Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Body dysmorphia  (Read 412 times)

Metaphyglv

Body dysmorphia
« on: March 11, 2024, 01:22:14 AM »

Like the other user said in his post, at the end of the day, some of you need a good therapy instead of a CLL surgery. I mean, this is one of the most invasive cosmetic procedures of our time, the surgeon break your legs to let your bones grow in the gap created, and your muscles end up widely affected by the stretching, life long damage if they commit a mistake.

If we see a woman whose weight is 50kg and she have stopped eating to lose weight, everyone is suddenly concerned about her mental health assuming she has some BDD, not saying "its her decision to risk her health to look thinner". Same here with guys who are totally average,lets say above 5'8, and are risking their health and mobility to be a couple inches taller, instead of realizing that, if they problem is about girls, probably the major problem is not about their height but something more, kinda obvious.
In the other hand, there are guys shorter than average, extremely shorter sometimes, wanting to do CLL, which is more justified, like a girl who is overweight wanting to reach a normal weight.

I hate to be the "gatekeeper" of CLL, but came on, are you willing to break your legs and risk your mobility just to be "taller than average"? you are already in the normal height range, and if your obssesion carry you to take an extreme decision like this, you have to go to therapy first.

There are ton of guys who are 5'5 to 5'7 who, despite their size, have reached a totally normal life, and if you ask them if their height has affected them, they will tell you it was an important factor but they stopped caring at certain age, and lived a normal life life any guy out there without even thinking too much about that.
Its an usual sensation being worried about appearance, but if is obsessive, and particularly if is something not that uncommon (like being just a little bit under average), your mind is not working like the mind of every guys at your height, and if you talk to them about the possibility of doing this procedure they will look at you bewildered and say something like "im short but that a madness dude"

I guess social media today has a great impact in height neurosis in men too, im aware about that, which sucks but guys, women are not that concerned about you not being 6ft, thats a meme. iIm fking 5'3 and lowering my standards a little bit i had some girlfriends (i don't care that much how she looks always she is not fat).

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
Re: Body dysmorphia
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2024, 01:28:43 AM »

As for lowering the standards, it does not work well in China.
Here in China if you are 5'3 even notwithstanding net assets of around 1.5 million dollars, decent educational background and good face, there are still high chances of you getting filtered out by normies or even Beckies. I think even in that case only if you accept women who even fail in plastic surgeries, or have severe psychiatric disorders, or are retarded or smth like that there will be high chances of getting accepted.

Metaphyglv

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2024, 01:30:35 AM »

As for lowering the standards, it does not work well in China.
Here in China if you are 5'3 even notwithstanding net assets of around 1.5 million dollars, decent educational background and good face, there are still high chances of you getting filtered out by normies or even Beckies.
Yep, as i said, i understand very short guys willing to do a CLL, it's reasonable

sxxa

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2024, 02:40:46 AM »

It's not black and white brother, there are people who despite their height can physically feel the mental stress and discomfort in their bodies. Yes, I agree we should all see a therapist but this can't be helped with that only. I'm 1.74cm but I don't feel confortable with my body, I don't feel confident, I just want to be close to 1.80 at max and I have been in therapy. Didnt work.
174 morning height
172 at night.

Metaphyglv

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2024, 03:06:29 AM »

Totally average in most parts of the world at 174 cm. Where are u from bro?

Aquahoma2

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2024, 04:52:58 AM »

Dunno, man. For me, a better question is whether there exists a regional excuse NOT to do a surgery. After all, there are zero advantages and a million disadvantages of being short. I’m happy for those who can come into an agreement with themselves, but I can’t lie so boldly to myself, sorry.

sxxa

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2024, 02:09:36 PM »

Totally average in most parts of the world at 174 cm. Where are u from bro?
Im from south america, yeah totally average but I don't feel good about it.
174 morning height
172 at night.

DanishViking

• The more a women cares about height the more...
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2024, 05:33:23 PM »

I just want to add that I totally agree with your post. The biggest change according to most surgeons are the patients self image and confidents and that why this surgery is worth it for some people that hate their height to the point that they don't want to live. Sure in the US their might be a few more small benefits, but in other parts of the world, it barely changes anything.

jbfjbj4

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2024, 03:48:20 PM »

One of the worst things about the internet is every normtard who thinks muh therapy is the answer to all of lifes problems.

Kys OP.
Pages: [1]   Go Up