Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

When does height difference become noticeable?

Less than 1 inch (<2.5cm)
- 3 (7.3%)
1 inch (2.5cm)
- 5 (12.2%)
1.5 inches (4cm)
- 10 (24.4%)
2 inches (5cm)
- 11 (26.8%)
More than 2 inches (>5cm)
- 12 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Minimum noticeable height difference  (Read 662 times)

Depth Stryder

Minimum noticeable height difference
« on: February 09, 2024, 12:17:19 AM »

What is the minimum height difference to be visibly noticeable?
Current Height: 5'1" (155 cm)
Goal: 5'6" (167 cm)
Dream Height: 5'7" (170 cm)

belowbelowavg

Re: Minimum noticeable height difference
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 01:12:36 PM »

This is rly interesting cuz I fraud my height 2 inches with shoes and lifts and ppl who knew me didnt say anything abt my height instead they all said stuff like "u lost weight" or "ur physique is better now" but nothing regarding height.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 03:11:05 PM »

2 inch-footwear provides an inch of relative height advantage with others on average. That's why comparing the height gain from modest lifts (up to 2 inches) with the height gain of 2 inches from LL is insignificant. Those 2 inches you gain from LL gets in your bones so you get exactly 2 inches of relative height advantage with others. I guess 2 inches gain from LL could be comparable with wearing 3 inch-lifts. Even then, comparing height gain from shoes and height gain from lengthening the bones is irrelevant as lengthened bones alter one's proportions significantly even if it's a single inch of a gain per segment. That's why gaining 2 inches from LL is vastly superior from gaining 2 inches of relative height advantage with 3-inch lifts as the former makes you not only stand 2 inches taller but also look 2 inches taller with longer legs.

One way to imitate longer legs with elevator shoes is to wear boots that have a narrow and long enough neck in order to wear longer pants which can cover it, thus making your tibiae look anywhere from 1-1.5 inches longer than it is. However, even that can't be compared with 1-1.5 inches longer tibiae as it's obvious that the pants are hiding the shoe neck at the bottom of your legs rather than your shins being 1-1.5 inches longer in real. Anyway, if you want to simultaneously increase your height from lifts and elongate your tibiae visually, the only option is to wear boots with narrow and long neck in order to cover it with pants. That's why Tom Cruise is always wearing that kind of footwear in order to better camouflage the height gain from shoes and to also visually elongate his legs. Otherwise, wearing elevator shoes that can't be covered with pants is a joke as you're basically standing on heels with the same leg length you naturally have.

Also, wearing shoes that gives more than 2.5 inches of real height means that it has to have some kind of platform on the front side which starts to look ridiculous the higher you go from 2.5 inches and becomes pretty obvious that one is standing on hidden heels. Also, the higher the elevation from shoes, the more your butt starts to raise like a woman's butt raises when they wear big heels which is another reason to avoid huge lifts as people will start to tell you're wearing one.

2.3-2.5 inches (6-6.5 cm) is the maximum real height you can get from wearing elevator shoes unless you wear the pair Robert Downey Jr. is seen in public with, which, again, looks pretty obvious and ridiculous. Anything that adds more than 2.5 inches of real height gonna be awkward to walk in and will fk your ankles and calf muscles at the end of the day.

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2024, 09:32:17 AM »

I accidently took 1 inch. But I meant to vote for 4 cm as well. That is when the height difference of 2 people starts to become noticeable, also if you do LL and can feel the difference according to what I have read earlier on here.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 08:13:38 PM »

I think 2cm is already noticable. 2cm is the boost of height of a pair of sneakers. Would you say you would not get significantly taller in others' eyes with them on?
Pages: [1]   Go Up