Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tibial lengthening with Dr. Sarin, India  (Read 1779 times)

racerboi

• Visitor
Tibial lengthening with Dr. Sarin, India
« on: June 13, 2018, 12:59:01 AM »

Hello,
I have recently got my surgery from Dr. Sarin and I wanna share my experience with y'all.

Age - 25 yrs/m
Pre-surgery height - 5'5/166cm (Surgery on 27/3/2018)
Goal height - 173cm

Back then I have tried a lot of ways to increase my height including exercise, yoga, acupuncture etc. but I failed because I was already above 21 yrs old. I then found that the only way to increase height is Limb Lengthening surgery. I went to Delhi, Mumbai etc and met Dr. Manish Dhawan and Dr. Shubhash Shalya. I later came to know about Dr. Amar Sarin through these LL forums. He seemed pretty famous but the feedbacks about him disappointed me. Still I thought of giving him a shot so I went to consult him.
When I met him he didn't seem much of a talker and just asked me to visit his guest house and talk to the patients here and make the decision by myself. I did the same and the experience of the patients here sounded pretty good and the facility of staying at the guest house and the services here impressed me so I went ahead and scheduled the surgery with him.
I got the surgery on March 27, 2018.
Some pain was there during the first 10 days following the surgery, especially the first 2 days after the surgery were a nightmare. After 10 days or so, my physio Shariq here at the guest house, started the lengthening and the exercises started the same day. The pain subsided and things seemed normal thereafter.
You can find here attached the photos. Those two X-rays attached are from before, I'm almost at the end of the lengthening phase now.
Overall, I'd say that I've been pleased with the facilities provided here which weren't available at the other doctors I met. At the other places I visited, they told me that I'll have to manage to find a place by my own to stay after the surgery and find a Physiotherapist whereas here I could feel a lot more secure since within the surgery cost we are provided with the stay at the guest house under proper care and includes Physiotherapy, medicines, X-Rays etc and the breakfast. So far my stay here till now, I have been impressed with the staff and services and would recommend Dr. Sarin for this surgery in India.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:05:16 AM by racerboi »

lucindaris

Re: Tibial lengthening with Dr. Sarin, India
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 03:37:15 AM »

Nice, what was the overall cost for surgery?

fokid

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2018, 12:36:35 PM »

aren't the tibia bones misaligned where the break happened?

racerboi

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 11:24:34 AM »

Hello. 
UPDATE: My frames came out on July 2nd. It's been about 2 months since they came out and my progress has been going pretty good so far. Lately I have been walking a lot on crutches and today I am finally able to walk unaided.
I would like to show y'all a video of me walking. Please let me know how to post a video here without having to upload it on youtube.
Also please share your opinion and suggestions after seeing the video.

Sanity

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 11:17:09 PM »

you only seemed to have 2-3 pins in ur externals. may i ask why.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

4cms

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »

Will you still be there around September 23rd ?
I'm coming to see the internal femur patient
Pages: [1]   Go Up