6 ft and tower over ppl but just live a normal life after my 2nd surgery.
there were few a friends that knew but i quickly dodged it. didnt want to let everyone know. its better to have it a secret like what i been hearing on the forums.

i need to save like 25k for a home to stay for 3 months and pay my car bills during the time. a couple months of food. withdraw like 75k from my accts.
i feel like my bones are fully consolidated while i was smoking marijuana concentrates. so i did the unthinkable lol.
plan to remove my nails next summer when things are hot. a little vacay. from there decide if i want to do it before summer or after summer for my 2nd surgery.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

jbfjbj4

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2024, 06:28:11 PM »

Stuff like this definitely makes me tempted to go back for a 2nd round myself. Started 171, now 180, could do a supposedly easy 5cm to get up to a near perfect height of 185. $15,000 is absolutely peanuts for this sort of thing.

Everyone there seemed pretty OK and happy? I live in Vietnam (although I'm not Vietnamese, and it's Saigon, not Hanoi) and have never had any issue with any medical stuff here although I've only ever needed to go for minor things.

markr09

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2024, 10:41:23 PM »

dr doan in vietnam hanoi. cost was 25k for everything for 4 month stay. add like $60 per day or something like that.
Pretty reasonable. How much was your total cost including extra days/medical bills/PT/etc? How was your experience in the the hospital, was it clean and did you stay the whole 4 months as an in-patient or did you stay in another place? Did you also do PT there and did they provide one going to help you do PT for you?

I'm worried on the language barrier esp with the PT. The doctors should be competent enough to talk to though right?
i was lengthening around .75 to 1.2 mm a day. on my right leg it hurt to go alot so i just stayed 1mm or a little less. if u meant how much i lengthen . i lengthen 5.5 cm

its 4 months since frame removal and i have started working again. doing deliveries. getting out of the car and walking . going up and down stairs . just helping me with physical therapy rather then stay home n walk around. not making money. getting into a lot of debt lately so i need to work . i wear a zip up jacket so it can hide my gait walk. i kind of waddle when i walk. so far its been getting alot better. i bought a door hanger to hang my back. my main new excersice is having knee bent and having my shoulders on the side of a chair. like an L position and have 15- 25 pounds dumbbells on my hip and lift up and down. then do squats with 15 pds. feels like gait really improved after that.

just my left ankle is kind of bother me its stiff and doesnt let loose . i dont have ballerina or anything. 

my knees are stiff at times and i can walk it off. but its not 100% and will not be . as i need to warm it up most times.

i get bone pain sometimes at the site where i lengthen on my right leg. i put a knee brace over it so it have less pain i guess. holds it firm.

my new height is pretty amazing. im not short and im not tall. i can fit into shoes, sum with a small lift and buy nicer jeans with a wash. i walk in public and can fit in. but i do notice people are 5'10 average and up. saw some shorter guys that are alot shorter.  saw a few friends and i notice im taller already when they were taller than me before. some already tall friend seem like they are really tall now that i think of it. i dont think if taller friends would notice u grew lol since u were already shorter than them.

definitely different than vietnam where alot of guys were shorter and it was harder to gauge how tall people really were like the western world.

if i go precice max in the future i would go 6 cm - 6.5 cm so that would be like 11.5 cm total so my wingspan is not too out of it.
i can imagine walking out of surgery or a day or 2. doing pt and walking so getting up to strength real fast. but lenghtening for 2.5 months in the middle of no where kind of sucks.
Could you have done .75mm daily for soft tissue to catch up or was there a risk of premature union? I'm considering at a slower phase as much as possible once I do this primarily for the soft tissue.
Im gonna paste their response:

"We currently offer lengthening on the tibia using LON method. And with such method, our doctor usually advises to lengthen 6-8cm.

Here is the price plan for tibia lengthening using LON method:

STANDARD PACKAGE - OPERATION ONLY: US $15,000
Including surgeon fees, hospital fees, implant costs, nail+frame cost, analgesics, 8 nights in hospital after implantation, 2 nights in hospital after EF removal, hospital meal.

PREMIUM PACKAGE - OPERATION + ACCOMMODATION: US $15,000 +  $2,500/month accommodation
Including surgeon fees, hospital fees, implant costs, nail+frame cost, analgesics, 8 nights in hospital after implantation, 2 nights in hospital after EF removal, hospital meals + Accommodation and meals in one private room in a 2-bedroom apartment, 30 hours/month of physical therapy"

Cheers.
So they only do LON for now huh. I don't plan on tibias myself atm since I already have long tibias and it'll look weird af to have tibias longer than femurs, but this may be a good option if I consider double bilateral in the future. What hospital is this btw, I want to look it up for myself.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

Beemer m3

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2024, 08:25:39 AM »

the hospital was pretty good. everything is detailed and organize. i stayed an extra day because they had mainly grl staff and they were nice. u get released from the hospital after a week and stay at an apartment complex. its high end. i dont think my doctor do femur lon . he only specializes in tibia lengthening. u can go for .75 mm . i did 2 months lengthening and 40 days recovery. no extra cost besides taxi and a little food because i couldnt eat some of the food at times. they had a Canadian guy at the time did like 8cm on his tibias. using google translate most times. it gets boring if u cant speak to them lol. he stayed like 5 to 6 months i think he wasnt in a rush. as i was rushing because i missed america at times lol and i couldnt pay some bills with the text verification things. oh well im going back for nail removal and it cost like 3k .
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

markr09

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2024, 02:07:57 AM »

the hospital was pretty good. everything is detailed and organize. i stayed an extra day because they had mainly grl staff and they were nice. u get released from the hospital after a week and stay at an apartment complex. its high end. i dont think my doctor do femur lon . he only specializes in tibia lengthening. u can go for .75 mm . i did 2 months lengthening and 40 days recovery. no extra cost besides taxi and a little food because i couldnt eat some of the food at times. they had a Canadian guy at the time did like 8cm on his tibias. using google translate most times. it gets boring if u cant speak to them lol. he stayed like 5 to 6 months i think he wasnt in a rush. as i was rushing because i missed america at times lol and i couldnt pay some bills with the text verification things. oh well im going back for nail removal and it cost like 3k .
Thanks for the reply. Can you give me the name of the hospital you had your surgery? I also wouldn't mind staying longer personally.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

Beemer m3

« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2024, 08:48:58 AM »

i think the hospital name was bac ha hospital. its been awhile i need to search it up.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

ekero

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2024, 05:42:23 PM »

Hey thanks for sharing your experince.
I have also seriously started to consider this option with Dr Doan  in Vietnam. I have talked to him about standard package and then finding accomodation myself. He says there is no problem to get nurses and pt to visit me if i live close by. So i think this will save my alot of money since they living and renting costs are so low.

I want to increase 5.5cm so that means 55 day + 2 months recovery. Does that sound enough? You see, i work in a food market so its not super physically demanding but still i need to be active with my legs back adn forth. I hope 2 months is good, otherwise i´ll add one more month :)

ekero

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: April 20, 2024, 01:34:18 PM »

i think the hospital name was bac ha hospital. its been awhile i need to search it up.
I should have quoted you on the message above but forgot :)

Beemer m3

« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2024, 06:52:43 AM »

Hey thanks for sharing your experince.
I have also seriously started to consider this option with Dr Doan  in Vietnam. I have talked to him about standard package and then finding accomodation myself. He says there is no problem to get nurses and pt to visit me if i live close by. So i think this will save my alot of money since they living and renting costs are so low.

I want to increase 5.5cm so that means 55 day + 2 months recovery. Does that sound enough? You see, i work in a food market so its not super physically demanding but still i need to be active with my legs back adn forth. I hope 2 months is good, otherwise i´ll add one more month :)

are u living in vn? i was a foreigner so i didnt know much. they wash ur clothes for u. bring food to u. take u to take xray with grab taxi. u have to go back n forth in a car. sometimes its demanding. u can ask grab to get food for u too. but have to meet them outside. i felt 2 months of recovery was ok. but 3.5 months and i was ready to work. walking wobbly but yeh. 2 months u wound still be on crutches if u plan to work like 8 hrs a day. i mean 2 month of recovery people do it because they were young. im not that young.

as for my legs i can do a full squat. i feel my knee buckling but if i have a knee brace it would help. i hope it goes away over time.  when im lifting one leg up the air i cant do a 90 degree. its pretty bent when i lift my leg. no clue how i can fix that. its like 35 degrees from being straight. i probably need more elasticity in my knees.
morning leg stiffness still exist. my left foot still needs to be stretched out . but im not tip toeing. 5.5 months now.
i can feel the burn on my foot when im stepping down stairs. like its not fully stretched. maybe like 4 months it will be fully stretched and i can run down stairs. running i cant do that yet.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

ekero

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2024, 10:56:41 AM »

are u living in vn? i was a foreigner so i didnt know much. they wash ur clothes for u. bring food to u. take u to take xray with grab taxi. u have to go back n forth in a car. sometimes its demanding. u can ask grab to get food for u too. but have to meet them outside. i felt 2 months of recovery was ok. but 3.5 months and i was ready to work. walking wobbly but yeh. 2 months u wound still be on crutches if u plan to work like 8 hrs a day. i mean 2 month of recovery people do it because they were young. im not that young.

I live in Sweden bro. Im 169 looking for 5.5cm. Im willing to spend as much time needed so i dont come back with a visible walk/pain that will hinder me from working and also avoiding suspicion from people lol.  Ok, So you are saying its taxing to go in and out your home for different services? Well i would rather do the extra effort than to pay 2500$/month for their hospital Accomod. which i think is a ridicilous overprice especially considering how long i intent to stay. Im not rich trust me. Did the nurses come to your own apartment or did u have to go to hospital? Did you also have girl companion or something like this? ;)

Im gonna be around 36 years old when i do this surgery so im no spring chicken either lol. Ive seen people 40+ doing this so im not that worried, but i understand its gonna be taxing. Ok so 3,5 month in total and you could walk normal (with little wobble)? That not too bad, so we are talking lengtheningphase + 3,5 month or is it 3,5 total?

as for my legs i can do a full squat. i feel my knee buckling but if i have a knee brace it would help. i hope it goes away over time.  when im lifting one leg up the air i cant do a 90 degree. its pretty bent when i lift my leg. no clue how i can fix that. its like 35 degrees from being straight. i probably need more elasticity in my knees.
morning leg stiffness still exist. my left foot still needs to be stretched out . but im not tip toeing. 5.5 months now.
i can feel the burn on my foot when im stepping down stairs. like its not fully stretched. maybe like 4 months it will be fully stretched and i can run down stairs. running i cant do that yet.

Its very interesting what you say about your current status. How much PT you do now? Howw much walking? Could you share videos please? It would be very helpful thank you!

Beemer m3

« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2024, 05:11:00 PM »

It was lengthening phase + 3.5 months. I was at the apartments they had. The caretaker lives across the building walks by n does her stuff. The pin cleaner and pt comes by every other day by moped. I went to the hospital like once a month to take xrays that's a out It. They bring u breakfast lunch n dinner if ur thinking of staying there. I'm not sure if there willing to travel to u. The caretakers but the pt guys will cus there mobile.
I don't do much pt now. I'm just walking everyday at work like 0.8 miles everyday. My work is my pt cus I walk up stairs n move all over the place. So yeh I recommend it at 169 cm. Life changes . The doctor does alot of home patients daily. Patients that goes home n don't need accommodation but uses pt on side.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

ekero

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2024, 07:33:33 AM »

It was lengthening phase + 3.5 months. I was at the apartments they had. The caretaker lives across the building walks by n does her stuff. The pin cleaner and pt comes by every other day by moped. I went to the hospital like once a month to take xrays that's a out It. They bring u breakfast lunch n dinner if ur thinking of staying there. I'm not sure if there willing to travel to u. The caretakers but the pt guys will cus there mobile.
I don't do much pt now. I'm just walking everyday at work like 0.8 miles everyday. My work is my pt cus I walk up stairs n move all over the place. So yeh I recommend it at 169 cm. Life changes . The doctor does alot of home patients daily. Patients that goes home n don't need accommodation but uses pt on side.
Bro this sounds amazing. I have to check only if he can make so the caretaker can come to my place, because how else can i change bandage and clean the pins? So maybe ill have to pay extra for home visit which is ok for me since i dont think it will be that expensive hopefully.

So u where there for about 5.5 months och so 1 month/cm lol. Not too bad. Do u wish u stayed there longer? Maybe 6 months?

I work in foodmarket so i will move all day and sometimes maybe lift some thing that might be medium heavy but that is rare. I work out in gym about 3 times/week and do heavy lifting especially on squats and deadlift. Do u workout since operation?

Man i look so much forward for it. I just need to save up aproximately 200k... and then my life will change i think. My legs are too short lol and its a missing link because im quite successful now but it kinda ruins the whole package when u walk around like a oompa loompa short legged freak! Its like people subconciously dont buy your confidence and they dont take u as a authority, especially when they are taller than u  LOL.

Do u have any video u can share bro? Like walking/running? thanks alot!

Beemer m3

« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2024, 08:53:10 AM »

i stayed in vietnam for 3 months and went back to the states after and train after that. the grl can go change ur pins n stuff cus shes  mobile but the care taker is different. they do food runs and clean ur clothes. i wish i had stayed longer because it was cheap to eat over there. i had alot of bills i needed to pay that i couldnt pay overseas because my fone needed to verify by text. i couldnt do that. u also need a visa for a 6 month stay. i also miss my home. sometimes it was just too boring.
i dont have any videos. just writing a story not a youtber or anything. my leg looks alot longer than before which is a plus. i watch alot of nba players leg and there really long sometimes i want that lol. but 5.5 cm is enough growth. because i couldnt take the pain at the time.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up