Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: If you have femur tibia ratio of 0.8, which one is better to be 0.7 or 0.9?  (Read 6288 times)

Valiant

Where did you get these numbers?

Aren't these the typical ranges for tibia/ femur ratios in majority of people?

I saw a lecture by Dr. Paley I think, on YouTube where he mentioned these figures and some members here described the same figures too.

Aren't these the typical ranges for tibia/ femur ratios in majority of people?

I saw a lecture by Dr. Paley I think, on YouTube where he mentioned these figures and some members here described the same figures too.

Could you link the video? I can't find the confirmation of these stats from reliable sources.

Valiant

Could you link the video? I can't find the confirmation of these stats from reliable sources.

I don't recall the exact video, but hopefully it was this one.

https://m.

I have been searching for an academic text which also specifies these figures but at this stage I haven't found one, sorry. 

6'2_dream

my case is also 50; 50 (1.0 T / F)
I have 42cm femur and 42cm warm
my tibia is very long, knee to floor is 55cm (with tennis 58cm) when sitting my knee is higher than the knee of people nomal or equal to people over 6'feet (1.83m),

I think my case to choose only one segment the best choice would be Femur.
would make 7.5cm - 8cm would look F 50cm and T42cm
92 - 100
50 -   X ... (50 * 100/92) = x; X = 54%
would be 54; 46 or (0.84T / F)
within the proportion hypothetically I could do 10cm femur and be (52cm femur and 42 tibia)
which would result
94 - 100
52 - X ... (52 * 100/94) = X :: X = 55%
being 55:45 or (0.80 T / F)
would still be normal.
of course I'm disregarding my tendons' ability to stretch 10cm, which would probably be risky and perhaps cause damage to the joints.
could of course do the stretching in both segments for example for femur and tibia 5cm + 5cm or 6cm + 4cm.
but definitely doing Tibia would be a terrible choice for me.
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

myloginacc

my case is also 50; 50 (1.0 T / F)
I have 42cm femur and 42cm warm
my tibia is very long, knee to floor is 55cm (with tennis 58cm) when sitting my knee is higher than the knee of people nomal or equal to people over 6'feet (1.83m),

I think my case to choose only one segment the best choice would be Femur.
would make 7.5cm - 8cm would look F 50cm and T42cm
92 - 100
50 -   X ... (50 * 100/92) = x; X = 54%
would be 54; 46 or (0.84T / F)
within the proportion hypothetically I could do 10cm femur and be (52cm femur and 42 tibia)
which would result
94 - 100
52 - X ... (52 * 100/94) = X :: X = 55%
being 55:45 or (0.80 T / F)
would still be normal.
of course I'm disregarding my tendons' ability to stretch 10cm, which would probably be risky and perhaps cause damage to the joints.
could of course do the stretching in both segments for example for femur and tibia 5cm + 5cm or 6cm + 4cm.
but definitely doing Tibia would be a terrible choice for me.

You don't know your actual t/f ratio unless you got it measured through x-rays and with further assistance of the associated medical professionals.

Estimates are just that: estimates. Android's were way off, by his own admission (ctrl + F "36"), for example.

As for me, I currently have near-perfect mechanical axis, very slight valgus deformity (3-4 mm) at the knees. Right femur is around 47 cm, left within 4 mm of that. Right tibia is 36 cm, left is within 2 mm of that. I've tried to measure my own legs before and I was waaaay off, so keep that in mind.

EDIT: This post also applies to the other similar replies this thread got, and that I hadn't seen yet.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

6'2_dream

really can have a small variation maybe 1cm,
but no more than that,
I'm a sculptor, plastic artist.
already made illustration of biological anatomy,
I know the human anatomy, both bone and muscle.
and this peculiarity is observable in my brother and cousins, is a hereditary characteristic, and I have already made measurements in them also hahahah

myloginacc

really can have a small variation maybe 1cm,
but no more than that,
I'm a sculptor, plastic artist.
already made illustration of biological anatomy,
I know the human anatomy, both bone and muscle.
and this peculiarity is observable in my brother and cousins, is a hereditary characteristic, and I have already made measurements in them also hahahah

Your total leg length is supposedly 84cm ("1.0 t/f ratio with 42cm femurs"), and you say you are a 178cm man.

Android was 163.2cm, but his total leg length, measured by orthopedic professionals with professional equipment, resulted in a total of 83cm. According to your stats, you only have 1cm over Android's natural legs. However, you are a 178cm (~5'10) man, and Android was a 163.2cm (~5'4) man. That would mean you're 13.8cms (~5.4 inches) taller than pre-LL Android with just feet + torso + neck + head height - with almost identical total leg length. It's hard to believe.

What generally happens is that the vast majority of humans don't know where their femurs actually start, and can't measure them properly without the proper radiographic equipment, software, and expertise.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

6'2_dream

yes yes I know where my femur ends, I can feel it with my fingers pressing hard on the side of the gluteus.
my femur is short, my tibia is big my knee has the same height of friends 1.85m. but the femur is short hahah is an advantage for squats.
Yesterday I was talking to a friend, we were sitting on the seat of the bus and he was able to see the difference in his long femur at least 10cm more than mine, and we have the same height,
his knee was leaning against the front seat and mine had room to spare,
and my sitting height is bigger
The fact is that I have a long torso.
the ratio of my body is legs 47:53 torso
if I do LL 8cm
would be legs 49:51 torso, I think would be well proportional
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up