Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need an Advice - Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas  (Read 4943 times)

zakika

Re: Need an Advice - Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2018, 12:38:22 PM »

All these questions are already on my list (some of them I already asked 2 months ago on the phone/skype), plus I would like to see patients if possible (however I doubt he has as many CLL patients, it is reality). For me the 1st priority (as Europeans with Precice nail tend to be less experienced in general) is his ortophedic background, the way he interprets the process+his personality in general (how he seems to handle unseen events, however it is hard to predict). A huge positive he's working in NHS/UK, so in my opinion (in advance) about the quality of professional expertise should be good (similar to Dr Birkholtz).

If anyone has any information about EU-citizens and complication coverage  feel free to share pls.
171 cm - TSF-tibia (5cm)+Stryde femur (5-6 cm) Giotikas - aim 180-182 cm

myloginacc

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2018, 06:32:51 PM »

Anyway, I'll meet him on monday in Athens, and will ask all the specifics to him, as I'm planning either this summer, or early (or when it will be available) next year with stryde.

If u guys have any (objective) questions, let me know, I'll ask him. I just put the word "objective", as panic creation' vs. overly confident direction' both are excluded.

If you could, ask him why he needs CT scans of your bones and not just plain X-rays.

Thank you.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

zakika

« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2018, 06:39:33 PM »

I will, however in the patient information sheet they wrote me, if the preliminary x-ray (which I'll have to bring wth me) serves as a good quality source,  I don't have to do another CT scan there.

Shadow91

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2018, 08:27:19 PM »

All these questions are already on my list (some of them I already asked 2 months ago on the phone/skype), plus I would like to see patients if possible (however I doubt he has as many CLL patients, it is reality). For me the 1st priority (as Europeans with Precice nail tend to be less experienced in general) is his ortophedic background, the way he interprets the process+his personality in general (how he seems to handle unseen events, however it is hard to predict). A huge positive he's working in NHS/UK, so in my opinion (in advance) about the quality of professional expertise should be good (similar to Dr Birkholtz).

I understand. And i also think that it is a big positive that he is working for NHS.

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2018, 07:06:42 AM »

If anyone has any information about EU-citizens and complication coverage  feel free to share pls.

please ask him about what visa option and visa supports are available for international patients.

Shorty94

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2018, 07:21:23 PM »

Here is a some questions he answered regarding availability of Styrde, lengthening at home options, price with acommodations.

Thank you for your interest in Athens Bone & Joint Reconstruction Center. Answering your questions:
1. We anticipate to be able to offer Stryde at the beginning of 2019 or even late 2018.We will know for sure in the next two to three months.
2. You will need to stay in Athens for the whole lengthening phase. Depending on the set lengthening goal, this can be up to 80 days for 7 cm of lengthening.
3. Taking into account the anticipated estimated price of Stryde, you should prepare approximately 47000 euro for treatment and accommodation expenses. Please note this is not a quote. You should also have an additional minimum 4000 Euro in case complications occur.
We remain at your disposal for any further information and assistance.

zakika

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2018, 05:01:36 PM »

Guys, I had my consultation with Dr Giotikas, all went as expected, he answered my questions properly, took the time, and was very attentive. He measured the proportions with the Athena' method he invented, and I changed my goal from internal femur (Precice 2) to TSF tibia first, and after Stryde (5-5 or 5-6 sms, my starting is 171 cm), so 4 segment surgery will be my option. The hospital is quite modern, cosy, as someone described earlier, it seems to serve high standard care. As I'm planning I will start this July, and in Dec-Jan Stryde (according to my recovery and Stryde availability). I met two of his patients with Precise femur, looked fine, are in the early phase. So basically he seems to be a good, safe option.

When my surgery approaches I will stay away from the forum, not willing to report or so, or answer questions. I think the basic infos here are treasure, but all additional personal projections are far more negative, and I personally find it contraproductive in terms of my recovery. Good luck for everyone!

Shadow91

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 06:30:32 PM »

Great to hear mate!

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 06:37:22 PM »

Guys, I had my consultation with Dr Giotikas, all went as expected, he answered my questions properly, took the time, and was very attentive. He measured the proportions with the Athena' method he invented, and I changed my goal from internal femur (Precice 2) to TSF tibia first, and after Stryde (5-5 or 5-6 sms, my starting is 171 cm), so 4 segment surgery will be my option. The hospital is quite modern, cosy, as someone described earlier, it seems to serve high standard care. As I'm planning I will start this July, and in Dec-Jan Stryde (according to my recovery and Stryde availability). I met two of his patients with Precise femur, looked fine, are in the early phase. So basically he seems to be a good, safe option.

When my surgery approaches I will stay away from the forum, not willing to report or so, or answer questions. I think the basic infos here are treasure, but all additional personal projections are far more negative, and I personally find it contraproductive in terms of my recovery. Good luck for everyone!

Awesome, all the best man. I have a similar plan in mind (TSF and then STryde) - so he will be providing stryde this December? Also, what will your total cost (approximately) come to? thanks

zakika

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 07:30:56 PM »

Thanks guys, Stryde arrivals exact date is questionable yet, I just started planning. It seems the 4 segment with stride will be around 60k+accomodation, personal assistance (for food etc..), travel expenses and an additional reserve around 4k EUR for complications. The visa question should be asked at your local Greek embassy, he couldn't logically provide answer with that.

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 08:18:17 PM »

Thanks guys, Stryde arrivals exact date is questionable yet, I just started planning. It seems the 4 segment with stride will be around 60k+accomodation, personal assistance (for food etc..), travel expenses and an additional reserve around 4k EUR for complications. The visa question should be asked at your local Greek embassy, he couldn't logically provide answer with that.

Thanks, please keep us updated on your journey.

Great321

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2018, 08:46:18 AM »

Do you mean both tibias and both femurs would be 60k in total? I can't imagine that.
Precise 2 femurs 36950 Euro and tibisa 38950 Euro costs already 75900. With Stryde it can't be less expensive?

zakika

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2018, 05:05:10 PM »

Look at the website please a bit more precisely.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up