Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How safer is LL now with the new nails?  (Read 577 times)

LittleWhiteMan

How safer is LL now with the new nails?
« on: June 11, 2018, 12:08:20 AM »

Yeah the tirle. I forgot the name of the newest nails thingy that yall be talking about too much
5'1", 100 lbs

Johnson1111

Re: How safer is LL now with the new nails?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 05:49:42 AM »

Is Stryde really safer if they have no experience using it yet and the method of inserting it is virtually the same? I believe the only difference is the weight bearing is much faster. From my understanding there is conflicting evidence about whether weight bearing is essential in speeding up bone growth? So I see no technical benefit other than comfort? From a medical standpoint it's not safer?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I see nothing about STRYDE that makes it a "safer" option?

myloginacc

Re: How safer is LL now with the new nails?
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 10:38:45 AM »

Is Stryde really safer if they have no experience using it yet and the method of inserting it is virtually the same? I believe the only difference is the weight bearing is much faster. From my understanding there is conflicting evidence about whether weight bearing is essential in speeding up bone growth? So I see no technical benefit other than comfort? From a medical standpoint it's not safer?

Someone correct me if i'm wrong but I see nothing about STRYDE that makes it a "safer" option?

It should be more comfortable, and I do believe early movement stimulates bone growth.

The other thing that makes it technically safer is that you won't be stuck to a bed without moving your legs for too long. Hence, only one month of Xarelto (an anticoagulant, a.k.a. blood thinner). This technically diminishes the risk of pulmonary embolism (PE) and deep vein thrombosis (DVT) too. I wouldn't say by that much because it's not like you'll be immediately moving post-surgery, but anyway.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).
Pages: [1]   Go Up