Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long John Silver in the Orient - Dr Xia  (Read 34694 times)

LittleLiam

Re: Long John Silver in the Orient - Dr Xia
« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2015, 12:05:18 PM »

Its just over three months since my second operation.  Its taken me longer to recover than I had expected. Ive finally arrived back to my apartment today to live on my own again. I stayed with a gf since I arrived back to Sydney on Jan 1.  I can walk / hobble without crutches but I still have some consolidation to go. Ive put on some weigh to 72 kilos which is good for 174.  I haven't had the appetite to start uploading my diary as Im been too busy recovering and trying to earn money again.  My life is definitely different though as I have a cool confidence and almost never get stressed or lose my cool. Men respect me totally even if they are drunk and women like when I smile at them. Life is good ;-)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new height and doing better.  I don't think you're recovering slowly.  3 months after the 2nd surgery is about when I ditched the crutches too.

I can't want to read your LL diary now that it's all over.

KrP1

« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2015, 06:04:36 AM »

Have you got knee pain?

LittleLiam

« Reply #96 on: July 12, 2015, 09:01:36 AM »

Havn't signed on to this site for a long time.  Its weird because for yearsI was on here nearly every night and originally the other site when I first got interested in LL about 5 years ago. 

It's so good being normal height and on Friday a woman who had seen me before said I hadn't realised you were so tall ;-)

I really feel very lucky and especially that I went for Tibia lengthening considering the things I saw in China that happened to folks who went for external femur lengthening.  Very bad.   Don't ever anybody consider external femur lengthening with that monorail.  The femur is too strong and at an angle so only internal will work satisfactorily for femurs.

Tibia takes a lot longer to heal but average surgeons can do a "good" job.

My life has changed dramatically for the better since the operation and I've been too busy living it to even want to spend updating this diary as I had promised many I would, sorry.

Now that I'm actively back at the gym and doing sports again and walking taller I hope I find the time over the next year to contribute back to the forum and help potential LL's the way I was helped and inspired.

Now some eight months since my rods were inserted my bones are stronger than before and have fully consolidated around the titanium rods.

I also got my best job ever on crutches for the interview in March and am earning twice what I was earning before and believe my height was a factor or perhaps my increased confidence.

If there's anything you want to ask or anyway I can help please sen me your questions or concerns

Liam

LittleLiam

« Reply #97 on: July 12, 2015, 09:03:08 AM »

No knee pain anymore, no pain at all, just normal now. 

Thegosis

• Tibias - Beijing Dr Xia - Fixated 27nov13
« Reply #98 on: July 12, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »

Will you go back to Beijing to have the rods removed? When will that be?
167cm at 27 November 2013 to 175cm in mid-May 2014
Patient of Surgeons Peng and Zhao in Beijing
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=178.0
Possible 183cm, Dr Shah in Mumbai from Feb '15 (PRECICE II femurs)
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1663.0

LittleLiam

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2015, 12:31:41 PM »

Never :-)

GoTaller

• Visitor
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »

Hi Liam, it's  been quite a while that I've been on this website also. I'm glad that you had recovered. I was wondering if you can go back and put your recovery on a timeline such as those painfull phase of struggles you had to endure to where everything was back to normal.  For example, the start date of surgery to end date of Lengthening,  how long it takes you to stretch out your Bent Knee,  how long it takes you to stretch out the umbrella feet problem, when you're able to use crutches, etc..
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up