Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Save a big money to undergo a limb lengthening surgery in the US?  (Read 1111 times)

Silencegoa

• Visitor

Hello, I am a 22 years old guy from outside the states. I myself am 171/172cm barefoot and wear 2.5 inch shoe lifts to make me appear like a 176-177cm guy everytime I leave my place.

Anyway, I’ve realized that I can't wear shoe lifts forever. I mean every time I take off my shoes, I am facing reality again..Also, as you guys know, young people are getting taller almost everywhere and the average height in North America and most European countries for guy around my age (under 30) last time I checked is literally 177-180cm (hence, I'm not even talking about Holland and some Scandinavian countries where young guys are 182-184cm on average)

With that said though, even I have an ambition and good financial security, I still feel like girls would still ignore me for taller guys barefoot.

Now, I really want to save a big money for undergo two separate bilateral (femur+tibia) lengthening in the US which would bring me to maxed 181-182cm. While 181-182cm is still not that tall by Western standard, it's literally a solid height for a young guy almost everywhere in the West (again, save Holland). Oh, I almost forget to mention that I choose the US due to its good reputation for this kind of surgery (ex. Dr. Paley from Florida and Dr. Rozbruch from New York).

So, my question is, should I save a big money for this surgery? Is it worth it for guys my height? Thanks in advance.
Goal: (181cm-182cm) almost 6'0" barefoot with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening.

Researching limb lengthening.

babygirl

Re: Save a big money to undergo a limb lengthening surgery in the US?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 11:08:48 AM »

People aren't getting taller, they're just lying more or wearing insoles, or using their shoe height.
The average has been stable for 30 years because the quality of life peaked, and humans aren't getting hormones in their food hopefully.

I always hear, the young are getting taller, but unless you're 50yo, you wouldn't notice nothing.

It's like saying 6in is the average penis size, when 6in is the average lying size. Doctors say otherwise.
1.84m. | That's 6' and ½ inch.
Researching limb shortening.

Temoc

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 01:19:07 PM »

Height in European countries and among White Americans peaked at 178-180. It will probably stay there excluding massive use of HGH or artificial genetic selection. Conscription data from Sweden shows the average height there is 179, it's 180 in Germany. It has been the same since the late 90s. The Netherlands is possibly taller but it's a small country and there is no large scale data from there.

If you have the money, Paley is probably the gold standard for LL and completely worth it. He will do up to 8cms on the femurs and 5 on the tibias. 8 on the femurs would put you right at the average.

EndGame

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 01:27:15 PM »

People aren't getting taller, they're just lying more or wearing insoles, or using their shoe height.
The average has been stable for 30 years because the quality of life peaked, and humans aren't getting hormones in their food hopefully.

I always hear, the young are getting taller, but unless you're 50yo, you wouldn't notice nothing.

It's like saying 6in is the average penis size, when 6in is the average lying size. Doctors say otherwise.
You are correct. Part of why younger folks often think their generation is much taller is that starting around age 40 people tend to slowly lose height. It's roughly 1cm per decade. Hence, even though senior citizens were the same height in their 20s as current folks in their 20s, they have had compression of disks in spine, hip and knees lose the cartilage between them (that's why people end up getting things like hip replacement surgery in their golden years). So technically young men are 1-2" taller than old men, it's because of the aging process, not because the younger generation is actually taller if it were a fair height at age 20 comparison. The 5'8" dude at the old folks home was 5'10" when young just like the current young men who are 5'10" currently in their 20s.

Silencegoa

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 02:41:36 PM »

Well, I am worried about body proportions too since I've seen some dudes who did only the femurs and they look a bit weird..
Goal: (181cm-182cm) almost 6'0" barefoot with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening.

Acemace86

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 04:20:27 PM »

If you do 10-12cm on femurs you will look weird

Temoc

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2024, 08:17:20 PM »

You are correct. Part of why younger folks often think their generation is much taller is that starting around age 40 people tend to slowly lose height. It's roughly 1cm per decade. Hence, even though senior citizens were the same height in their 20s as current folks in their 20s, they have had compression of disks in spine, hip and knees lose the cartilage between them (that's why people end up getting things like hip replacement surgery in their golden years). So technically young men are 1-2" taller than old men, it's because of the aging process, not because the younger generation is actually taller if it were a fair height at age 20 comparison. The 5'8" dude at the old folks home was 5'10" when young just like the current young men who are 5'10" currently in their 20s.

There is conscription data from European countries since the 19th century. The average height went from 165cms to 180cms. Mostly due to better nutrition and less childhood diseases.

babygirl

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2024, 08:26:48 PM »

There is conscription data from European countries since the 19th century. The average height went from 165cms to 180cms. Mostly due to better nutrition and less childhood diseases.

You're right, but that's selective, not average. Most people in Nordic countries state their height with shoes on or whatever the one writing eyeballs. 177 is probably the average before adding whatever air Jordan these young ones wear.

I know it happens lol, because I'm listed as taller than I am in my passport.
1.84m. | That's 6' and ½ inch.
Researching limb shortening.

EndGame

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2024, 11:15:46 PM »

Yes, and in the middle ages people were even shorter lol. You're still completely wrong about heights increasing almost everywhere. Past few decades almost no change in most first world countries. You're one of countless zoomers always making up this same nonsense.

Silencegoa

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2024, 01:28:38 PM »

If you do 10-12cm on femurs you will look weird

Nope, some dudes did 8 cm maxed on femurs and as I said their proportions look so obvious weird, esp. when they wear swimming short..

Temoc

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2024, 01:39:45 PM »

You're right, but that's selective, not average. Most people in Nordic countries state their height with shoes on or whatever the one writing eyeballs. 177 is probably the average before adding whatever air Jordan these young ones wear.

I know it happens lol, because I'm listed as taller than I am in my passport.
I think conscription is pretty universal and people are measured barefoot. 179cms is pretty much what I think is the average for young ethnic Swedes, Germans etc. Probably a bit taller in certain regions.
Yes, and in the middle ages people were even shorter lol. You're still completely wrong about heights increasing almost everywhere. Past few decades almost no change in most first world countries. You're one of countless zoomers always making up this same nonsense.
I'm not saying that at all? In most Western countries people already reached their max heights, in some countries it's for people born in the 70s, in others in the 80s. Immigrants and poorer countries are still growing as they develop. Still, that's a good 3-5cms taller than people born in the 40s or 50s, and not due to old people shrinking.

Acemace86

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2024, 01:47:50 PM »

And some look totally fine

Silencegoa

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2024, 02:30:42 PM »

In most Western countries people already reached their max heights, in some countries it's for people born in the 70s, in others in the 80s. Immigrants and poorer countries are still growing as they develop. Still, that's a good 3-5cms taller than people born in the 40s or 50s, and not due to old people shrinking.

Correct, Spaniards and Italians from Southern Euro went from being the shortest people in Europe to alomst on par with the British, Irish, and French since the 90s.

Silencegoa

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2024, 02:32:11 PM »

And some look totally fine

True, but doing both femur and tibia still guarantee normal proportions imo.

wantingtobetaller

« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2024, 08:50:51 PM »

You already sound like a person with height dysphoria.

Why I know that? because I have height dysphoria

and I always wear lifts to look like a 6 feet person outside (I am 177 cm).

I absolutely hate and try to avoid much as possible to not take off my shoes.

Person with height dysphoria IMO should get the surgery done regardless of how much it cost.

AllinStryde

« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2024, 09:51:32 PM »

Why is everyone trying to get to 6 feet?  Is it because that's what women want?  You hear a lot of guys trumpeting the 6 foot goal... and I'm "doing CLL for myself."  That's fine and all, but if it is NOT for dating as all these dudes claim, then why the 6 foot obsession??  Seems rather coincidental that "muh 6 feet" goal matches what women are saying is the minimum acceptable height.  But guys will still say, "doing it for me."  Let's ... just stop.

Silencegoa

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2024, 05:02:21 PM »

Well, I have always seen both short and tall young women with 6'0"+ dudes all the time and it's not just the case for the US/Canada.

TheDream

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2024, 05:17:40 PM »

Well if your focus is women for a long term relationship having to save up for LL would make it difficult to afford a down payment on a house or apartment. Especially if you choose the US which will be around 100k per segment all expenses taken into account.

So while it is more difficult to attract a girl while 172 cm it might be even harder to get to the point of having a family with your own house or apartment if you spend the savings on dual LL in the states.

Depending on your income level and finances of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up