Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: any quadrilateral patient have a high paying job after lengthening?  (Read 423 times)

Beemer m3

any quadrilateral patient healed up and is working in the field now getting paid higher? i just want to ask if this is true or not lol. i mean life is easier being taller but did that helped at work yet? being 5'5 to 5'9 gonna be awesome for sure.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

markr09

Re: any quadrilateral patient have a high paying job after lengthening?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 10:50:57 PM »

I'd say it's true for taller people in some fields and some jobs, but it's not always the case. We're living in a more progressive world nowadays anyways.
Although studies like this one does suggest that being tall does pay off higher: https://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug04/standing

It shows that
As such, the biggest correlation between height and salary appeared in sales and management positions--careers in which customer perception has a major impact on success. If customers believe a tall salesperson is more commanding, for example, they may be more likely to follow the salesperson's wishes, Judge says.

Accordingly, height was most predictive of earnings in jobs that require social interaction, which include sales, management, service and technical careers. The height effect also mattered--though to a lesser degree--in other jobs such as crafts and blue-collar and clerical positions, researchers found.

While that may be true for a lot of instances, personally from my anecdotal experience, it will depends and how actually good of work environment you actually have to be a lot less bias in that regard. I work in an aerospace company, not US-based but I've traveled in and out US and in other sites of our company, and I've seen high position roles filled with people of varying heights and races. No longer do white people fill managerial positions or tech leads nor do always be taller people. Some examples are ones that I've met, who are several supervisors shorter around 5'3 and 5'4. Engineering project managers at 5'5, and an associate director who's my same height. Our site director is the shortest I know of, who's literally 5'.

Again that's from my experience, there's still a lot of places with a lot of height bias. In my opinion though, if that's the case, it may be best to just quit that job anyways and move to somewhere else. That's arleady a red flag all things considering.
Ideal goal: (178cm~180cm) 5'10~5'11 with two separate bilateral(femur+tibia) lengthening
Normal goal: (176cm) 5'9 with femur lengthening
Minimum goal: (173.5cm) 5'8 with femur/tibia lengthening

Plan in 2025~2026 when Precice Max comes and has some good outcomes.

wantingtobetaller

Re: any quadrilateral patient have a high paying job after lengthening?
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 03:37:28 AM »

I think there are people who had a massive increase in their income after the surgery.

But I don't think it is solely due the increased height and is more due to the huge confidence boost.
Pages: [1]   Go Up