Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Would LL be worth it for someone like me? Any opinions?  (Read 1146 times)

jessedev

• Visitor
Would LL be worth it for someone like me? Any opinions?
« on: January 14, 2024, 01:50:33 AM »

So I'm 5'6.5" ( 168 cm ), in my 30s and I live in Asia.

I'm at a stage in life where I'm just bored. I'm not suicidal in any way so please don't misunderstand me but like I have a great career in tech that's full remote, it pays well, I live alone, I have dated in the past, gotten into year long relationships and honestly it's not for me... maybe in the future I'll date again but not now or in the next 5 years.

I also have a *crappy family that abused me growing up so I don't talk to them much.

So here's my question,

I don't quite know how to explain this but for the last 5 years or so, I've been pretty much going through the motions in life, like I just go around and do my stuff. I'm not mentally ill or anything, I grew up and hung out with lots of friends, we did lots of activities together but I just got bored of doing all of that. I'm like kind of bored of how I look lol this might sound stupid but I've been 5'6 my whole life, I'm looking to change that, I'm also bored as hell living in this same country with the same people.

I was thinking I could do LL, get some work done on my face and start my life over in a brand new country... I'm lucky in the sense that I was born in a different country so I can get permanent residency in that country fairly easily. I don't know anyone from that country so no one would ever know I got anything done.

What do you think? Am I stupid for this? I am just so bored and sick of the same crap everyday, trust me I've tried changing things up, I just end up getting bored. In other words, I want to do LL just because I think it'll be fun seeing life from a whole different POV ( 8-10 CM taller lmao ) and in a brand new country where I don't have to worry about anyone ever finding out... I might get bored of this eventually but hey, at least I'm taller lol. Like am I stupid? I genuinely have nothing else to do, not interested in having kids or a family... I could buy a nice car but I suck at driving, I could buy a big house but damn, living alone in a big house sounds depressing af. I rather use the money I have to improve my physical attributes.

Also yes I do go to the gym, not a bodybuilder but been lifting for 8+ years, I know how to diet, cal in vs cal out, PPL / strongman splits etc. I'm currently around 11% bf. I'm at my genetic limit and even if I wasn't, being big at 5'6 just looks goofy.

jessedev

• Visitor
Re: Would LL be worth it for someone like me? Any opinions?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2024, 01:51:34 AM »

Ok apparently my words got censored, "crappy" family and "do my crap / thing". Sorry about that, was not aware.

Edit: Ok didn't know I could edit my post... lmao oops

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2024, 06:02:44 AM »

I would say do CLL only when you really really want the extra height. Otherwise don't do it.

shortking

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2024, 07:01:52 PM »

My first post on this forum: I'm actually in a similar boat. 5'6 and financially successful. While I'm confident in who I am and not insecure (I'm 39yr), part of me wonders if being just a couple of inches taller could open up new opportunities with strangers or connections with women and if I can obtain a different set of results in life if I was a mere two inches taller.

I think we feel that we've maxed out or reached out goals in everything in life that we have control of finance, personality, etc. except height which outside of surgery is outside of our control, and height is tied to identity. I think were suffering from some sort of identity issue where we think if we were taller life would be richer?

Richer, not in the sense of financially speaking, but higher chance of connections with women and more respect (perhaps admiration) from people? Perhaps the journey lies in fully embracing who we are, strengths and perceived limitations alike, and living with purpose and confidence regardless of height. I dont really know.

Torbjorn

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2024, 12:27:47 PM »

Quite interesting. I am in the same situation (height, finances, age) and I am also considering this operation. The thing is, I was in a long and happy relationship before... unfortunately, it didn't end well, and while I became now extremely self aware of my body (and my vertical limitations!), this is something I couldn't care less while I was in that relationship. For sure, I have never been happy with my height being 168cm, but for the past few years LLS has become an obsession.

Considering the risk associated with LLS and my morphology, going beyond +8cm wouldn't be wise, and that would require 2 surgeries to keep best proportion and athleticism. Which brings me to the money topic... is it really worth spending 150kUSD for that type of surgery?
I would become 176cm which is quite average and decent height for dating as I would become taller than 90% of women.
This said, being 40 years old now, the surgery & recovery would typically screw 1 to 1,5 years of my existence. While being 176cm would be fantastic, I know a fulfilling relationship can bring much more than that. Starting a family and having children would completely change one perception too, provided that this project makes sense for your life. After all 168cm is short for a man, but not sick short as well.

Intermediate option is doing only +4cm on tibia as I have moderate bowleg (that I hate)... but there again, the recovery process is still long and I would only end up being 172cm... so much suffering for this? Would that make me happy... if I could teleport into that new body, I would do it in a heart beat, but going through the pain and long recovery give me the impression that perhaps I could do something more meaningful in my life. I cannot make up my mind on this, but this height issue is a burden.

DonBones

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2024, 05:33:31 PM »

Quite interesting. I am in the same situation (height, finances, age) and I am also considering this operation. The thing is, I was in a long and happy relationship before... unfortunately, it didn't end well, and while I became now extremely self aware of my body (and my vertical limitations!), this is something I couldn't care less while I was in that relationship. For sure, I have never been happy with my height being 168cm, but for the past few years LLS has become an obsession.

Considering the risk associated with LLS and my morphology, going beyond +8cm wouldn't be wise, and that would require 2 surgeries to keep best proportion and athleticism. Which brings me to the money topic... is it really worth spending 150kUSD for that type of surgery?
I would become 176cm which is quite average and decent height for dating as I would become taller than 90% of women.
This said, being 40 years old now, the surgery & recovery would typically screw 1 to 1,5 years of my existence. While being 176cm would be fantastic, I know a fulfilling relationship can bring much more than that. Starting a family and having children would completely change one perception too, provided that this project makes sense for your life. After all 168cm is short for a man, but not sick short as well.

Intermediate option is doing only +4cm on tibia as I have moderate bowleg (that I hate)... but there again, the recovery process is still long and I would only end up being 172cm... so much suffering for this? Would that make me happy... if I could teleport into that new body, I would do it in a heart beat, but going through the pain and long recovery give me the impression that perhaps I could do something more meaningful in my life. I cannot make up my mind on this, but this height issue is a burden.

At 40 I would say 1 to 1.5 years until you can walk more or less normally, with the nails still in and pain still present. Recovering fully will take a fair bit longer, for sure.

I would say if you have doubts, then don't do it. This sort of thing you can do only if you're 110% behind.
First Surgery - Prof Betz - 28th July 2021 🇩🇪
Nail Removal - Dr Becker - 13th December 2023 🇩🇪
Lengthened: 5.00cm
Height: 180cm
Current Phase: Post Nail-Removal Adaptation

doge

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 03:57:11 AM »

... full remote ... I live alone ... 5 years or so, I've been pretty much going through the motions in life, ... bored ... bored ... bored ...

So for years you have voluntarily self-isolated yourself away from any friends, family, or coworkers, by living alone and working in a job where you sit still and push buttons all day, and you wonder by you have lost all social skills, are lonely, bored, miserable, slowly decaying away, wondering why your life has absolutely no meaning. No purpose.
And you're seeking a magic pill to fix the damage that you've self inflected over many years.

I think you're a fish in a dirty fish tank, slowly breathing in toxic algae that tastes sweet. But the algae has clouded your judgement, so now, to fix it, you think that it would be easier to spend a small fortune on putting chemicals into the water, rather than doing the obvious solution of cleaning the damn fish-tank.

If I were you, I would get out of your comfort zone. Get a roommate. Ditch the remote tech job, and get a job that you actually think does good in the world and has human interaction. A job that you believe has purpose and meaning; Helping animals (veterinarian, veterinarian-technician, dog-walker, zoo-keeper), helping people (nurse, firefighter, teacher), charity work, (or depending on your opinions perhaps even military service), etc.
Some job that you look at and you think "those are good people".

When you become old and ugly, your code will mean nothing. Your apps will be deprecated. Your scripts will be obsolete.
A nurse will look back and say "I helped thousands of people, and I saved hundreds of lives".
Whom do you think is happier?

Ted68

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 12:12:18 PM »

So I'm 5'6.5" ( 168 cm ), in my 30s and I live in Asia.

I'm at a stage in life where I'm just bored. I'm not suicidal in any way so please don't misunderstand me but like I have a great career in tech that's full remote, it pays well, I live alone, I have dated in the past, gotten into year long relationships and honestly it's not for me... maybe in the future I'll date again but not now or in the next 5 years.

I also have a *crappy family that abused me growing up so I don't talk to them much.

So here's my question,

I don't quite know how to explain this but for the last 5 years or so, I've been pretty much going through the motions in life, like I just go around and do my stuff. I'm not mentally ill or anything, I grew up and hung out with lots of friends, we did lots of activities together but I just got bored of doing all of that. I'm like kind of bored of how I look lol this might sound stupid but I've been 5'6 my whole life, I'm looking to change that, I'm also bored as hell living in this same country with the same people.

I was thinking I could do LL, get some work done on my face and start my life over in a brand new country... I'm lucky in the sense that I was born in a different country so I can get permanent residency in that country fairly easily. I don't know anyone from that country so no one would ever know I got anything done.

What do you think? Am I stupid for this? I am just so bored and sick of the same crap everyday, trust me I've tried changing things up, I just end up getting bored. In other words, I want to do LL just because I think it'll be fun seeing life from a whole different POV ( 8-10 CM taller lmao ) and in a brand new country where I don't have to worry about anyone ever finding out... I might get bored of this eventually but hey, at least I'm taller lol. Like am I stupid? I genuinely have nothing else to do, not interested in having kids or a family... I could buy a nice car but I suck at driving, I could buy a big house but damn, living alone in a big house sounds depressing af. I rather use the money I have to improve my physical attributes.

Also yes I do go to the gym, not a bodybuilder but been lifting for 8+ years, I know how to diet, cal in vs cal out, PPL / strongman splits etc. I'm currently around 11% bf. I'm at my genetic limit and even if I wasn't, being big at 5'6 just looks goofy.

Hi, man.
You say you are not mental ill… but you have few symptoms of depressing !
All my life I was 5.6-5.7, but I NEVER been bored with life.

I keep away of people because I don’t like 90% of people, but I am very social when I want and when I like the people.

Regarding women, I had solid relations, based only on love and I also been married.

So, first of all you must check your mental and try to find a way to be happy with yourself, and then to decide to do LL. Because it’s a tough thing !

Regarding moving to a different country “because you are bored”… that makes me think of childish behavior !... As long your life is not threatened… stay where you are !
Because you will finally get bored everywhere, US, Canada, Australia or Argentina, much more bored than you are in your native country, believe me !

So, first love yourself, be well with your body and ONLY then do big changes in your life !

You’re welcome !

AllinStryde

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 09:03:18 PM »

Don't get CLL because you're "bored."  Do it because you have height dysphoria.  You think you bored now??  Try sitting in a wheelchair for 3-4 months while lengthening and living out of a hotel room and trying to keep this all a secret from friends and family...That will get boring real quick.  And yes, I've done it, so I do know. 

tempthrowaway

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 09:08:43 PM »

Don't get CLL because you're "bored."  Do it because you have height dysphoria.  You think you bored now??  Try sitting in a wheelchair for 3-4 months while lengthening and living out of a hotel room and trying to keep this all a secret from friends and family...That will get boring real quick.  And yes, I've done it, so I do know. 

You just described exactly what I'm about to go through except my mom knows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up