Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shortkid Precice 2 Internal Femurs Undecided Dr. Paley (incompleted)  (Read 5906 times)

shortkid

I had my consultation with doctor paley earlier today. It went really well and he was able to answer all my concerns which helped a lot. At this point the only thing that is holding me back is proportions. I was measured at 162cm. I have a wingspan of about 5'5 and a half. My femur is already long compared to my tibias and my torso is very small. He said my tibia is to femur ratio is about 3/4 and after the surgery it would be 2/3. After talking to someone yesterday who was currently lengthening, she said that she would recommend 6.5cm at the most. I have to say I really want the full 8cm because it would put me right at 5'7 which is the minimum height I would like to live with. Doing tibs and femurs is out of the question for me though. Anyway here is my mock up of 8cm. If someone with photoshop could please make me a mock up with 6.5cm I would really appreciate it! If anyone has any questions maybe I can help since Paley answered a bunch of mine today. Lmk what you guys think please. (BTW I will be editing this with my exact tibia and femur measurements tomorrow when paley emails me back).

Wingspan: 5'5 1/2
Height: 162cm
Tibia lengths: 34.
Femur lengths: 44.1
Torso height: 73.5
Typical femur ratio: 80-82%, mine starting is 77%

original photo: http://s112.photobucket.com/user/shortkid2/media/newprop_zpsf79f4b01.jpg.html?o=2

with 8cm: http://s112.photobucket.com/user/shortkid2/media/newprops_zps1decb7b0.jpg.html?o=0
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 01:05:32 AM by shortkid »

theuprising

Re: Shortkid Precice 2 Internal Femurs Undecided Dr. Paley (incompleted)
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 10:32:05 PM »

It does look off at 8 cm and from what I've seen and been told by LL vets 5cm over wingspan is the max you usually want to go. That girl who said 6.5cm was being truthful.

shortkid

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 10:36:31 PM »

Thank you. Now i have to see what 6.5 would look like. I cant imagine 1cm making much of a difference proportion wise tho,

theuprising

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 10:42:21 PM »

True although in your case you still want to make it worth your while so 6.5cm is a trade off. You'd look more proportional at 5cm but is it then worth the time and money?

shortkid

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2014, 10:43:32 PM »

Ya not for 5. Just thinking if I want to be 5'6 with bad proportions or 5'4 with good ones. :/

programdude

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 11:00:28 PM »

You already know what I think based off coops proportions. But I say go with whatever your comfortable with, not a surgery you want to regret.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Taller

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2014, 11:56:32 PM »

Lengthen 5CM and see if you feel like continuing at that point.

shortkid

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 12:00:16 AM »

Can anyone do a mock up of 6.5 for me
Please? I don't have photoshop :/

Mw1245

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 12:24:47 AM »

what is your sitting height ?

shortkid

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 12:40:13 AM »

I'm not sure, terrible tho

shortkid

« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2014, 01:08:34 AM »

Updated the post with my torso height and more

thetallerman

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2014, 06:38:49 AM »

Updated the post with my torso height and more

Hey it's me, same guy from old forum  who did your picture. An important thing to realize is you have the sides of your underwear pulled up in your picture which makes your femurs look longer. I'm pretty sure that if you wore the boxers down you would look totally fine. Also, in clothing no one will have any idea you had surgery. My two cents. My friend, getting to 5'7 will be a vast improvement for you, getting the full 8 cm is definitely worth it if your body can handle that much.

I'm also curious, where do you live? I know you said Paley, but some people travel from out of country.

Also arm lengthening may be something you want to consider if you repeat this surgery for a second lengthening. I've know plenty of black guys with short torsos and long legs and they look fine, you'd just want longer arms if you notice them appearing too short. You may be surprised, however, how few people actually notice any disproportionality. Most don't know about LL and so any uneveness seems to be just something unique about you or goes completely unnoticed and almost never brings up red flags that you had something cosmetically adjusted.
Current Height: 5'7 (~170cm)
Desired Height: 5'9.5 or 5'10
Wingspan: 179.7cm / 5'10.75

Average US Male Height: 176.5 / 5'9.5 (CDC report)

Taller

« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2014, 06:20:03 PM »

What's wrong with lengthening 5CM on your femurs, which will already be a noticeable improvement, and then seeing then if you feel that your proportions can handle another 3CM?

If they can, then keep going!
Pages: [1]   Go Up