Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which option should I take?  (Read 583 times)

wantingtobetaller

Which option should I take?
« on: April 14, 2024, 10:35:36 PM »

Like most other people, I want to cheap out.
I have options.

First option is pay roughly 100,000 USD to get the surgery and the after-care in Canada or US.
Second option is pay roughly 40,000 USD to get the surgery and the after-care in South Korea or Vietnam or some other countries except for Turkey and India (no offense Turks and Indians).
What I want, like everyone else, is to be taller and not lose a ton of athletic ability and not be crippled.

If I choose the second option, is there a chance of being crippled and lose ton of atheletic ability?

Staystrong

Re: Which option should I take?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2024, 02:36:16 AM »

pretty dumb question haha
if you choose second option you might even die with a higher chance to compare with first option and will not need your money anymore

buddy wants somebody to pretend the future and tell him what he should choose LOL

Ted68

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2024, 10:12:40 AM »

Like most other people, I want to cheap out.
I have options.

First option is pay roughly 100,000 USD to get the surgery and the after-care in Canada or US.
Second option is pay roughly 40,000 USD to get the surgery and the after-care in South Korea or Vietnam or some other countries except for Turkey and India (no offense Turks and Indians).
What I want, like everyone else, is to be taller and not lose a ton of athletic ability and not be crippled.

If I choose the second option, is there a chance of being crippled and lose ton of atheletic ability?

Hi, man.
I am sure you are very young, in early 20’s, because your statement is based on very wrong assumption !
You put Turkish surgeons in a same boat with indian ones.
You put south-korean surgeons in a same boat with vietnamese ones.
Are you a professional athlete and worried about losing those performances ?
Also your costs are wrong…
You need first to read a lot about everything regarding LL, because you have nothing clear in your mind… and then to take the right decision.

wantingtobetaller

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 03:23:04 AM »

Hi, man.
I am sure you are very young, in early 20’s, because your statement is based on very wrong assumption !
You put Turkish surgeons in a same boat with indian ones.
You put south-korean surgeons in a same boat with vietnamese ones.
Are you a professional athlete and worried about losing those performances ?
Also your costs are wrong…
You need first to read a lot about everything regarding LL, because you have nothing clear in your mind… and then to take the right decision.

Well I am not that young. I am actually in my early 30's (32 to be exact)
and have a decent amount of wealth for my age due to inheritence and investment.
But I need some money after the surgery to embark on a new career path and to buy a house and raise kids.
I was planning to do the surgery with Dr. Gdalevitch as I live in Canada but dang! it is expensive. 

As staystrong said, I agree it is a dumb question haha. Although I wish he wasn't so explicit about it.
Anyways, so what you are saying is South Koreans doctors, in general, are better than Vietnamese ones and
Turkish doctors are better than Indian doctors. Also, I am not a professional athelete
but I am planning to work in an industry which requires me to have healthy legs :P.

Anyhow, thanks for your advice. I hope you have a wonderful evening.

Ted68

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2024, 07:41:55 AM »

and have a decent amount of wealth for my age due to inheritence and investment.
But I need some money after the surgery to embark on a new career path and to buy a house and raise kids.
I was planning to do the surgery with Dr. Gdalevitch as I live in Canada but dang! it is expensive. 

As staystrong said, I agree it is a dumb question haha. Although I wish he wasn't so explicit about it.
Anyways, so what you are saying is South Koreans doctors, in general, are better than Vietnamese ones and
Turkish doctors are better than Indian doctors. Also, I am not a professional athelete
but I am planning to work in an industry which requires me to have healthy legs :P.

Thank you for your wishes.
If you read my detailed diary, you know I was going to go to Gdalevitch since i am citizen too, but because all the north-american surgeons are insanely expensive... I gave up.
So, I chose a good doctor in Turkey instead, where I paid about half of the price.
Also, to Gdalevitch is not only the price problem, but the whole living there is expensive and inconvenient... as maybe you know already.
South-Korea is same expensive as Gdalevitch and you will be scheduled for months or an year later... and that is stressful !
Yes, after you are done with all these, you have to have some money left, otherwise you cannot survive.
So, again, read carefully and be wise !
You can message me in PM...

overandover

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2024, 07:43:50 AM »

South Korea is not 40k at all. It's pretty close to the US in terms of cost unless you are planning to do externals. Precice is not available in veitnam as far as I know.

Hldrive

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2024, 09:19:18 AM »

Instead of asking what country to go, ask what doctor to go.
You can't just ask if you should go to South Korea, as there are good doctors, but also bad doctors there. Hard to compare when you don't know specific doctors you would go to

Beemer m3

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2024, 09:22:43 AM »

i know u said no turkey but have u followed anyone over there? afa, livelifetaller. alot of patients go there. 30k for lon femur or lon tibia. for femur u might have lots of pain because it tears ur skin. u just gotta be careful with infection at these clinics. but they can do the surgery for u and take care of u. as for vietnam its cheap but the PT is mostly vietnamese speakers and they arent friendly in my experience. just go and do ur thing thats all.
i watched all videos of livelifetaller and they got some things going on over there. read a few horror stories too. but just be clean with pinsites.
before 168cm current 173.5 cm
ilizarov tibia
sept 2023

goal 2025-26 precice max femur

jbfjbj4

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2024, 06:55:36 PM »

For a start, I'd rather go to any male doctor over any female doctor. Even butchers in Turkey and India will be a better option than a female surgeon, so don't go to Canada.

With that out of the way, there's obviously more risk the lower down the tiers you go. That doesn't mean you'll end up crippled, the vast majority of cases even in places like LLT actually go fine, it's just they have a higher rate of complications too.

There's no secret nirvana where you get US expertise and care, but India prices. You'll have to compromise along one of those points unless you're loaded full of money, most people do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up