Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: suggestion on how much height to gain with wingspan  (Read 889 times)

Beemer m3

suggestion on how much height to gain with wingspan
« on: February 04, 2024, 08:44:05 AM »

i want to gain more height in the future because its not enough i guess. im like 171 cm night height. my wingspan is currently 167 cm what is your guys opinion on how much i should lengthen? im aiming 180 cm . about 5'11 . i look close in the mirror and i have short arms. would this be right at 180cm. some guys that do quadrilateral lengthening got longer arms then i do but im not that lucky i guess.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

babygirl

Re: suggestion on how much height to gain with wingspan
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 09:23:41 AM »

Mockups help. Only those can help.
Use a ruler beside you for scale and try.
1.84m. | That's 6' and ½ inch.
Researching limb shortening.

jbfjbj4

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 11:24:06 AM »

180cm with short arms will mog 171cm with perfect proportions.

There is no point comparing yourself to a 180cm man who was born like that naturally, as that option isn't on the table. Your options are be a 171cm manlet or a 180cm human being with longish legs. The second option is clearly better.

bruhh

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 04:31:29 PM »

It should naturally be close to a 1:1 ratio, there's always humerus lengthening

babygirl

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 11:51:17 PM »

People care, and soon you'll look like a short man on stilts if you go above 6cm on any limb.
Anyone else saying otherwise is coping.

180cm with short arms will be ashamed of going out in shorts, a normal man will not be.

Not everyone is obsessed like you.

Beemer m3

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 02:08:08 AM »

I read a few post that some guys have 4 inches of short wingspan. But they were like 6'6 and with a 6'2 wingspan . They already big to be worrying of something like that
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Precise2.2

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 02:37:03 AM »

Just do what you want to do, if you don't care to have t-rex arms or what anyone else says about them more power to you. I just stayed within the 1:1 ration even though I could've added 1 more inch but that was my personal preference because I like symmetry and want to get be able to sprint for sports. I'm at 176.5 cm which i was very happy with, with a 176 cm wingspan.

Beemer m3

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 05:09:40 AM »

It should naturally be close to a 1:1 ratio, there's always humerus lengthening
I feel that humorous lengthening is out of this norm. But I would go for 3 cm if anything. One month of lengthening but my arm would be sore when I'm eating n stuff for a yr.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

jbfjbj4

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 04:28:21 PM »

People care, and soon you'll look like a short man on stilts if you go above 6cm on any limb.
Anyone else saying otherwise is coping.

180cm with short arms will be ashamed of going out in shorts, a normal man will not be.

Not everyone is obsessed like you.

This is a woman poster so disregard everything she says. Women have no clue about men or men's problems, and for that reason you should never trust a woman doctor either.

Your options OP do not include being a 'normal man' at 180cm. Your options are 171cm manlet or 180cm with long legs/short arms, those are the only options on the table so fantasising about some life where you're 180cm, still look totally normal in shorts, and can sit on the beach with no issue isn't worth the time, this option is not and never will be on the table. Obviously anyone who isn't trolling or gaslighting you will say 180cm is still better even if you can't wear your shorts (which might not even be true, but even if it is, it's still going to be better being 180 over 171).

bruhh

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 07:34:27 PM »

I feel that humorous lengthening is out of this norm. But I would go for 3 cm if anything. One month of lengthening but my arm would be sore when I'm eating n stuff for a yr.

Dr. Paley and Dr. Birkholtz both offer humerus lengthening packages. Dr. Rozbruch has also presented on humerus lengthening with Precice before. I think it's only a matter of time before humeral lengthening becomes less niche of a surgery, with the growing popularization of standard LL surgery and the inherent wingspan disproportionality that comes with it.

babygirl

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2024, 11:31:27 PM »

This is a woman poster so disregard everything she says. Women have no clue about men or men's problems, and for that reason you should never trust a woman doctor either.

It's your words which shouldn't be reliable, because you sound like a reclusive little man hiding in his home.

Anyone can see a man with mental health problems, I also see you using language which would get you ridiculed in real life.
You're avoided because you say manlet and avoid female doctors, not because you're short 😂

I'm taller than you without even trying, little manlet.

Beemer m3

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 06:59:17 AM »

i dunno about the shorts thing but im thinking of long sleeve shirts. im seeing Sedat from livelifetaller always wear a jacket . maybe he is hiding his arms? summers not a great season i guess lol.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

jbfjbj4

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 08:33:57 AM »

It's your words which shouldn't be reliable, because you sound like a reclusive little man hiding in his home.

Anyone can see a man with mental health problems, I also see you using language which would get you ridiculed in real life.
You're avoided because you say manlet and avoid female doctors, not because you're short 😂

I'm taller than you without even trying, little manlet.

Female detected, opinion disregarded.

slendermanwannabe

• Visitor
  • awaiting for my slenderman-tier proportions
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2024, 01:13:08 PM »

The first thing to note is that wingspan is determined by both your clavicle and arm length. Measure your bideltoid width and it should give a rough idea of whether or not your clavicle is below or above average length. It should be ~43 cm given your height. If your measurement goes 40cm and below, it may as well be your short clavicles. But this is easily affected by muscle mass on the shoulders, and you've stated that your arms look short in the mirror, so your problem is probably short arms. (clavicles could still affect it though)

-4cm ape index is within the normal range, but I think going a little further than that will give you the T-rex arms look. The absolute limit is -10cm, and even then it stands out for most people. With your current arm length, I would suggest you go to 175-176cm. You can do this in one surgery.

If you want to go to 180cm, get humerus lengthening, 3.5cm per arm. Then, get a second surgery (tibias perhaps). But, overall being tall trumps having   proportions. You will still look somewhat shortish in the arms but it should be fine. Measure your forearms as well, so you know how much to lengthen in the humerus. 0.81 is avg fa:humerus. Don't go too far from that.

If you're worried about compounding too man risks with arm lengthening, then I think you should stick to one conservative lengthening.

180/178.5 (MORNING and NIGHT)
96cm (Sitting height)
Goal: 193 out of bed (8cm femur, 5 cm tibia)
Alternative plan (if all goes wrong): Travel back to my home country to feel tall again

bruhh

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2024, 01:19:09 AM »

The first thing to note is that wingspan is determined by both your clavicle and arm length. Measure your bideltoid width and it should give a rough idea of whether or not your clavicle is below or above average length. It should be ~43 cm given your height. If your measurement goes 40cm and below, it may as well be your short clavicles. But this is easily affected by muscle mass on the shoulders, and you've stated that your arms look short in the mirror, so your problem is probably short arms. (clavicles could still affect it though)

-4cm ape index is within the normal range, but I think going a little further than that will give you the T-rex arms look. The absolute limit is -10cm, and even then it stands out for most people. With your current arm length, I would suggest you go to 175-176cm. You can do this in one surgery.

If you want to go to 180cm, get humerus lengthening, 3.5cm per arm. Then, get a second surgery (tibias perhaps). But, overall being tall trumps having   proportions. You will still look somewhat shortish in the arms but it should be fine. Measure your forearms as well, so you know how much to lengthen in the humerus. 0.81 is avg fa:humerus. Don't go too far from that.

If you're worried about compounding too man risks with arm lengthening, then I think you should stick to one conservative lengthening.

Great post, it is a big tradeoff with proportions/extra height and arm measurement is something you won't truly realize the discrepancy of until you are done lengthening and see yourself in a full body mirror. Most doctors will tell you arms aren't noticeable but they certainly are. I think they themselves are just not comfortable performing the surgery as they don't have the experience and there being much less in the literature than femoral or tibial lengthening. Humerus lengthening also includes tearing the rotator cuff which I imagine is extremely painful.

babygirl

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2024, 03:42:25 AM »

Female detected, opinion disregarded.

If female opinion wasn't important, you wouldn't be breaking your legs for them, shortie.

1team

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2024, 09:17:55 AM »

If you want to go to 180cm, get humerus lengthening, 3.5cm per arm. Then, get a second surgery (tibias perhaps). But, overall being tall trumps having   proportions. You will still look somewhat shortish in the arms but it should be fine. Measure your forearms as well, so you know how much to lengthen in the humerus. 0.81 is avg fa:humerus. Don't go too far from that.

This is really interesting how the forearm/humerus ratio is so simialr to the tibia/femur ratio of 0.8. Can you share where you got these stats? I'd like to read more on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up