Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi I'm a young swede not anytime soon considering surgery am I still welcome?  (Read 19567 times)

Polycrates.

• Tyrant and Legatus Augusti pro praetore of LL Forum
Re: Hi I'm a young swede not anytime soon considering surgery am I still welcome?
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2014, 06:01:26 PM »

I said the studies you provided most likely include the youth not of Scandinavian origin, and that may have brought the average down a tad. Here's the article for the new law passed:

https://news.vice.com/article/sweden-plans-to-thwart-racism-by-eliminating-the-mention-of-race-from-its-laws
Tibial LON for 6cm- Nov 2013, Dr Sringari -177/178cm to 183/184cm
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

endomorphisme

Re: Hi I'm a young swede not anytime soon considering surgery am I still welcome?
« Reply #63 on: September 07, 2014, 06:21:35 PM »

the studies are based on conscription which is still compulsory in norway and denmark for every young men no matter if they are ethnic scandinavian or not but i don't think they bring the average height down a lot, i don't think they have an impact (this is what i read in the norwegian study)

Wannabegiant

« Reply #64 on: September 07, 2014, 06:24:47 PM »

Its true the immigrants here make the average go down a bit, but i dont think people who live in Sweden would exclude non-ethnic swedes when they are outsdide and comparing their height to everyone else.

It doesnt matter what race they are, all that matters is the people around you, how does their height compare to your own? i guess they might feel short for their race sometimes, but there are several other types of white people here, not all of them are tall.

Uppland

« Reply #65 on: September 07, 2014, 07:14:37 PM »

Don't see how that law is ridiculous to be honest but to each their own.
Never heard of Vice news either, in their "about" section they claim to "shine a light on underreported stories around the globe" and "Bringing you an unvarnished look at some of the most important events".

The comments appear somewhat insane the internet really is a melting pot for all sorts of people.

GeTs

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2014, 07:39:40 PM »

wait 1-2 years to do the surgery, u might grow a bit even 1 cm would be good, then you will probably be 179-181 at your lowest (since you said you're 178-179 i assume at your lowest) and do 4-4,5 cm , doctors say the taller you're initially the more your body can lengthen, but still don't go with the maximum available. Then you should be around 6'1 at your lowest, which if it's a matter of number you can always claim 186/187, the reason i said 4-5 cm is because if you do this amount your tibias will probably still look shorter than your femurs , in other words "natural"

Uppland

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2014, 08:25:30 PM »

Okay I read  wannabegiant's diary and it sounded tough but not terrible like I imagined. I'll start saving money and who knows I might go for 4-5 cm considering I have sligtly longer legs. WNB if you're still reading here how is your recovery coming along and will you keep us updated long enough to see if you make it back 100%?

Wannabegiant

« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2014, 09:08:33 PM »

Okay I read  wannabegiant's diary and it sounded tough but not terrible like I imagined. I'll start saving money and who knows I might go for 4-5 cm considering I have sligtly longer legs. WNB if you're still reading here how is your recovery coming along and will you keep us updated long enough to see if you make it back 100%?

Yeah definitely, i feel like i have recovered a lot already, legs feel light and agile despite having the extra weight of the frames on them, no pain at all, full range of motion, walking on floors feels almost completely normal and i look almost completely normal too walking, and i can walk fast as well and good stability and balance. If i concentrate on walking i can make it look just like before LL, but it wont be long until i will be able to walk normal automatically without any effort.

Its harder walking outside with sloping and uneven ground though, but its getting easier every time i try it too. Also some of this difficulty is simply due to the ankle pins sligthly restricting my feets ability to bend fully, so when i get frames removed it will be even easier right away.

Il keep updating but once my frames are removed within a month il be here more rarely since i need to get back into my life as quickly as possible, lots of goals i need to achieve fast. probaböy il post an update once a month and tell about my recovery, but at this rate i think i will be close to 100% next summer, and i think at most 6 months after that i will be completely recovered 100% and doing sports at the same level as before LL. When i feel like i am completely recovered i will probably stop posting here completely unless some problem arises in the far future, but from what ive learned about this surgery and in my personal case that doesnt seem likely to happen.

Uppland

« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2014, 09:22:11 PM »

Marvelous good for you mate. How is your new height, do you feel different about yourself?
Do you plan on uploading videos (not that you need to it has been done I think) and do you have any tips for me that may be considering this stuff?

Gichelu

« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

do you have any tips for me that may be considering this stuff?
The world is a diagonal. I am the balancing point.

Wannabegiant

« Reply #71 on: September 07, 2014, 09:35:03 PM »

Marvelous good for you mate. How is your new height, do you feel different about yourself?
Do you plan on uploading videos (not that you need to it has been done I think) and do you have any tips for me that may be considering this stuff?

I planned on doing a video but i always have that in the back of my head that if i post something online it will be there forever, and a video even if i take precautions might be too revealing about me. Especially now that i can expect people who live relatively close to where i live (like you living in Uppland) will join this site.

So im still undecided. il get new x-rays next week though and i will post them for sure.

As for how i feel, i feel awesome, its like the added height improved my proportions (my arms/wingspan seemed to be to long in comparison to my original height) and i can clearly see that i will look much better in all types of clothes (especially after i bulk up)

Its also very obvious to me that my new height better matches my very masculine facial features, i have a very manly face but my height made me feel and probably look less manly next to many of the taller guys with "baby faces", that problem is solved now.

most of all, i feel i have no apparent weakness anymore, there is nothing about me that anyone could use against me to make me feel bad or look bad. So my confidence is through the roof. I need to buy some new clothes and focus more on my dressing style and as mentioned work out to become bigger, and then take some new selfies and post them on fb. After that i just need to improve my social life by going out partying more like i used to and meet new people, travel and stuff, finish my education and get an apartment and my drivers license.  These are things i put on hold because i was depressed but now it will be fun to go after it, its like my life is starting first now for real.

GeTs

« Reply #72 on: September 07, 2014, 09:42:47 PM »

video from behind , or with something on your head

Sweden

« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2014, 10:40:42 PM »

The average height for native swedes are ~185.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Uppland

« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2014, 10:56:04 PM »

What height would you say is the minimum to be labeled tall here sweden?
Do agree 185 sounds good for native swedes yet I've always thought my dad (187) to be kind of tall and our acquaintances are all very much swedish with the occassional american, french and australian.

Polycrates.

« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2014, 11:02:56 PM »

As was stated earlier in the thread, the mode of heights in developed northwestern European nations is close to the average height. This means that the most frequently occurring height is 185cm and most guys will be that height or +/- a cm or so, and there is a small standard of deviation. This is why guys only a few inches shorter than the average feel as if they are being constantly towered over. Similarly, guys an inch or two over the average could probably get away with the tall label.

The ridiculous deviations and differences (like 6+ inches) from average, common in North America seem to be rarer in Europe. This is probably due to more ethnic homogeneity, social balance and equality. Only a few inches difference in Europe seem to cause the same distress it would take many inches to cause for people in North America. So this seems advantageous for prospective Euro LLers since their height increase can put them on an even plane rather than making a 6 inches difference merely become 4.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 12:07:22 AM by Polycrates. »
Prospective Femoral Lengthening w/ Precise 3 (if out) Nail for 7cm- Jan 2019, Dr Birkholtz -183/184cm to 190/191cm

And it was here that he professed to his disciples: all of life's bounties lay somewhere upon the dreaded bell curve

Uppland

« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2014, 11:11:52 PM »

As was stated earlier in the thread, the mode of heights in developed northwestern European nations is close to the average height. This means that the most frequently occurring height is 185cm and most guys will be that height or +/- a cm or so, and there is a small standard of deviation. This is why guys only a few inches shorter than the average feel as if they are being constantly towered over. Similarly, guys an inch or two over the average could probably get away with the tall label.

Interesting that would explain a lot to be honest. Do you have a source on that though?
I'm inclined to believe you anyway it sure matches my experience.

Polycrates.

« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2014, 11:13:08 PM »

Just go to the height percentiles chart and observe how sharply the percentiles drop with only a few cm shorter than the average.

crimsontide

« Reply #78 on: September 07, 2014, 11:19:35 PM »

the reason for the variation in america is because of a   steady influx of large numbers of immigrants from the southern border... namely mexicans

Polycrates.

« Reply #79 on: September 07, 2014, 11:26:07 PM »

That too, but it is also far more common on this continent (North America) for white American guys to be 5'6-5'8, whereas in some European countries they seem almost nonexistent. There has to be a social and economic component to this as well.

crimsontide

« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2014, 11:29:38 PM »

avg height for caucasian males is over 180 cm, not sure exactly

btw... i don't want to sound like i dislike mexicans.... as an american, i don't care  what the avg height of americans is... all i care about is my height... and in california, the avg height of mexican americans that have been here 2 generations or so is much higher... not uncommon to see tall mexicans in california... in ny though,  the majority are very short

Uppland

« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2014, 11:34:57 PM »

That too, but it is also far more common on this continent (North America) for white American guys to be 5'6-5'8, whereas in some European countries they seem almost nonexistent. There has to be a social and economic component to this as well.

If I were to guess I'd say exellent healthcare, nutrition and proactive childcare with exercises and such over several generations is what made the N. europeans so tall. Also the living standard is very flat with almost no real poverty so everyone benefits equally.
Read something about warmer climate making shorter bodies more heat effecient but that may be BS.

It fluctuates though in the 1930's americans were taller than europeans. Also can't explain why french for example are so short (they have perhaps the best healthcare in the world) and many poorer eastern europeans are so tall.

endomorphisme

« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2014, 12:03:09 AM »

french are not so short, i'am french and i am 182.5 cm at night, i don't feel tall here, just above 
average, atleast for young men.The average height is 175.6 cm overall and 178 cm for young men.
And i don't believe the average for native sweden is 185 cm, it's 181 cm for native norwegians and 180.5 cm for native danes, so i would like you to explain, sweden and uppland, how  you came to this conclusion?

Moubgf

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2014, 04:30:38 AM »

There seems to be more average height people on these forums then short guys. i dont even....

GeTs

« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »

There seems to be more average height people on these forums then short guys. i dont even....
don't get mad

Sweden

« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2014, 10:09:03 AM »

And i don't believe the average for native sweden is 185 cm, it's 181 cm for native norwegians and 180.5 cm for native danes, so i would like you to explain, sweden and uppland, how  you came to this conclusion?

Easy, we LIVE here!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Uppland

« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »

french are not so short, i'am french and i am 182.5 cm at night, i don't feel tall here, just above 
average, atleast for young men.The average height is 175.6 cm overall and 178 cm for young men.

The danes are actually really tall I'd say they almost rival the dutch,

Moubgf

« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2014, 02:55:18 PM »

Easy, we LIVE here!

Sweden you think 5'11 is a great height not the best but nevertheless a great height to be standing barefoot?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up