Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone is planning to do cll with Dr Lee, Korea in 2019?  (Read 5641 times)

tacoma94

Re: Anyone is planning to do cll with Dr Lee, Korea in 2019?
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2019, 08:54:57 AM »

Hi Temaki,

Thanks for the post. Just wanted to check. In the price list you sent, how do I read it? Are the costs of surgery and the stay separate? For example, I look at the 4 beds package for 120 days, under Tibias (1st + 2nd surgery). I see $57,543.96. Is this the cost for the 120 days stay, and then if I do LON, I add on the cost above from the three surgeries? Or does the $57,543.96 include surgery costs too?

Kenda

« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2019, 09:58:45 AM »

Kenda you got wrong calculation for 4 people room, it’s 75K USD
A single room for femurs with 90 days package is 94K USD
VIP room package for femurs is 104K USD
In both room a family member can stay

Here I found English version of current price list for precice and LON,
Stryde should come out soon

https://imgur.com/J98CdRY

Anyways if you do femurs and live in the states, you can find a doctor  in the states instead of coming with family all the way to Korea
Many foreigners come there without family

advantages for Japanese is that we can go home a week or two post surgery of Stryde tibia
With femurs it’s not recommended to leave the country until after completing distraction
With LON none is allowed to leave the country before completing distraction

In the central Seoul there are guest houses for 10 USD a night.  AirBNB for around 20 or 30 USD a night. 
I think with Stryde femurs it’s possible to commute by subway for PT everyday, just like korean locals are commuting by train even with wheelchairs
With Stryde, walking is very good rehabilitation anyways

I’ve been to korea a several times and never had bad experience with locals
But I never stayed at guesthouse that cheap so I don’t know the quality of the cheap guesthouses in Myongdong area nor other area

When Donghoon worked at the Severance Hospital, I heard many foreign patients stayed at cheap guest house even with LON

yeah but if 2 people its impossible to stay in the single room. same thing vip is limited like staying in a room for 3 or 4 month for an extra 50k or something, but i found airbnb at 60+/night , the thing with airbnb is how to commute from airbnb to hospital as hospital is on a highway so no metro or so.....is UBER avaliable ?

TemakiSushi

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2019, 02:01:43 PM »

Hi Temaki,

Thanks for the post. Just wanted to check. In the price list you sent, how do I read it? Are the costs of surgery and the stay separate? For example, I look at the 4 beds package for 120 days, under Tibias (1st + 2nd surgery). I see $57,543.96. Is this the cost for the 120 days stay, and then if I do LON, I add on the cost above from the three surgeries? Or does the $57,543.96 include surgery costs too?
The cost below includes surgery of putting nail and frames also frame removal, PT sessions, X-rays during stay, accommodation on inpatient ward, all meals(it looks plentiful food) of 120 days

Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

TemakiSushi

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2019, 02:04:33 PM »

the hospital is located near the train station Bokjeon
It’s very possible to commute by trains from Central Seoul like many of the local patients
Precice and Stryde is approved by national health insurance, so this year lot more locals are doing precice without staying at the hospital
In the central Seoul there are variety of much cheaper hotels and AirBNB than Bokjeon,  Kyongidong area

I took a taxi from the hotel in Gangnam area, the southern part of the central Seoul, to the hospital, it costed 13 USD
But in Gangnam area I don’t think there are very cheap accommodation like myongdong area

Why they charge 50k for your family member? I never heard of that
They may charge for food for the family but it cannot be that expensive
I saw They have an extra folding bed and a big sofa that can be a bed in a vip room
They also told me they can put extra folding bed in a single room for a family or a helper
The single room was spacious enough

https://www.google.com/maps/place/DALRI(Donghoon+Advanced+Limb+Lengthening+Reconstruction+Institute),+%EF%BC%91%EF%BC%90+%EC%9C%84%EB%A1%80%EC%84%9C%EC%9D%BC%EB%A1%9C+Bokjeong-dong,+Sujeong-gu,+Seongnam-si,+Gyeonggi-do,+%E9%9F%93%E5%9B%BD/@37.4663527,127.1331503,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x357caf833d8f2b41:0x3f65a9c2808f3930?hl=ja

Kenda, anyways you’ll be living in the states and wanna do femurs, then do it in the states
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 02:38:04 PM by TemakiSushi »

Ghostfish

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2019, 11:35:18 AM »

I don't really recommend anyone to commute to hospital even with Stryde, if you are a foreigner.  First of all, it is still tough to commute with Stryde eitehr by bus or on train and there will a high risk of falling or bumping.  Taxi or Uber is possible but will be a lot of money, if you take a taxi twice a day for PT to hospital.  In addition, it is not easy to get a taxi or uber in Korea by yourself if you are a foreigner.  Living alone as a foreigner outside of hospital during lengthening is not easy.  Unless you know Korea very well and have enough information and knowledge about living in Korea, it will be much better to stay in hospital.  I saw several Chinese and Japanese people who stay in hospital and they seem to be doing well. 

TemakiSushi

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2019, 12:02:09 PM »

Well I know at least a few foreigners who stayed at Airbnb alone before finishing lengthening last year and this year
Other Japanese who did tibia and femur with precice lived outside the hospital with wheelchair
He said people were very kind to help him, much sweeter than Japanese ;D
Many locals don’t stay at the hospital
The package includes 70PT sessions for 90 days so I think it’s only once a day thing.  I heard no PT on weekends

I don’t speak nor read korean but get around the town alone easy every time I visit Seoul

BUT of course it’s much easier to live in the hospital that’s for sure
Also they serve very good plentiful meals

Im planning Stryde tibia so I’ll leave the hospital very early post op
Currently most tibia patients at inpatient ward are precice and doing like a few hours stretching every day, sleep without splints, many reach 6 or 6.5cm tibia lengthening, some continue lengthening after the package ended so they stay outside hosp with wheelchair
Precice tibia patients really don’t suffer much pains there

I’m sure I’ll get bored at hospital so I may move out one week post surgery and stay at a hotel with nice gym and spa for another week or so then come back to Tokyo

« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:06:47 PM by TemakiSushi »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up