Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Paley the safest option  (Read 1717 times)

ramaka

Is Paley the safest option
« on: June 04, 2018, 12:16:35 PM »

Ok so to start this off I hear people talking about dr’s left right and centre but they are either horrible or fantastic my question is with all this you never hear about Paley making a patient have a bad experience and with everything I’ve heard it seems as though he helps people make the decision based on starting height and perportions

One thing I’ve heard about him is that he is the best for a successful outcome he seems the most advanced with techniques and new ways to help with lengthening.

People are often put off by his prices but if you think about it the Paley institute is the most advanced hospital for LL so if you were going to do it with anyone would you choose him if you could afford him

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
Re: Is Paley the safest option
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 01:15:07 PM »

I would do it with Paley in a heartbeat but the problem is the price... Which guy in his mid 20s can afford 140k+(90k for the surgery, 30k in reserve in case of complications and 20k for food, hotels etc)

It's insane tbh... wish he wasn't so greedy and lowered the price a bit as many people are suffering from heightism...
Ethnicity: shetskin paki
Height: 177.5cm
Wish: 184-186cm(studies have shown taller people succeed more often than short/average people)
Age as of 30th may 2018: 23

BiggestProblem

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 01:21:39 PM »

I don't think that it's approperiate to call someone  "greedy" just because his price is good. He has no obligation to treat people who just aren't happy with how they look.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 01:31:24 PM »

For femurs, sure.

But is doing internal tibia with Paley safer than doing external tibia with, say, Parihar/Catagni/Giotikas?

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 01:40:46 PM »

I would do it with Paley in a heartbeat but the problem is the price... Which guy in his mid 20s can afford 140k+(90k for the surgery, 30k in reserve in case of complications and 20k for food, hotels etc)

It's insane tbh... wish he wasn't so greedy and lowered the price a bit as many people are suffering from heightism...

Computer programmers can.

Also he's not greedy, he's charging that much because he's clearly worth that much. Stop being salty.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 01:55:34 PM »

Also he's not greedy, he's charging that much because he's clearly worth that much. Stop being salty.

coders here on average earn 20,000HKD per month which equates to 2550USD... (can earn 30k per year if i don't spend a single dollar from my salary and live on the expense of my parents)

I don't think i can make it brah...
Wish: 184-186cm(studies have shown taller people succeed more often than short/average people)

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 02:12:53 PM »

coders here on average earn 20,000HKD per month which equates to 2550USD... (can earn 30k per year if i don't spend a single dollar from my salary and live on the expense of my parents)

I don't think i can make it brah...

Ah, didn't realise you were in hong kong. I am same age in UK but wages are higher than that for programmers (still not same as Silicone Valley's insane wages though). That's always going to be the difference between western and eastern wages due to COL though as well.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

QuinnHaverbrooke

• Redpills
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »

I thought that dr guichet was the safest option of them all.
Current height: 170,4 cm
Dream height: 183 cm

TemakiSushi

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2018, 02:29:20 PM »

Ok so to start this off I hear people talking about dr’s left right and centre but they are either horrible or fantastic my question is with all this you never hear about Paley making a patient have a bad experience and with everything I’ve heard it seems as though he helps people make the decision based on starting height and perportions

One thing I’ve heard about him is that he is the best for a successful outcome he seems the most advanced with techniques and new ways to help with lengthening.

People are often put off by his prices but if you think about it the Paley institute is the most advanced hospital for LL so if you were going to do it with anyone would you choose him if you could afford him

I would choose dr donghoon in Korea since closer to my country and he probably will have Stryde next year
He is also much cheaper than Paley but very well known as an excellent doctor

Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2018, 02:46:02 PM »

I would choose dr donghoon in Korea since closer to my country and he probably will have Stryde next year
He is also much cheaper than Paley but very well known as an excellent doctor

feed me info about him please?
I think i am willing to travel to Korea then.

EDIT: Nvm lol.
lol he charges $70,000... might as well save a bit more and go straight for Paley imo.

Johnson1111

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2018, 03:46:04 PM »

He's "allegedly" the best option. However he takes your soul with him when you get the procedure it's so expensive. Also out of all of the problems that may occur, doesn't he only cover a few of them and you'd have to pay out of pocket for the rest?

ShortLivesMatter

« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 10:00:29 PM »

Programmers in the US can make alot of money. I'm a programmer myself with about 5 years of exp making around $175k USD and I think Purushrottam makes $170k.  So yeah, the quickest way to get expensive LL is getting into software development, work hard, switch jobs every year or so to get a higher salary, and you should be able to afford the top docs by your mid 20s to late 20s. If you are not from the US, I would look elsewhere, the US doc prices aren't worth it. 

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 11:40:49 PM »

Noone worths that much for inserting a nail. Thats what internal LL is.

But prices on USA are ridiculous expensive in amything that has to do with medical issues so it is not weird why Paley is so expensive.
I still think he is the best for LL but his prices are simply ridiculous.

myloginacc

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 12:00:55 AM »

Paley acts too much like a salesman to my tastes, but he's still probably the most experienced internals CLL surgeon and with the most prepared team for it. So, safest.

On a personal gut feeling, I'd consider Rozbruch over Paley.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

myloginacc

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 12:03:44 AM »

I thought that dr guichet was the safest option of them all.

You have been horribly out of the loop. Forget about Guichet completely.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 12:05:07 AM »

Paley acts too much like a salesman to my tastes, but he's still probably the most experienced internals CLL surgeon and with the most prepared team for it. So, safest.

On a personal gut feeling, I'd consider Rozbruch over Paley.

Would you do internal tibia with him?

Purushrottam

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 04:06:10 AM »

Programmers in the US can make alot of money. I'm a programmer myself with about 5 years of exp making around $175k USD and I think Purushrottam makes $170k.  So yeah, the quickest way to get expensive LL is getting into software development, work hard, switch jobs every year or so to get a higher salary, and you should be able to afford the top docs by your mid 20s to late 20s. If you are not from the US, I would look elsewhere, the US doc prices aren't worth it.

On point. I switched jobs about every 2 years. This is the fastest way to increase your compensation (and your level) as a software developer. Most companies' promotion cycles are typically longer than 2 years (unless you are a superstar.. and even then..).
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

LittleWhiteMan

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 04:58:50 AM »

No he is not
5'1", 100 lbs

TemakiSushi

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 11:57:28 AM »

feed me info about him please?
I think i am willing to travel to Korea then.

EDIT: Nvm lol.
lol he charges $70,000... might as well save a bit more and go straight for Paley imo.

Well, the paley costs $105000 for stryde and does NOT include accomodation after 4days hosipitalization, nor medication, and extra charge of tendone release operation which for some people must do, or other surgery fee if any complication occurs.
summing up these costs, you'd better to bring about 150000$,
while dr donghoon's price is all inclusive.

better not to think internal surgery is something quite cheap...

Or better consider external such as LON.  Dr donghoon also offer LON package for about 45000$

AlphaX

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 12:43:38 PM »

Does the Dr donghoon currently offer Stryde?
24 years | LON on Femur done.

Starting height : 174.5cm |  Final: 182-183cm |  Dr. Yuksel Wannabetaller team

TemakiSushi

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 01:34:49 PM »

Does the Dr donghoon currently offer Stryde?

No, not until next year, I heard from the doctor.

AlphaX

« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 01:51:34 PM »

okay ..
Because they all say that Stryde will not be available until next year but we still have no exact dates on its release! it can be very well in 1 year as in January 2019 as in 2 years!
24 years | LON on Femur done.

Starting height : 174.5cm |  Final: 182-183cm |  Dr. Yuksel Wannabetaller team

TemakiSushi

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2018, 02:16:55 AM »

okay ..
Because they all say that Stryde will not be available until next year but we still have no exact dates on its release! it can be very well in 1 year as in January 2019 as in 2 years!
paley has this advantage of being a development doctor for stryde :)

fallen774

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2018, 12:49:06 AM »

Do you believe this 1-2 years rule also apply to engineers in those big tech companies in the Bay Area? I work for one of those and the benefits are so great that I think switching jobs would not compensate.
before: 5'5.5
now: 5'8.2 (+2.7")
surgery date: April 5th, 2018
stopped lengthening: June 20th, 2018
Dr. Mahboubian, North Hollywood
Pages: [1]   Go Up