Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My measurements  (Read 236 times)

userLi

• Visitor
My measurements
« on: May 24, 2024, 12:22:45 PM »

Hi, I would love to be around 180 cm and I'd like to know if my proportions would allow so
Height: 164 cm
Wingspan: 159 cm (I also checked the distance between my hand and my knee just to be safe: 17cm)
Tibia: 39 cm
Femur: 41 cm

AnotherLLer

Re: My measurements
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2024, 01:00:59 PM »

Forget about 180 cm unless you wan't to look like a freak and risk your functionality.

Stick with the safe numbers and those are between 10-15% of original bone lengths which can only be determined by x-rays (your measurements are wildly inaccurate).

Do one LL first, heal completely and then decide if and when to do the other segment.

I recommend starting with tibia as it's relatively cheap and safe with experienced doctor. Avoid nailing and stick with 5-5.5 cm max for less risks of ballerina feet, nerve damage or non-union. Expect about a year of your life living with frames but it does worth it for solid 2 inches at your height.

You have to avoid nailing in tibia for 3 reasons:

1. It can cause persistent knee discomfort
2. It's more invasive and requires another surgery for nail removal
3. It's much more expensive than traditional Ilizarov method

With added 5 solid cm in your tibia, you will hover just 1 cm under the 170 cm mark which is very normal height for males and although still short, it's nowhere near being less than 165 cm.

Regarding your armspan, either you're measuring it wrong or you actually have short arms for your height. Either way, 5 cm in tibia won't make it that worse so forget about it and just do it.

If you decide to do femurs after healing completely (it will take about 2-3 years to heal 99% from first LL surgery, especially from tibia LL) never go above 5 cm on that segment too if you want to recover well and look normal. Forget about crazy numbers Turkish advertisers show you on their social media channels and never go there if you value your health.

I recommend going in Russia or in India with Parihar if you're budget conscious. IMO, Giotikas is expensive for pure external tibia and you can get the same results in Russia for 1/3 of the cost or with Parihar in India for half a cost.

For femurs, forget about LON method forever. The complication rates are too high and if you get the deep bone infection, you're fked for life.

PRECICE MAX is the only way to go with femurs. But, I would never undergo such invasive surgery in third world countries. Either you become a millionaire or save very aggressively working in a first world country to get it done in about 5 years starting from saving. There's no other way around it.

Internal femur is much more invasive and requires top-notch surgeon and aftercare team, so it doesn't worth it risking in 3rd world countries. Even in Turkey where they're anticipating getting PRECICE MAX nail, I wouldn't go there. IMO, USA is the best country for internal femurs with PRECICE MAX but it can be done in Korea with Lee for a little cheaper. Maybe Giotikas is worth it in EU but I'd go with Lee if I had the money.

Bottom line: don't cheap out on either segment. Start with fully external tibia and stop at 5 or 5.5 cm max in order to avoid complications and reduce healing time. Don't go with someone who is incapable of correcting the deformities. This means that you shouldn't go in India unless you're going with Parihar (all the other LL docs are butchers there AFAIK), Turkey (doesn't worth it at all) and other  holes where they do this surgery.

Legit external tibia options sorted with most expensive to least expensive order:

1. Lee in Korea
2. Giotikas in Greece
3. Pili in Italy
4. Parihar in India
5. A handful of legit Russian docs with proven track record of tibia lengthening and correction with Ilizarov frames

Never do tibia with monorails if you don't want to get very bad misalignments. Even if you do LON with monorails like they do in Turkey, you will still get misalignements. Only do with TSF or fully circular Ilizarov frames with hexapod corrections.

For femur, it's better to wait PRECICE MAX nail and not rush in with PRECICE 2 or other IM nails they offer in EU. You will need about 2-3 years to recover from tibia anyways so by that time PRECICE MAX will be tested and verified if it's a capable and safe method.
Pages: [1]   Go Up