Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Mangal Parihar (Mumbai India)- Mangal Anand Hospital  (Read 119987 times)

Iamready

Re: 2017 Price Update- Dr. Parihar
« Reply #93 on: January 25, 2017, 11:01:24 PM »

I have chronic exertional compartment syndrome so I can barely run without the pressure in my shins building up so much that it hurts. Once I get a fasciotomy and recover from that then I think the only real long term differences from pre-CLL are that my legs fall asleep more easily than before and my ankle dorsiflexion isn't as good.

Is this pain in your muscle?  My actual bone aches when I run. Right where the doctor put in a big screw to straighten my Tibias out.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: 2017 Price Update- Dr. Parihar
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2017, 01:03:43 AM »

How was it getting around during consolidation when you came back home? Because I'm currently in community college and plan on doing my last semester online before I transfer out to either UCSB or hopefully UCLA (I live in LA). Which means I will be consolidating the summer before I start university and during my first fall quarter. What's mobility like in the months post CLL.?

Do you think you'll ever gain back you ankle flexibility and cure your Cecs? What has Dr. a Parihar said about it?  Does the hospital have Wifi? Missing a week and not being able to study might set me back if take classes online.

I was reading on one of your posts in which you said Dr. Parihar said , the pain is less if you are occupying your mind with something. Did you have energy to do stuff while lengthening or where you always tired?

Sorry, I have a lot of questions, lol. But Dr. Parihar hasn't responded to my email. Only I've been talking to his assistant Dr. Ahuja.

Getting around was difficult initially. I had to use my wheelchair because I had a bit of ballerina left and I'd tip over and fall if I didn't hold onto a walker, which took a long time. Plus the wires near the ankles caused a bit of pain if I moved around too much. Cases where I was forced to use the stairs I had to lower myself to the ground and pull myself up each step while seated. When I was able to walk after the ballerina had lessened enough, it just took a very long time to get anywhere.

My ankle flexion has no issue but dorsiflexion will probably always be slightly worse than before I had surgery, no matter what stretching I do. Only way to improve it to pre-CLL levels would be an Achilles tendon lengthening or a gastroc-soleus recession, I think. Although I have read that CECS can inhibit dorsiflexion, so it's possible that after I'm treated for it it will improve slightly. CECS treatment is usually successful, but I'll have to wear walking braces for a while again and won't be able to do any strenuous physical activity on the legs for an additional few months. Right now I'm just trying to find an appropriate time window to request surgery. I haven't spoken to Dr Parihar about it, although he's treated people for it before. I'm getting mine treated locally though since I have a Kaiser HMO Platinum Plan through my job and surgery is only going to cost me $150.

When I was at Mangal Anand there was only wifi on Dr Parihar's floor, which is right above the patient ward. If I really had to use the internet they'd take me to his floor to connect to wifi, but if you bring a wifi dongle you should be set.

I was often tired and would take a lot of naps, but I'd be able to play Skyrim on PS3 or watch movies and stuff, which did help with pain at times. Showering, cleaning the pin sites, and replacing the gauze would usually take 2 hours and I'd immediately want to fall asleep after that. The problem is the frames are very uncomfortable and combined with the lengthening discomfort, you can go some nights without getting any sleep at all. I once went two days unable to sleep and I had to request sleeping pills, which just barely helped. You can get some studying done, but almost everyone usually feels too exhausted to get much productive done.

Is this pain in your muscle?  My actual bone aches when I run. Right where the doctor put in a big screw to straighten my Tibias out.

Once I was able to run again I initially had a bone pain in the middle of my shins where Dr Parihar added the additional pins for stabilization during my second surgery, but that eventually went away. If yours is coming where the screw was inserted, then that will probably go away too in a few more months.

The pain is in the muscle and it comes from too much pressure building up in those compartments. Dr Parihar cut the fascia in one spot on each leg, likely to prevent this issue happening later, but looks like I'll need to get it in 1 or 2 more areas. I believe I had CECS to a lesser degree before CLL since I couldn't run long and I mistakenly thought it was due to being overweight, but I think lengthening exacerbated the issue since my muscles have to work harder than before when running.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

onemorefoot

Re: Dr Mangal Parihar (Mumbai India)- Mangal Anand Hospital
« Reply #95 on: February 20, 2017, 06:17:16 AM »

There is one detail I still dont understand, if you get equinus early, would he release the tendon or tell you to stop lengthening?'
Budget will determine my future.

egocentrical

« Reply #96 on: February 27, 2017, 11:47:55 AM »

If you proved you were to have adequate support at home and was able to converse with an orthopedic at home, do you think they would allow you to lengthen at home? I really dislike the idea being anywhere I don't want to be for long period of time which is why I'm still contemplating injury spinal centre.

onemorefoot

« Reply #97 on: February 27, 2017, 09:20:15 PM »

He wont allow you, he had a patient lengthening at home and developed severe equinus.

egocentrical

« Reply #98 on: February 27, 2017, 10:31:27 PM »

why do lazy fks ruin it for other people -.-

onemorefoot

« Reply #99 on: February 27, 2017, 11:03:19 PM »

He doesnt want to do cross-lengthening, some bad experiences should have happened.

egocentrical

« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2017, 11:14:55 PM »

does he perform LON? If so, anyone know the cost?

onemorefoot

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2017, 02:35:20 AM »

14k USD for the surgery.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2017, 03:43:41 AM »

does he perform LON? If so, anyone know the cost?
in inr 10Lacs whih include nails...and just extrrnal 9Lac
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

%BXpY2rYwZ$rkiE$Fz6nh#oQY6yY#7J

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2017, 11:10:06 PM »

His email does not work anymore (comes back with a failure)
Are any of you in here, aware of maybe a new email adress?

Pope

« Reply #104 on: March 13, 2017, 01:51:57 AM »

Update:
Price went up and the cost is now ~$15,038 USD (1000000 inr)

Email from Dr. Divya:

For LON the cost is Rupees 10,00,000 (includes hospital cost and the cost of implants). Besides these the other expenses after discharge from hospital would be around US $1500-1700 - these would be for medication, followup, xrays, physiotherapy if needed at the hotel, dressing material for pin site care.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2017, 02:49:43 AM »

Looks like it's just to combat the weakening rupee against the dollar. New price is the USD amount I paid in 2014.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #106 on: March 13, 2017, 03:52:16 AM »

Update:
Price went up and the cost is now ~$15,038 USD (1000000 inr)

Email from Dr. Divya:

For LON the cost is Rupees 10,00,000 (includes hospital cost and the cost of implants). Besides these the other expenses after discharge from hospital would be around US $1500-1700 - these would be for medication, followup, xrays, physiotherapy if needed at the hotel, dressing material for pin site care.
the price for lon is Rs 10,00,000 but for pure externals it still is Rs. 9,00,000
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Whereintheworld?

« Reply #107 on: March 13, 2017, 03:18:36 PM »

why do lazy fks ruin it for other people -.-
Sometimes it cannot be avoided, you simply have a natural limit.
I wore the foot holders every night and always had my feet in some type of stretch during the day, but I still ended up getting stiff. At 5.4 turned I was in great shape, at 6.4 I would have needed achilles lengthening if not for the physical therapy.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2017, 02:08:50 AM »

Sometimes it cannot be avoided, you simply have a natural limit.
I wore the foot holders every night and always had my feet in some type of stretch during the day, but I still ended up getting stiff. At 5.4 turned I was in great shape, at 6.4 I would have needed achilles lengthening if not for the physical therapy.

In the case of Dr Parihar's cosmetic patient, he was told not to go over 6 cm and he lengthened to 8 cm while at home anyway. It's because of that case that he no longer allows lengthening outside of Mumbai.

SAveteran

« Reply #109 on: March 15, 2017, 08:52:01 AM »

Anyone can contact Dr Parihar?, seems the email info@ilizarov.in doesn't work

egocentrical

« Reply #110 on: March 15, 2017, 02:03:35 PM »

I understand the natural limit aspect and it also sounds like you did this fully aware of what was needed of you but as kilokhan pointed out - a CLL patient who didn't listen ruined it for anyone else who wants to lengthen at home

alps

« Reply #111 on: March 15, 2017, 03:45:23 PM »

I don't think it's a hard rule. He might agree if you have reasonable expectations and express a good understanding of LL. He doesn't do too many cosmetic cases, so I doubt he has a strict rule.

egocentrical

« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2017, 04:12:31 PM »

Its a bit of whim as it would probably need to be confirmed in consultation and if no - then it would be a wasted tripped, plus not feeling the whole just leave without the doctor knowing as well ...

Penguinn

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2017, 04:24:16 PM »

I don't think it's a hard rule. He might agree if you have reasonable expectations and express a good understanding of LL. He doesn't do too many cosmetic cases, so I doubt he has a strict rule.

I highly doubt he'll let anyone lengthen at home. His analogy was: Knee replacement is like carpentry, you operate and that's it. Limb lengthening is like gardening, you(the surgeon) need to constantly tend to it.

Lymphocyte

• Visitor
« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2017, 11:14:41 PM »

Hey, KiloKAHN. I was wondering how you found the best accommodation and transport for your surgery. I'm not Indian, so I'm afraid my expenses would be higher, or I'd make a bad decision. Which accommodation did you choose?

rasteride

• Visitor
« Reply #115 on: June 26, 2017, 08:19:31 AM »

Hi, would anybody know Dr. Parihar's email?

rami

« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2017, 04:38:03 PM »

Does he also make internal? If yes what is the price of internal?

onemorefoot

« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2017, 05:41:28 PM »

Does he also make internal? If yes what is the price of internal?
50-52 k USD including staying.

Stadiometers

• Esquire "Esq."
Re: Dr Mangal Parihar (Mumbai India)- 2018 Price Update
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2018, 11:10:57 PM »

Conversion to U.S. Dollar: 14-January-2018

LON: 9 Lakhs = 900,000 Indian Rupees = $14,150

PRECICE: 32 Lakhs = 32,000,000 Indian Rupees = $50,300

Link: https://sites.google.com/site/cllrpatients/faqs/cosmeticlengthening
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:33:25 PM by Stadiometers »

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #119 on: May 06, 2018, 05:45:14 PM »

Was told by Dr Parihar that he has used the Precice on 5 patients. 3 cosmetic femur patients, one of which was international, and 2 unilateral tibia patients for limb length discrepency, who were both local. Seems like there are a lot of people in Mumbai who have that kind of money for Precice and inquire about it often.

Johnson1111

« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2018, 11:31:35 AM »

Here are videos of Dr. Parihar doing voice over commentary on a surgery he performed where he uses LON for a case of tibial hemimelia. You get to see what this sort of operation looks like while the patient is under anesthesia.

*Not for the squeamish.

Is precise 2 as barbaric? Any videos of the procedure with precise 2?

Android

« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »

Is precise 2 as barbaric? Any videos of the procedure with precise 2?

A bit off topic, but yes. Whichever method you choose, it's quite grisly. The difference being that externals look the part for much longer.

5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Johnson1111

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2018, 10:27:23 PM »

A bit off topic, but yes. Whichever method you choose, it's quite grisly. The difference being that externals look the part for much longer.

Thank you Android you are always very helpful.

It is what it is I guess. Anyone who can go through this is a brave warrior and there is nothing that can be said otherwise.

myloginacct

« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2018, 10:33:06 PM »

The surgeries are grisly, but you won't be watching and feeling it from third person.

Someone here once said his peak CLL pain level was the highest he ever felt in his life, and he mentioned he had gotten hit by a car before.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up