Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long does it take to lengthen 6 inches?  (Read 402 times)

pixiefairy

• Visitor
How long does it take to lengthen 6 inches?
« on: May 22, 2024, 10:15:28 PM »

Hi everyone. I’m a (born) female and identify as a girl, and my wingspan is 6 inches taller than my actual height. Everyone also makes comments about how long my arms are, how my hands look like they belong to a tall person and also how my feet are big for my height (size 9). My height is 5”. I’m also the shortest person in my family on both sides which is so weird, I’m not adopted at all.

Anyway, my goal is to be at least 5”5 or 5”6. I know that I’m done growing, don’t want to waste any more time waiting. I’m in the US and doing research on doctors thanks for the website. Do any of you think it’s possible to gain 6” and how long would it take for me to be functional?

AnotherLLer

Re: How long does it take to lengthen 6 inches?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2024, 10:26:36 PM »

6 inches is too much at your starting height. Nobody should lengthen 6 inches IMO. Now, you can do external tibia without nails up to 6 cm safely. Your short tibia might not accommodate internal nails and external only might be your only solution. With femurs though, only internal nails are recommended and since femur is a long bone, I think the smallest PRECICE nail should fit in your femur.

If you're going to lengthen both segments, I advice you to do 1.5 inches on tibia and 2 inches on femur and stop at 5'3'5, which is a decent female height and your arms will no longer appear that long with +2.5 inch wingspan.

Forget about 6 inches, even 5 inches is pushing it for your starting height. Aim for 3.5 inches to be extra safe. Do fully external tibia for 1.5 inches and then femur for 2 inches or vice versa.

pixiefairy

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2024, 12:56:01 AM »

Okay thank you! It makes sense. I was thinking of going to Paley and getting option 3 (5cm tibia and 8cm femur, 3 weeks apart) He seems to be praised here so I was wondering if that was safe? It’s basically 5 inches and I’m fine with that

AnotherLLer

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2024, 08:07:10 PM »

Simultaneous quadrilateral is the worst thing you can do when doing LL. Do the one segment first, recover and go for the other segment when ready.
Pages: [1]   Go Up