161-165cm
- 12 (16.9%)
166 -170cm
- 20 (28.2%)
171cm and over
- 33 (46.5%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Tall are You?  (Read 17621 times)

Muse

Re: How Tall are You?
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 11:24:14 PM »

Check out the thread regarding Consultation with Dr Guichet and Dr Paley, might be helpful.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=61.0

Sweden

« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2013, 11:41:50 PM »

In some way I'm not fond of Dr Betz. How can he sit there and say "yes, go ahead and shoot for 11cm on femurs!"

It sound so irresponsible.

I know many that did 10+ on femurs only and it must look totally sick.
The doctor from Belgian who introduced HLN to Dr Sarin told me he had many patients who successfully did even 12cm on femurs.

I want to meet such a person one time in my life.
Sure, if he just stands there maybe it's undetectable. I wonder if they ever feel repulsed by looking as weird as they do after such an amount of lengthening?
Even if you do like "Tall" on old forum  and even it out with 6cm on tibia your total height gain exceeds 15+cm and you will be a spider and looking weird bc of that.

Yes, I regret doing 7cm. My tibias look too long compared to my femurs but it's nothing I feel bad about more then bc I suffer from bad ballerina.
I am going to even it out with 6cm on femurs but then I'll be passing my wingspan with 6cm. NOT something I'm very fond of either!

---------------

There is also another aspect of this(hold on)! I remember when I got to the guesthouse and EVERYONE I looked at who did 7cm looked good with my eyes back then so this repulsed feeling I have COULD be bc my heels pass my butt when trying to sit on my knees(I can't do that) and some comments my friends has thrown.

My wife can't see anything wrong with my legs except with my strange walking and large lack of muscles that she misses so bad she told me.

No, she doesn't want me to do my femurs. "I'm perfect the way I am".
But I feel I need to do it. I never want to think: "What if?"
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

EyeLevel

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2013, 12:21:30 AM »

Excellent post Sweden.

The candor was perfect.

I will never do Betz now for the reason you have pointed out.

He wants your money, not to look out for your well-being.

Blackhawk

« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2013, 04:03:18 AM »

Sweden,

I have seen many of the pics you posted and I do not think your tibs look too long.

I think most people can do 7cm and look fine.

Doflamingo

« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 09:49:23 PM »

You should all be happy; I'm 157cm MALE...

The View

« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2014, 11:02:39 PM »

What about Betz? I was convinced that I'd do femurs with Betz, but now I wouldn't dare go there unless there is a weight-bearing nail he uses that doesn't constantly break.
-----------------------------

As for Guichet, he's one of the best. You have to prove to him that you're worthy of leg lengthening by being in good physical condition and whatever tests he puts you through. He does this because he doesn't want patients who will succumb to complications due to their laziness or stupidity.

Paley's technology is the best, but Guichet is the best on price and results.

Oh and don't bother with Dr. Mahboubian, he has SysOp and Tall on his payroll.

What do you mean by Guichet is best on results? Recovery ? do you believe he gets better results than Paley? is this due to his thorough preparation ? If someone was to combine Guichet's preparation with surgery from Paley would that theoretically be best way ?

Taller

« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2014, 11:16:29 PM »

Wow, at 33 votes, the largest group of respondents is people 171 CM and over. What are you all's dream heights?

Sweden

« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2014, 11:28:05 PM »

Dream height is 188. My brother is 188.....

But I really wanted 186.

Now I am undecided. I CAN achieve ~185 but I'm afraid I will look weird cartoonish.
Maybe I can get away with it if I bulk up, but that's not my style.
My sitting height is also below everyone else who is natural 180 and that makes me uncomfortable as it is.
Imagine me being 185......
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Taller

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2014, 01:47:48 AM »

I say go for your dream, man! If you feel like you are really a 185 CM guy in a 179 guy's body, then, by all means, go for it. If it really won't help your self image, then save the time and money.  But I really don't think going to 185 will give you unnatural proportions. You said on old forum  that everyone is naturally proportional, but not everyone has the same proportions. Well, there are 185 CM guys with 93 CM sitting heights. They aren't as uncommon as you might think. And there are quite a few guys around whose legs are longer than their whole upper bodies. There are even Caucasian/European men with these proportions, naturally. Take, for example, Conan O'brien:

He's only rich and famous, but he doesn't look that bad. I see guys with legs like his, or longer, so often that I sometimes wonder if LL is secretly super common lol.

In theory, once you're fully recovered, you will have the proportions of an Olympic runner. Not bad, eh? My dream height is also 188 CM. That's my dad's height, which I never even came close to. With 2 LL's though, maybe, it can be a reality. We just have to look at the proportions glass (sorry for the lame analogy) half full. If people point out long legs, we can say that they're awesome, and make us crazy fast (if soft tissue is fully recovered, this would be an anatomical reality, given you're in shape). Plus it has to be at least a bit entertaining if people pick on you for being short while sitting down, and then you stand up and suddenly tower over them and get to see the look on their faces change. There are plenty of stories like this on the internet. Just google "long legs man short torso", it's very reassuring.

And, you'll be able to tell yourself that genetics and nature couldn't stop you from becoming the person you wanted to be.

Adriano

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2014, 02:23:44 AM »

Wait a Minute

That picture of Conan is real?

I thought it was a mock up until i read your entire post!!

BilateralDamage

« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2014, 02:30:12 AM »

Just look at this gif of him dancing on the table!

Taller

« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2014, 02:50:38 AM »

Wait a Minute

That picture of Conan is real?

I thought it was a mock up until i read your entire post!!

It's real alright! He used to make jokes about his long legs on his show all the time, but it was obvious that he was/is really proud of them. Can't say I blame him (although I could do without those pants), given that his legs are the reason he's 6'4/194 CM.

ewt

« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2014, 12:50:35 AM »

I'm currently 5'7 (170cm) would like to be at least 5'11 (180cm)
still saving some money to do the surgery
anybody know good doctor that have cheap price? i'm not really rich  :(
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up