Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb lengthening maximum length ?  (Read 2441 times)

montahn

Limb lengthening maximum length ?
« on: June 13, 2018, 09:25:55 AM »

I just search it.

I fnd this -

from - http://www.llila.com/common-questions.php

"If only one segment of your limb is lengthened (the leg or thigh), you can potentially gain up to 4 inches in height. Most people are able to gain 3 inches without much difficulty or complications. With the combination of lengthening both thighs and legs, you can potentially achieve up to 7 inches in length."

Is it true ?

My goal is 5 inch(12cm), combination of lengthening both thighs and legs. i would b still happy if i gt 4 inch(10 cm)

Thanks.

162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

myloginacc

Re: Limb lengthening maximum length ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 11:52:54 AM »

This not true.

Most serious CLL doctors explicitly not recommend going over 20% of your initial bone length.

4 inches being safe or an okay goal is a ridiculous claim for one segment, even for femurs. They've stated "potentially", but they shouldn't have even bothered writing that down. 

Here's one study correlating lengthening amount and incidence of complications:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2266651/

My goal is 5 inch(12cm), combination of lengthening both thighs and legs.

If you separate it into two surgeries, as you've stated, it'd be much safer, indeed (comparatively speaking, of course - LL and surgeries always carry possibly major risks).
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

RaaX

• FitMiscer/Lookismer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 03:07:29 PM »

This not true.

Most serious CLL doctors explicitly not recommend going over 20% of your initial bone length.

4 inches being safe or an okay goal is a ridiculous claim for one segment, even for femurs. They've stated "potentially", but they shouldn't have even bothered writing that down. 

Here's one study correlating lengthening amount and incidence of complications:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2266651/

If you separate it into two surgeries, as you've stated, it'd be much safer, indeed (comparatively speaking, of course - LL and surgeries always carry possibly major risks).

so the safe zone is 6-7cm.
Ethnicity: shetskin paki
Height: 177.5cm
Wish: 184-186cm(studies have shown taller people succeed more often than short/average people)
Age as of 30th may 2018: 23

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2018, 09:06:27 PM »

There was a Betz patient on old forum. Got 10cm in tibias, finished his diary with no complications. Apo did 8 inches but word on the street is he messed up his nails when exercising and it went downhill from there. There was also a Dr. Sarin patient that did 8cm in tibias, finished his diary, and had no complications.

Purushrottam

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2018, 11:44:58 PM »

On Paley's site, it says that you have the option of getting LL in both segments and then rebreaking the bones again for more growth.

So it would be 8 cm + 6.5 cm. if you do both segments. That is 14.5 cm or about 5.7 inches.
With rebreaking, I don't know what the limit is.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Johnson1111

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2018, 07:09:48 AM »

On Paley's site, it says that you have the option of getting LL in both segments and then rebreaking the bones again for more growth.

So it would be 8 cm + 6.5 cm. if you do both segments. That is 14.5 cm or about 5.7 inches.
With rebreaking, I don't know what the limit is.

Seems like a good way for him to make over 300k from one person

That would simply be too much especially if someone did around 12cm on both segments their first time unless they were a midget then it's justifiable. I mean, how much legs can you really be? Without your wingspan, torso, etc keeping up? Just looks silly. If I was a literal dwarf I wouldn't care however and would just want to be taller so makes sense.
Pages: [1]   Go Up