Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Short Arm Body dismorphic disorder  (Read 5012 times)

ShortArm

Re: Short Arm Body dismorphic disorder
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2018, 11:14:22 PM »

your arms are definitley not short and looks fine even i would have say they are a little long on the good side...
probably your measurements inaccurate.
and even if they are accurate your arms looks ok defintley not the case for arm lengthnening.
I woud say though that sometimes people who are not skinny looks like their arms are short beacuse their body is a little bigger.

I thank you and the rest of guys being supportive. I wanna ask in comparison to this guy: https://goo.gl/images/pW3e9b close or similar proportion in arms to body as me? In my mind thr proporton is close to mine.

Here is a guy whose arms are clearly short and in my mind this is the worst scenario. https://goo.gl/images/T6e4Jo in hes situation i woukd do my all to correct the proportion. With so short arms your back would be seriously taking some damage..at least my does.

dan56

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2018, 05:43:35 AM »

I thank you and the rest of guys being supportive. I wanna ask in comparison to this guy: https://goo.gl/images/pW3e9b close or similar proportion in arms to body as me? In my mind thr proporton is close to mine.

Here is a guy whose arms are clearly short and in my mind this is the worst scenario. https://goo.gl/images/T6e4Jo in hes situation i woukd do my all to correct the proportion. With so short arms your back would be seriously taking some damage..at least my does.

man, seriously your arms are way longer than both of them.
English isn't my native language. Please feel free when you quote me to add a footnote with correction. Tnx

ThatGuy

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 02:24:30 AM »

I'm quite the opposite of you. I'm 5'7" but my wingspan in 6'4". I don't particularly like it myself but hopefully with LL I can maximize it and it will look better proportionally. My arms almost go down to my knees like I am an ape. On the upside, it had it's athletic advantages as I can dunk a basketball and was a high level athlete due in part to the long arms.

Anything down to -2 inches under your height is within acceptable average range. What are your proportions? Is it that bad? We are all very critical of ourselves and the more we read about perfection the worse we get.

I'm not perfect but definitely the most immediate deterrent is height as the average man my race and height is about 5'10.5" in the US. So i'd basically be doing LL to get to the average height. That is surely enough for me.
Is your wingspan really 6'4? Pics or you're lying.

Grow3inchesquestions

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 02:13:48 PM »

finally someone agrees the average is 5'10.5"-5'11"

Grow3inchesquestions

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2018, 02:15:12 PM »

hes on the shorter end at 5'10" we don't need to cope

Johnson1111

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2018, 08:24:16 PM »

Is your wingspan really 6'4? Pics or you're lying.

That's not how it works. That's my wingspan whether I send you the pictures or not. I do not trust you with any of my pictures ever. However more respected members have seen them. There is absolutely no point in lying about my wingspan on an LL forum. It is what it is.

ThatGuy

« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2018, 01:06:45 AM »

That's not how it works. That's my wingspan whether I send you the pictures or not. I do not trust you with any of my pictures ever. However more respected members have seen them. There is absolutely no point in lying about my wingspan on an LL forum. It is what it is.
I was kidding, I didn't really mean to sound aggressive. I did wanna see it tho, that's pretty insane 5'7 with a 6'4 inseam is pretty extreme. Hell, I bet you have really wide shoulders.

Sanity

« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2018, 01:33:20 AM »

so is there a way to increase the wingspan without clavicle or arm lengthening surgeries?
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

ShortArm

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2019, 05:47:12 PM »

hes on the shorter end at 5'10" we don't need to cope

Sorry to bug your comment. What do you mean by "we dont need to cope"?

ShortArm

« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2019, 05:51:32 PM »

so is there a way to increase the wingspan without clavicle or arm lengthening surgeries?

If there was a other realistic way i would have seen it. There was this one guy trying to clamp hes bones, but to be honest the results have not been promising. Best bet is internal/external lenghtening.

6'2_dream

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2019, 03:02:31 PM »

Yup, you got it. I think at 181 my arms would be about "normal". I kind of know the positives, but its just so hard to accept this kind of change in the body.

Mike tyson has a bit longer arms than me...even hes arms dont look too long. I found somewhere that hes armspan was about 1-2cm longer than hes height. Am i wrong?

Hello Friend
it is very vague to compare the wingspan, because proportionally what will count visually is the length of the arms relaxed, short arms are only when the arms are above waist height, below that is considered normal.
for example in my case I have 178cm of height and 185cm of wingspan, I have a friend that has 178cm and 190cm of wingspan but when we are side by side with the shoulders at the same height our arms have the same final length because he is 5cm more of shoulders, even if he had the same width of shoulders, side by side with shoulders at the same height his arms would be 2,5cm longer, the difference would be only with the opened arms the sum of 2,5cm of each arm. so the wingspan is just a base but what counts is the relationship with the torso, sometimes people with long torso have the impression of having short arms but they are long. an example is henry cavil who is 1.85 and has 1.93 of wingspan but seems to have short arms because he has a long torso
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

ShortArm

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2019, 11:40:43 PM »

Hello Friend
it is very vague to compare the wingspan, because proportionally what will count visually is the length of the arms relaxed, short arms are only when the arms are above waist height, below that is considered normal.
for example in my case I have 178cm of height and 185cm of wingspan, I have a friend that has 178cm and 190cm of wingspan but when we are side by side with the shoulders at the same height our arms have the same final length because he is 5cm more of shoulders, even if he had the same width of shoulders, side by side with shoulders at the same height his arms would be 2,5cm longer, the difference would be only with the opened arms the sum of 2,5cm of each arm. so the wingspan is just a base but what counts is the relationship with the torso, sometimes people with long torso have the impression of having short arms but they are long. an example is henry cavil who is 1.85 and has 1.93 of wingspan but seems to have short arms because he has a long torso

Hi,
Actually Henry Cavill is aware of hes short arms and unsecure about it. He has long legs short torso and short arms. I think also with Cavill is really visible that he has short arms.

Matthew Mcconaughey has short legs long torso and average arms.

Reallt close to average is a boxer Ricky Hatton. He has a bit short arms but almost symmetrical..hard to spot if you dont know.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up