Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've dreamt of being tall for a decade and it'll soon be reality  (Read 589 times)

beastialvitality

• Visitor

I'm a 24 year old who's 175cm and 8cm shorter than both my two younger brothers, I suspect this is due to my taking accutane during my teens and it stunting my growth, ruining my mental health and causing osteopenia. I will never forget being a junior in highschool and my mom noticing my freshman brother has now passed me in height.
I know I'm not short but I've been dreaming about being tall ever since I was 14.

What is my best option for maximizing height gained while still prioritizing safety? I will do this surgery in 2-3 years.

I was thinking 8cm femur and 5cm tibia, which would be 2 surgeries, but I'm open to lowering this by a few cm for the same of athleticism, I want to still be able to go to the gym and jog.
Is there a doctor in Europe that does deals for 2 surgeries where we plan for both at a reduced cost? I don't want to overpay, Giotikas seems good.

Lastly, what's the difference between PRECISE and STRYDE2 and which is better?
starting height: 176cm / 5'9
goal is 8-9 cm femurs followed by 4-5 cm tibia

Ted68

Re: I've dreamt of being tall for a decade and it'll soon be reality
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2024, 09:26:59 AM »

Hi, man...

First, you are not short, but I understand your thought.
You need only Precice on femur. You will be 8 cm taller, so 6 feet... and that is great.
I wouldn't do tibia, because its a big pain !
Precice is not weight bearing. Precice Max is weight bearing... but not full bearing. If you are heavier than 70 kg, could be a problem.
But, maybe in 3 years, something else better will come on market...

beastialvitality

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2024, 12:16:17 PM »

Thanks for the reply,

I agree with you that just precice 8cm femur would be good on its own, but I've read that 5cm tibia is quicker and easier to recover from than 8cm femur?
I'm going to make good money soon so I can afford both surgeries as long as the total cost for both is below $100k.
Do you know the best doctors in Europe or the US who could do this?
I really wanna be 6'1/6'2 and long femurs don't look aesthetic, so it makes sense to also lengthen tibias as long as I'm responsible and don't pass 5cm.

I'm basing this all off cyborg4life who said the maximum safest lengthening while still being able to recover most of your athleticism is 8cm femur +5cm tibia.
starting height: 176cm / 5'9
goal is 8-9 cm femurs followed by 4-5 cm tibia

Ted68

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2024, 01:07:22 PM »

Thanks for the reply,

I agree with you that just precice 8cm femur would be good on its own, but I've read that 5cm tibia is quicker and easier to recover from than 8cm femur?
I'm going to make good money soon so I can afford both surgeries as long as the total cost for both is below $100k.
Do you know the best doctors in Europe or the US who could do this?
I really wanna be 6'1/6'2 and long femurs don't look aesthetic, so it makes sense to also lengthen tibias as long as I'm responsible and don't pass 5cm.

I'm basing this all off cyborg4life who said the maximum safest lengthening while still being able to recover most of your athleticism is 8cm femur +5cm tibia.

No, man !... tibia is not easier and quicker !
Its actually viceversa, femur is easier and quicker.
I don't know who told you that stupid thing...

No, man, quad Precice doesnt cost less than 100k !... It cost more. But, of course, cheaper than north-America or Korea., where it cost about double.

8+5 cm is maximum, be careful !
But first, look at your body in swimsuit, front and back, because we are all different. Some guys has long torso and short legs, some viceversa.
Some guys has too long femurs.
Also measure your wingspan.
Only after these observations you can decide, because if your femurs are already too long, you must do only tibias.
Same if your arms are too short, it will look weird.
You don't want to look like a mutant at the beach...

jbfjbj4

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2024, 06:39:55 PM »

No, man !... tibia is not easier and quicker !
Its actually viceversa, femur is easier and quicker.
I don't know who told you that stupid thing...

No, man, quad Precice doesnt cost less than 100k !... It cost more. But, of course, cheaper than north-America or Korea., where it cost about double.

8+5 cm is maximum, be careful !
But first, look at your body in swimsuit, front and back, because we are all different. Some guys has long torso and short legs, some viceversa.
Some guys has too long femurs.
Also measure your wingspan.
Only after these observations you can decide, because if your femurs are already too long, you must do only tibias.
Same if your arms are too short, it will look weird.
You don't want to look like a mutant at the beach...

No one gives a damn about the beach. How often do you go? Maybe 2 weeks a year, max. How often are you in a normal situation with clothes on? Yeah that's right, 99% of the time.

He should absolutely do 8cm regardless of his arms, how he looks in a swimsuit, how long his femurs are in relation to tibias, or indeed anything else. The benefits of 183 vs 175 will mog all the 'downsides' you're speaking of.

Adding on the 5cm is personal preference but sure 188 is better than 183 if you live in the west, so go for it if money is fine and you have the time, why not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up