Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL sacrifices  (Read 2955 times)

FutureTaller

LL sacrifices
« on: August 25, 2014, 02:14:28 PM »

Hey guys,

I'm just curious about what kind of sacrifices you've all endured when getting the surgery. How did it impact your employment or education patterns?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: LL sacrifices
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 03:00:17 PM »

Making me have four months of lost income. Certainly going to miss out on a lot of activities with friends while these frames are on too. Also my cat is probably going to ignore me for a while when I first get back because I've been gone for so long. He gets mad when I go on trips.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:19:55 PM by KiloKAHN »
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

TRS

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 03:34:11 PM »

Health and wellbeing.
Your body has to cope with trauma from surgery, anaesthesia  plus long term xrays and painkiller intake. Definitely not good for the body,
Immobility will cause you to lose alot of muscles. My butt has become half its size from losing muscles due to immobility.
The body will be in overdrive for many months snd therefore elevated stress hormones. Certainly not good for health!
Complications such as osteomyelitis, joint stiffness, compartment syndrome(can lead to amputation), embolism (may lead to death).
Maybe long term complications such as non union, malalignment (can cause arthritis), permanent nerve/muscle damage.
You must be willing to sacrifice your health and wellbeing! I hate to say this but even your leg or life in the worst case scenario! Although extremely rare with a good surgeon.

You will obviously have to sacrifice time and money. You must consider the opportunity cost of doing LL surgery. LL is not a walk in the park! Requires tremendous amount of time and even more energy! A lot of mental and physical energy is spent on LL. Before I thought I will be able to do other constructive things during my spare time. But I was wrong! My whole days is spent on physio, worrying about my legs and sometimes whether the nails are working and sleeping.
With the amount of money, energy and time needed for LL, you should evaluate whether these things can be better spent on other things that will improve your life. 
You must know whether height is truly a problem in your life and whether the several inches will positively change your life. Sometimes people just don't know why they are suffering and tend to blame everything on their height. When these people do undergo LL, reach their target height but still not content with life then I believe they have lost a lot in life for doing LL in the first place.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:56:53 PM by TheRisingShorty »

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2014, 03:51:33 PM »

Health and wellbeing.
Your body has to cope with trauma from surgery, anaesthesia  plus long term xrays and painkiller intake. Definitely not good for the body,
Immobility will cause you to lose alot of muscles. My butt has become half its size from losing muscles due to immobility.
The body will be in overdrive for many months snd therefore elevated stress hormones. Certainly not good for health!
Complications such as osteomyelitis, joint stiffness, compartment syndrome(can lead to amputation), embolism (may lead to death).
Maybe long term complications such as non union, malalignment (can cause arthritis), permanent nerve/muscle damage.
You must be willing to sacrifice your health and wellbeing! I hate to say this but even your leg or life in the worst case scenario! Although extremely rare with a good surgeon.

You will obviously have to sacrifice time and money. You must consider the opportunity cost of doing LL surgery. LL is not a walk in the park! Requires tremendous amount of time and even more energy! A lot of mental and physical energy is spent on LL. Before I thought I will be able to do other constructive things during my spare time. But I was wrong! My whole days is spent on physio, worrying about my legs and sometimes whether the nails are working and sleeping.
With the amount of money, energy and time needed for LL, you should evaluate whether these things can be better spent on other things that will improve your life.

It's incredible we still think of this surgery, and even undergo it, when reading all of this. Sounds terrible actually.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

FutureTaller

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 05:55:41 PM »

Health and wellbeing.

You must know whether height is truly a problem in your life and whether the several inches will positively change your life. Sometimes people just don't know why they are suffering and tend to blame everything on their height. When these people do undergo LL, reach their target height but still not content with life then I believe they have lost a lot in life for doing LL in the first place.

I'm just doing it for a psychological boost. Height plays a part in self confidence but I don't have to be 6 feet plus. I'm okay with average height. I can tolerate being the shortest guy in the room at average height but not the shortest guy in the room below that. 5-6 cm would be dandy. I'm aware that tremendous fortitude is required to get it and it can be a strenous journey but no pain, no gain.

FutureTaller

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 05:56:12 PM »

Making me have four months of lost income. Certainly going to miss out on a lot of activities with friends while these frames are on too. Also my cat is probably going to ignore me for a while when I first get back because I've been gone for so long. He gets mad when I go on trips.

How did you get four months off from work?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 06:19:55 PM »

How did you get four months off from work?

I'm one of the owners of the business.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

theuprising

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2014, 10:24:41 PM »

Has there ever been a case of amputation with LL?

sadboy

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2014, 10:44:27 PM »

It's incredible we still think of this surgery, and even undergo it, when reading all of this. Sounds terrible actually.

I said exactly the same thing! I guess I really want it (the height) that's why I am considering on doing this surgery.

GeTs

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2014, 12:01:08 AM »

Has there ever been a case of amputation with LL?
we don't have any info about it yet

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2014, 09:39:16 AM »

This.
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

FutureTaller

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2014, 02:43:52 PM »

I wonder if most of you asked your employer for time off to do the surgery. Seems like a stupid question but I have to ask.

paco1

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2014, 07:36:22 PM »

My company has closed and now i have one year unemployment, in this time i will do this surgery.

alps

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2014, 10:20:29 AM »

What if you took a short vacation and suddenly called your company and told them you had an accident and your legs are broken, you're in another country and will take a few months to recover?
Pages: [1]   Go Up