Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Whom would you do external tibia on a shoestring budget?  (Read 1320 times)

AnotherLLer

Whom would you do external tibia on a shoestring budget?
« on: February 09, 2024, 02:16:32 PM »

Disclaimer: I'm not implying to go to quack docs for the sake of saving as much money as possible. I mean, if you had a low budget for the whole procedure (including accommodation, food, drugs, etc.), which country and which reputable doc would you choose?

Given that ex-only tibia requires single surgery (excluding frame removal) and the cost of traditional circular frames is relatively cheap, it's a no-brainer that avoiding LON or LATN will reduce the overall costs dramatically.

Unfortunately, surgical and accommodation fees are much higher in developed countries. Due to these reasons, one has to look for options in Russia or India. I don't know if there are other countries apart from these where you can find a reputable doc for relatively cheap. If there are, feel free to list them in this thread.

However, the problem is that both Russia and India is flooded with docs who practice LL, but there are a handful of them who can be considered reputable. Relying on thoughts of the majority of this forum members, and the fact that there are a few documented and verified diaries too, one has to choose either Solomin & Kulesh in Russia or Parihar in India.

Now, if we compare the prices they charge for pure external method, there is a huge gap between them. AFAIK, Solomin & Kulesh provide two options where you can get operated at: one being a private clinic and the other being a municipal one. Even if one chooses the private clinic which is twice expensive, the cost will be significantly less compared with Parihar's clinic in India. AFAIK, Parihar charges $15 000 for the surgery alone, while if you negotiate with Kulesh & Solomin to get operated at the municipal clinic, the cost is ~ $3 000. That's a dramatic cost difference. However, accommodation and supply costs will be more or less the same in Russia and India I guess.

Now, the main question is: would you go to Solomin & Kulesh for ex-only tibia lengthening? Or would you pay $15 000 (VS a mere $3 000 Solomin & Kulesh charge) and get it done at Parihar's? Is it justifiable to spend 5-times more and go to India? I just want to get it done as soon as I can but money is an issue for me. However, I'm not going to rush-in with the cheapest option just because it costs less.

I guess my options are limited with Russian docs. Even Mirzoyan in Armenia charges $15 000 for the ex-only tibia surgery which is pathetic.

I remember RGKEY's case who went to Barinov and got crippled but he lengthened 9 cm in tibiae which is 3 cm more than the max recommended amount and he also removed the frames way too early before the full consolidation happened so the end result was partly attributed to him due to lengthening way too much and removing the frames earlier than recommended. But, his X-rays showed bent bones even before the frames removal so I guess Barinov messed something along the process or he didn't follow the doc's guidelines and put greater pressure on the bones during the lengthening period while he was going out on walks with those frames. Either way, I'm wary of Barinov solely because of RGKEY's case alone.

Also, how realistic is it to endure being in external frames for a whole year for 6 cm gain? My legs are straight so LON would be an option for me but I'm scared of osteomyelitis as death. However, I doubt I can endure being paralyzed in home with external frames for a full year. I guess I might have no choice other than going with the LATN route in the end.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2024, 03:21:07 PM by AnotherLLer »

sxxa

Re: Whom would you do external tibia on a shoestring budget?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2024, 06:19:02 PM »

Is Dr. Solomin still available??
174 morning height
172 at night.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2024, 06:35:50 PM »

I hope he is.

Any thoughts on other Russian docs and their prices?

sxxa

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2024, 06:59:27 PM »

I hope he is.

Any thoughts on other Russian docs and their prices?

I would choose russians over turkishs or indians in a heartbeat, I think its a viable option for LLers who don't have big pockets (me included).  I will check in deep about russian doctors. I think their prices are really good
174 morning height
172 at night.

AnotherLLer

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2024, 07:51:35 PM »

Not all Russian docs charge the same though. Some of them charge as much as Indian docs do.

I think that pure external Ilizarov method shouldn't cost more than $5 000 in developing countries because of how cheap the device is compared to internal nails like PRECISE. Anything more than $5 000 in countries like Russia, Armenia or India is a joke.

sxxa

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2024, 08:42:03 PM »

Not all Russian docs charge the same though. Some of them charge as much as Indian docs do.

I think that pure external Ilizarov method shouldn't cost more than $5 000 in developing countries because of how cheap the device is compared to internal nails like PRECISE. Anything more than $5 000 in countries like Russia, Armenia or India is a joke.
I agree. Do you know who else do pure externals on Russia? It would be better to have a list. Dr. Solomin looks pretty solid I checked his background.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Beemer m3

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2024, 09:26:37 PM »

i dont think any one should do LL that requires u to wear frames for 6 months. it feels barbaric and frames are heavy going around. sometimes u feel like embarrass walking around so the time to get back to strength is alot longer. should do with frames with nail at least. save urself.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

sxxa

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2024, 10:12:49 PM »

i dont think any one should do LL that requires u to wear frames for 6 months. it feels barbaric and frames are heavy going around. sometimes u feel like embarrass walking around so the time to get back to strength is alot longer. should do with frames with nail at least. save urself.
While I agree, not everyone can pay most advanced methods. I believe if a competent doctor can perform a good procedure using externals and the price is about right I think is a good option.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Shana

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2024, 02:12:27 AM »

Would Vietnam be an option? If any one did surgery in Vietnam please share your mind thanks.

CLLvet

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2024, 03:08:25 PM »

Have you considered Greece with Giotikas? I did TSF LATN on my tibias there last year, in 2023. Happy to share my experience with you, if you are interested. You can PM me if you wish. 

I think it is difficult to wear frames for 6 months or more. So LATN would be a better option for you if you can afford it. It felt great knowing that as soon as lengthening was over, I could remove those frames and have the internal fracture nail inserted on the same day. 

These are the current prices over there, Tibia TSF LATN costs 39,600 euros - https://www.athensbjr.com/cost-pricing-of-cosmetic-limb-lengthening/

Cost of living/ food in Greece is also quite cheap (at least compared to North America and other parts of Europe)

Best of luck
174 cm (starting height), 188 cm (current height)

-8 cm femur w/ Stryde in 2019, with Dr. Giotikas (Greece)
-6 cm tibia w/ Taylor Spatial Frames (TSF)  Lengthening and Then Nailing (LATN) in 2023, with Giotikas (Greece)

overandover

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2024, 04:12:50 PM »

Avoid Russia and all warzones for obvious reasons.

Beemer m3

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 09:07:16 AM »

afa is charging 35k lon and vietnam is charging about 25k with ilizarov frames. if i had hold that money into crypto i would have doubled my money. but the height i have now feels pretty awesome.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

Hldrive

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2024, 01:32:16 PM »

Parihar is the only good option from India. However I heard, he only accepts foreigners if they come with relative to stay during your lengthening, he won't operate if you come solo. So keep that in mind

overandover

« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2024, 03:44:22 PM »

Parihar is the only good option from India. However I heard, he only accepts foreigners if they come with relative to stay during your lengthening, he won't operate if you come solo. So keep that in mind

LON is 15k and externals is like 12k.

vx:1299450135

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2024, 03:42:01 PM »

如果你愿意来中国做这个手术的话,实际上你的食宿+康复+手术+加上外部固定架的成本总和也只需两万五千这样。当然,往返工资和签证费用也是如此
,但无论如何这个价格我相信你一定是可以承担的起的,而且不需要去贷款,或者只需要少量贷款的。
如果你感兴趣的话可以联系我,我的电子邮箱是:1299450135@qq.com

Beemer m3

« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2024, 06:21:44 AM »

is it hard to get a visa to stay in china for 3 months? i would consider doing some kind of femur lengthening over there.
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2024, 08:00:09 AM »

事实上,中国对于外国人的签证是很友好的,如果你真的想要来我们这边做手术,我们会非常欢迎你。

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2024, 08:12:40 AM »

如果你有兴趣的话,可以添加我们的WhatsApp,86+19959133153
我们会为您详细介绍的

Hldrive

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2024, 01:14:33 PM »

is it hard to get a visa to stay in china for 3 months? i would consider doing some kind of femur lengthening over there.
Don't go to China, it's illegal to perform this surgery in China, they are operating illegally. Nothing good will come from this, they just trying to get quick money.

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2024, 02:43:10 PM »

这其实是你的误解,中国对于这项手术并没有立法禁止,只是中国不推荐健康的人以美容的性质去做这个手术。
而且事实上,这项手术在前苏联时期就已经传入中国了,2001年的时候在中国重庆,美国国家地理频道还专门来采访了。
我们为人们做这项手术并且提供康复服务确实是为了赚钱,但是并不是只打算赚快钱,也不是非法的去进行这项手术。
我们公司是有中国工商局注册的营业执照的,是合法纳税,合法提供服务的企业。

vkkk

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2024, 02:37:33 PM »

I am Chinese. It is indeed illegal to perform this surgery in China. Only patients with long and short legs and other diseases can have the surgery.

ekero

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2024, 07:03:41 PM »

Any updates on status of Kulesh & Solomin?

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2024, 04:03:25 AM »

事实上,上世纪九十年代开始中国就已经有下肢延长手术了,到2024年的今天,中国仍然有大量的医生去以盈利的目的去给健康的人以美容为目的去做这个手术,你能告诉我有任何一位医生被判刑或者被提起公诉了吗?
事实上,你找不到任何一条法律条文告诉大家,以美容性质去进行增高手术是违法的。中国仅仅只是卫生部出文,规范医院和医生而已。
如果卫健委发现医生给健康的人做这个手术,医生和医院确实会收到一些处罚,但这不是非法的。
因此事实上,中国很多时候都是以“矫正”的目的去进行这项手术,这是合法合规的。

sxxa

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2024, 06:06:29 PM »

Any updates on status of Kulesh & Solomin?
I would love to know too.
174 morning height
172 at night.

ekero

• Visitor
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2024, 07:15:28 PM »

I think we have to take this into our own hands since nobody knows/cares  :D

Check your dms!
Pages: [1]   Go Up