Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hit my exfix against the door  (Read 1963 times)

Hit my exfix against the door
« on: September 05, 2014, 05:03:39 PM »

Hi guys.

Wanted to ask if anyone here hit his exfix by accident really hard against a door or something else. That happened to me yesterday and now it's swollen on the side I hit it.

Will the swelling just decrease or what should i except?

TRS

Re: Hit my exfix against the door
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 05:22:42 PM »

Hey 123
Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm not a exfix patient but I'm curious which doctor performed the surgery on you? Are you thinking about starting a diary?
The swelling most likely be due to the trauma and should subside within the next few days. Have you raised this with your doctor?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 05:47:25 PM »

I fell while wearing my frames and more than a few times hit my frames together when I  first had a walker that was too narrow for me. You should be okay but if you're really concerned it's best to get an x-ray if possible just to soothe your mind.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 07:00:05 PM »

Hey 123
Sorry to hear about your accident. I'm not a exfix patient but I'm curious which doctor performed the surgery on you? Are you thinking about starting a diary?
The swelling most likely be due to the trauma and should subside within the next few days. Have you raised this with your doctor?

Thank you for your kind words. I think my doctor wouldn't be really happy if I mentioned his name here because I'm his only CLL-patient and he doesn't really like to do CLL, but I was able to persuade him :D. He is a very renowned a orthopedic surgeon, I don't think it would be good manners to mention him here. Also I don't want to start a diary because I'm almost over with this procedure and because I think it is better to keep this secret. But if you have any questions just drop me a PM.

I haven't called my doctor yet because he only works until 5PM on Fridays, so I guess I'll call him on Monday.

I fell while wearing my frames and more than a few times hit my frames together when I  first had a walker that was too narrow for me. You should be okay but if you're really concerned it's best to get an x-ray if possible just to soothe your mind.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one :D. Thanks for your advice :).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 10:43:28 PM »

This happened to me too.  My leg was resting on a chair and slid off and crashed onto the ground like dead weight.  The Ilizarov frame and the pins were fine.  Fortunately, it's hard to damage those things.
Pages: [1]   Go Up