Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unilateral Femur with Dr Koehne  (Read 249 times)

alex94germany

• Visitor
Unilateral Femur with Dr Koehne
« on: April 06, 2024, 03:41:44 PM »

Hi there! First of all: I have been a quiet reader for most of the time here and I am extremely thankful for this forum!

Now to the Topic: I am in my end 20s (173cm) and I will have my surgery with Dr. Köhne in two weeks. Doing 5,5 cm femur unilateral. Depending on the process and how my Body reacts, I May increase to 6 cm but that will stay the absolute Maximum. I know unilateral might sound strange to some people but I decided to do unilateral because I expect it to be less risky and also I wann stay mobile to be as Independent as possible...I will keep you Updated and I would be very thankful If some of you may answer me some of my questions along the way...also feel free to ask me anything!

4cm

Re: Unilateral Femur with Dr Koehne
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2024, 12:05:43 PM »

Thank for sharing, I will follow your diaries.

rotzputzen

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2024, 01:37:29 PM »

Hi,
Why don´t you wait 6 months to 1 year and do it with the Precice max (a fully weight-bearing nail)? Köhne is going to be one of the first surgeons in EU to get the P max. Unilateral SUCKS and also what happens if you have an accident/war/whatever and you cannot do/complete your second leg?
Also, are you going to get an ITB release?

alex94germany

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2024, 05:46:59 AM »

Day 9 post-op

First days in the hospital were very good to manage due to strong pain killers (oxy daily). However, since I am now „only“ on 4x ibu, 4x nova and 2x Tilidin daily, pain levels are different than the first days after surgery. I definitely feel that swelling in the upper leg and in the knee are fading but there is a constant pain level of 2 out of 10. worst part is pain in the knee (probably due to blood floating in it after surgery according to Köhne) that causes short but very painful stitches depending on my motions. The latter is really only going away very slowly but overall pain in my leg is very manageable. Also although pain in knee is really annoying I am mobile and pretty independent which is a good thing. The two things that currently stress me:

1) knee pain that makes it impossible to try to stretch atm.
2) constant (low) pain in my leg that doesn’t really let me sleep well (less than 4 hours per night).

Will have my first checkup with Köhne next week and I will probably ask for some medication to sleep. I am currently lengthen 1mm per day and I am planning to start Physio in two week.
Pages: [1]   Go Up