Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Safe amount of LL  (Read 710 times)

Aquahoma2

Safe amount of LL
« on: April 13, 2024, 04:57:04 AM »

Hey, guys!

I know this theme has been brought up for numerous times, yet I feel like I need to ask this question. Do you think that 12-13cms, split between tibia and femur, is an achievable goal? Say, 7+6, or something like this?

I’m a 167.5 guy with a longer torso and shorter legs, if that matters.

Beemer m3

Re: Safe amount of LL
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 08:19:51 AM »

its achievable but what is ur wingspan looking like? everyone says wingspan doesnt matter. but what if ur legs are too long afterwards? its achievable but what if u have ballerina foot will u continue on? u can cut the tendon from the tibia but at what expense are u willing to do it?
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

markr09

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 10:26:16 PM »

Hey, guys!

I know this theme has been brought up for numerous times, yet I feel like I need to ask this question. Do you think that 12-13cms, split between tibia and femur, is an achievable goal? Say, 7+6, or something like this?

Doable, but again, better to have be within proportions. People may have different proportions, but it's still going to look weird esp if it doesn't look naturally unproportioned and you're part of the extreme end. Some people with shorter torsos and longer limbs, even if it's technically not within the ratio still looks natural since everything else still fits, it's not the same for some stature lengthening patients who've lengthened way over their own proportions.

I also have a long torso, but I also have long arms and tibia, my femurs are the ones that are short. Still longer than tibias but not still noticeably short for femurs. So I can lengthen my femur by a good amount and a bit on tibias if I ever proceed going quad.
its achievable but what is ur wingspan looking like? everyone says wingspan doesnt matter. but what if ur legs are too long afterwards? its achievable but what if u have ballerina foot will u continue on? u can cut the tendon from the tibia but at what expense are u willing to do it?
Wingspan matters by some extent. I've seen people with shorter wingspans but usually not at an extreme of less than 3 inches of their total height. NBA player, Svi Mykhailuk has a height of 6'7 and a 6'4 wingspan, but since he's so tall anyways that wingspan looks quite natural to look at. For shorter guys, it'll just look like you got t-rex arms or something. I personally have a wingspan roughly around 5'10~5'11, a good 4~5' over my height. Quite large of a gap but it's also not too uncommon to see people with longer wingspans, you can scrounge around the net and see people under 6' comment they'd have a well good over 3~4 inches of wingspans. The MMA fighter Jon Jones though, quite an extreme example 6'3 with a 7'1 wingspan.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

jbfjbj4

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2024, 06:36:09 PM »

After 1x LL my wingspan is nearly 4 inches less than my height and not a single person has ever said a thing about it. You're all nuts, no one cares except you. A couple of girls said to me I had long legs, but it was never ever said in a negative way, and both of them slept with me so it can't have been bad to them.

Back in the real world, a lot more women in bed, a lot more respect in general social situations, no more always being the one to move off a crowded sidewalk etc. This crap about wingspan and t-rex arms is all in your head, and even if its not the benefits of being taller vastly outweigh the supposed negatives of having 't-rex arms'.

Metaphyglv

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2024, 05:41:24 PM »

Hey, guys!

Conservatively 5 cm in femurs and 4 cm in tibias, above that start to be more risky. Idk if is safer for example do a total of 9 cm in quadrilateral or 8 cm just in femurs(you have to choose between the risk of two operations of the risk of overlength one pair of limbs), but i would choose quadrilateral every time

Precise2.2

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2024, 08:46:01 PM »

Been a while since i posted, i find myself checking in less and less in the forum. I did 5.3cm, I'm already Jogging and can even do burpees at 6month mark which was April 20th.

I went conservative went from 171 cm to 176.4. I was concerned about muscles and nerves keeping up(didn't want to risk permanent nerve damage).

I had extremely good bone regeneration, my doctor said i can probably remove nails in July(Nine months after surgery)depending on how June X-RAYS look. I'm done with LL at this point and really happy how everything turned out and wouldn't want to roll the dice with a tibia surgery even if its low risk, very happy with new height. Only minor discomfort is the groin area(inner abductors) where i still feel soreness from the lengthening, which is dissipating month by month . I would gladly post a video of me jogging on my treadmill and showing my scars just not sure how to do that here.
Pages: [1]   Go Up