Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Android's Cross Lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh (2018)  (Read 42785 times)

AR

Re: Android's Cross Lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh (2018)
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2018, 09:07:29 PM »

Hello Zion ,
If you and android don't mind let me ( not answer your questions ) but post my opinion .

- It's not recommended at all to remove the frame without anesthesia. If u can handle the pain and be calm to remove the wires and screws from ur bone u won't handle ur skin being cut and open to remove the inner screws that dr kulesh uses to support the fibula ( check android tibia x ray ) at the end part of the bone u will find small inner screw that connects the fibula to tibia for better support (Dr kulesh is building more than required stable frame , he wants to play it safer )

- the second quesion : you want to remove the frame after lengthening without even add nails : no dr would do that . In the best case you will be in cast and won't move at all and u will risk more than break bone u will risk non union because of the lack of un stability.
- gained 4 cms External Tibias in Russia
- went from 171 to 175
- still recovering and having the frames
-English is not my first language

ramaka

« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2018, 09:17:04 PM »

Hello Zion ,
If you and android don't mind let me ( not answer your questions ) but post my opinion .

- It's not recommended at all to remove the frame without anesthesia. If u can handle the pain and be calm to remove the wires and screws from ur bone u won't handle ur skin being cut and open to remove the inner screws that dr kulesh uses to support the fibula ( check android tibia x ray ) at the end part of the bone u will find small inner screw that connects the fibula to tibia for better support (Dr kulesh is building more than required stable frame , he wants to play it safer )

- the second quesion : you want to remove the frame after lengthening without even add nails : no dr would do that . In the best case you will be in cast and won't move at all and u will risk more than break bone u will risk non union because of the lack of un stability.

So I’m guessing best bet is we be unconscious when they put the nails in and out

Zion

« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2018, 09:34:22 PM »

Hello AR,

No problem man, if other users have the knowledge I am more than happy to know it and know other opinions.

Well I wasnt planning on removing them on my own but I did not know that, thanks!

Right, I guess I shouldnt overestimate my weak bones in such state and one functional arm (possibly)...I think it would be a blessing to be able to do one arm at a time (humerus), that alone could save so much time...dividing exactly everything for 2 instead of many...

Thanks!

AR

« Reply #127 on: September 11, 2018, 07:28:46 AM »

Zion,
My own personal opinion regarding doing cross lengthening and one arm . U are limiting ur mobility . You won't be able to use walkers or crutches just imagine 2 broken legs and one broken hand . You won't be able to walk. Walking and standing is very important for muscles and regaining flexibility so you are delaying your recovery for a very long time. LL requires patience and time. And always always play it safe. LL is life changing so make this change to better life not the opposite.
- went from 171 to 175

AchieveYourGoals

• Visitor
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2018, 03:37:46 PM »

Hello Android, hope all good. Just a quick one: I remember you said your goal was 12/13cm, what made you change your mind thus settling down to 10cm?

TallerDream

« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2018, 05:36:18 AM »

I'm not surprised you developed a complication, externals is just not safe at all and really painful especially on your femur, internals is the way to go.. whoever wants to do externals to save money just do it on your tibias

short2tall

« Reply #130 on: October 01, 2018, 11:50:32 PM »

Hey Android, just checking in, I hope all is well now. 10 cm is a great gain and you will still look very proportional! That's a win-win situation if you ask me.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

Bosnian2018

« Reply #131 on: October 10, 2018, 06:59:15 AM »

Android My man how are you ?

If you need anything I'm here for you bro.

TinyTL

« Reply #132 on: October 10, 2018, 03:32:47 PM »

his Instagram hasnt been updated since 9. september

qirenzhe123

« Reply #133 on: October 14, 2018, 04:31:05 PM »

How much does it cost to use a Solomin doctor to do a traditional llizarov extension of the 6.5cm tibia in Russia? the full cost

myloginacc

« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2018, 10:58:05 PM »

I hope you've been well, friend... It's been a while since your last instagram updates.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Arch

« Reply #135 on: October 21, 2018, 09:46:22 PM »

Yo Android how have you been, any updates?

raku

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2018, 04:51:24 PM »

dear android, thanks for your sharing and you are always so kind to help us with your knowledge.
Could I ask you a question that it is possible to start second cross after the first cross locking nail?  Do you think it is possible to finish 4segment lengthning in 6months and go home for start weight baring?
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.

TinyTL

« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2018, 10:18:33 PM »

@Android, you logged in today. Why are you not updating this diary? is everything okay? ???

GrowTow

« Reply #138 on: November 02, 2018, 11:03:40 PM »

@Android

What was the total price you paid for your cross lengthening. It's exactly what I want to do as well.
I want to do 5cm femurs, 5cm tibias. (And how much would you say you're spending monthly on accommodation + food

Sorry if you've mentioned the price, i'm unable to read through the paragraphs as I have dyslexia.
May 2023: Completed 5.3cm LON Tibia w AFA 164>169
Upcoming LON Femur in October 2023

Beastmode1234

« Reply #139 on: November 03, 2018, 02:13:27 AM »

@Android  Hope everything is going well man.

Dirona

« Reply #140 on: November 07, 2018, 04:14:20 AM »

Hey Android..How are you doing dude?
Taking it easy

Dirona

« Reply #141 on: November 08, 2018, 06:13:19 AM »

I hope there is no major complication..
Taking it easy

Sara123

« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2018, 04:08:56 AM »

Hello Android May I ask how your operation recovery is going?? I’m planning to do cross lateral next year. I can’t see any further updates. Is everything ok??? I hope so. Are you posting updates elsewhere??

short2tall

« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2018, 04:48:08 AM »

Not speaking for Android, but this procedure is very demanding folks. I'm sure he's doing fine, as he is a very determined individual. It's amazing how lengthening, PT, etc, can take up your whole day and make you forget about anything else (this forum). He will update soon, I'm sure of it, but keep the thoughts and prayers coming.
Bilateral femurs with Dr. M on March 1st
Starting height: 5'8.5"
Shooting for 5'11"

Sara123

« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2018, 10:15:27 AM »

I understand. I’m feeling so anxious as I’m planning to do it next year and am still thinking that cross lateral seems too risky and may just do tibias. I always enjoy Android’s input on this forum, he comes across well. I really hope he is ok.

Forthecraic

« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2018, 03:56:45 PM »

Hope all is well Android, literally thinking of doing the same surgery as you in a few years, keep going and stay positive.
171cm's (Morning) 170cm's (most of the day),169.5 (at night) hope to one day be 180-182cms

Bonez

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2018, 03:31:05 AM »

Hope all is well brotha, keep strong and God Speed.

Not speaking for Android, but this procedure is very demanding folks. I'm sure he's doing fine, as he is a very determined individual. It's amazing how lengthening, PT, etc, can take up your whole day and make you forget about anything else (this forum). He will update soon, I'm sure of it, but keep the thoughts and prayers coming.

I agree 100%

AR

« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2018, 01:28:40 PM »

Keep strong Android,
I'm not taking android place , he is the only one who can talk about himself, but i guess he had developed some complications, we as dr kulesh patients were pushed to lengthen faster and the dr didn't recommend walking. Which will lead to soft tissues problems. I'm sure that all the complications will be solved but need time . I my self lengthend 4 cms only and I developed bad ballerina and knee bending and i was disappointed everyday because i didn't expect that bad income for small amount like 4 cms. Yes i've solved some problems but I'm still tight and didn't restore my full flexibility 5 months after
- went from 171 to 175

totallyred

« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2018, 01:31:38 PM »

Does the dr punishes the patients who write bad reviews?

cheekycabs

« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2018, 02:51:23 PM »

Keep strong Android,
I'm not taking android place , he is the only one who can talk about himself, but i guess he had developed some complications, we as dr kulesh patients were pushed to lengthen faster and the dr didn't recommend walking. Which will lead to soft tissues problems. I'm sure that all the complications will be solved but need time . I my self lengthend 4 cms only and I developed bad ballerina and knee bending and i was disappointed everyday because i didn't expect that bad income for small amount like 4 cms. Yes i've solved some problems but I'm still tight and didn't restore my full flexibility 5 months after

But did you stretch a lot? This is definitely what I notice in many diaries is the lack of stretching. Even simulating weight bearing can be done lying down, just push your feet against a flat surface. My doc was pretty vague and said to stretch a lot, but really I had to be motivated and research to find what’s best to do. Right now I am walking and weight bearing and stretching like crazy, for sure my body would be crap if I only was laying in bed lengthening.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

TinyTL

« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2018, 05:48:05 PM »

guys before you speculate about stretching and weightbearing, please note that the complication is caused by knee cap misalignment. This is not solved through stretching. It is serious issue and probably caused by external frame.

AR

« Reply #151 on: November 14, 2018, 03:32:45 PM »

Does the dr punishes the patients who write bad reviews?

I don't think so at all. Dr kulesh had proven that he cares about the patients in the first place even he can go beyond that and assist you himself so anyone will be operated with him you are in a safe hand. he is professional regarding the bone cut applying fixator and correction. what i didn't like he is not restricted regarding stretches and weight bearing. we are human that at sometimes we can feel pain and lazy so if we aren't pushed we will fall. imagine that you feel pain and tired and you find that your dr doesn't recommend walking and he buys a wheelchair for you. for sure you will develop complications.

I wasn't that lazy and that active. i was stretching and wearing the footholder for more than 12 hrs per day and i pushed myself to walk the little distance to bathroom. but i didn't walk or stood a lot. adding to that the most tightness i felt was after the correction phase which last 3 days ( I was manpulating the bones using hex bods ) 6 rods to form hexagonal around the frame and are turned according to predefined turns by a computer. so this add alot of tightness to me.

my current situation 5 month after the operation (pure external tibias - 4cms) :
- I don't have knee bending ( I used to had them for 2 month but now gone )
- I don't have ballerina while walking my heel are on the ground but i need to walk and stretch 2 to 3 mins before they touch the ground.
- I didn't restore my full dorsiflexion my foot are almost 95 degrees which make me miss so much activities like standing without aids. standing straight, going down stairs.
- I have tibial splint in my left leg because of tight frontal tibia muscle.
- went from 171 to 175

Dirona

« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2018, 02:39:08 PM »

Are you the fake android?
Taking it easy

cheekycabs

« Reply #153 on: November 18, 2018, 03:04:50 PM »

Man oh man, this diary absolutely terrifies me. I've spoken to plenty of doctors, friends, and even read many diaries. I cannot believe that this doctor is recommending people to sit in bed and not promote physiotherapy and exercise. Walking and weight bearing promotes the bones to set in correctly. I'm trying to spend at least 2 hours training my legs, as well as upper body with weights in bed. I understand how little Russian doctors give a flying fook once the patient has paid and they aren't paying for extras, my doctor is the same. But at least my doctor said to "walk walk walk" whenever I could, and I figured it out from speaking with previous LL people to take stretching/PT seriously. It is undoubtedly painful, but every 2 days I'll get into the city and just try to walk to a coffee shop 600m away or something, even just to break the monotony of this horrible bed.

I am really hoping you can recover quickly man. Absolutely shocking about the misinformation that these guys get away with.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

doomsday

« Reply #154 on: November 18, 2018, 03:10:01 PM »

be very careful with russian chicks, once she is legally in the USA she will be the same as US women :D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up