Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dre's 10cm Bilateral Limb Lengthening Journey  (Read 636 times)

Dre42

• Visitor
Dre's 10cm Bilateral Limb Lengthening Journey
« on: January 16, 2024, 09:52:07 PM »

Last week I flew to Baltimore, USA and had a consultation with Dr. Assayag in regards to me getting limb lengthening to achieve a height gain of 10cm. I'm starting this diary thread to chronicle my journey with limb lengthening. 

HEIGHT: 5'5" / 164cm
GOAL HEIGHT: 5'9" / 174cm 
WINGSPAN: 68" / 173cm
WEIGHT: 165lbs / 75kg

WHEN: January 01, 2025

WHY: I have been suffering with height dysphoria all my life. I think about my short stature at least 20 times per day, on average. I have been blessed with an amazing life and a strong body and my results in dating and business have been decent, but I have always suffered from the never ending stream of negative thoughts in regards to my stature. It has been affecting my confidence and self esteem. In teen years it was a precursor to a heavy depressive episode. I hope this surgery will help alleviate my symptoms of height dysphoria and ease the psychological burden I experience as a man of short stature.

HOW: I saved up about $70k. Surgery costs $150k. I will take out an a $80k medical loan (I have good credit). I decided to do the surgery in the states with Precise 2.2 technology to minimize risk. They way I see it--your health is not something you want to gamble with to save a dollar.

FLEXIBILITY: AVERAGE
I can reach the toes with my middle finger when standing up, knees straight. I cannot do a split. I can make a 90 degree angle with one leg fully raised when laying down.

HEALTH: ABOVE AVERAGE
I work out regularly and am zealous about proper diet. I've started to modify my workouts recently to put more emphasis on legs strength and flexibility training to better prepare my body for this surgery.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dZDKGoGteUVuCTtB2bxUeLd9RkCD2HPO/view?usp=sharing

WHOM I TOLD: I told my mother, my grandmother, and my best friend. They all initially began to fiercely try to talk me out of this surgery, but once they saw my resolve they eventually accepted this surgery as inevitable. I feel confident I can rely on them for social support pre, during, and post surgery.

MEDICAL HISOTRY: No prior surgeries. Never broken a bone. Pretty healthy across the board, however, I do struggle with elevated blood pressure, which I'm trying to get under control at the moment. I don't smoke and regularly exercise so the cause for it may be American food and genetics. I'm considering taking statins for a short duration to better prepare my cardiovascular system for this surgery (will be consulting my primary care physician about this soon).

Overall I'm very excited to do this surgery. I know it will be hell but I'm prepared to work hard and do all that is in my power to grow. I think we live in a miraculous age of medicine where things like this are possible.

~Dre

31, M
Current Height: 5'5''
Target Height: 5'9''

Body Builder

Re: Dre's 10cm Bilateral Limb Lengthening Journey
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2024, 10:12:11 PM »

First of all good luck. If everything goes fine you will feel like another person with your new height.

But somethimg that I didn't understand. How are going to lengthen up to 10cm with precise 2.2? It's limit is 8cm.
After all 10cm in one segment is a very bad idea but I would like to understand better. Will you do bisegment LL?

Beemer m3

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2024, 01:52:42 AM »

if u watch live life taller videos on youtube there are alot of guys doing 9-10 cm femur with lon. they got everything set up for u if u want the 10 cm. a lot of people say its risky because of the lon method . but 10 cm only that or becker betz bone in germany. ur rom will suffer alot but its something u wouldnt sacrifice for 10cm.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

Ted68

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2024, 12:02:57 PM »

Dre42...
Just clear yourself...
You want to gain 10 cm, or somebody told you that ?
You want 6 cm on femur and 4 cm on tibia, or what ?
If you want 10 only on femur is very risky and almost impossible for you.
Doing Precice 2 as quad, you can gain 14 cm, which is very logic... but you say you will gain only 10 cm... so, its something wrong in your statement.

Dre42

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2024, 01:12:05 AM »

I'm thinking of doing 6 cm of femurs and 4 cm on tibia, which is what doc recommended. If I respond well I may even consider pushing it to 11cm total
31, M
Current Height: 5'5''
Target Height: 5'9''

Ted68

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2024, 06:33:35 AM »

I'm thinking of doing 6 cm of femurs and 4 cm on tibia, which is what doc recommended. If I respond well I may even consider pushing it to 11cm total
Man, your goal is 5 inches !... So every day to the surgery day and over you must think like that !
When you pay such an insane amount of money, go for the maximum possible !
But try to be healthy, as much is possible !
BTW, why do you have to wait so long for the operation ?... In my opinion, this is not good for your mental health...

Acemace86

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2024, 01:46:59 PM »

Why will you wait for one more year?
Pages: [1]   Go Up