Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctor dissapear after unilateral lenghtening process  (Read 1029 times)

LittleMember

Doctor dissapear after unilateral lenghtening process
« on: May 14, 2022, 07:42:55 PM »

Hello everybody,
I started lengthening process  (unilateral femur) 2.5 months ago with a Doctor i prefere not to mention by the moment (i will call him Doctor X).
The first days of lenghtening were all ok, even if it was painful. After 2 or 3 weeks, one of my arms started to feel like i lose strengh, pain and prickling sensation. All that time, the doctor just said that it would disappear and precribed a blood medicine... I am not living in the country where the operation was done, so i went to my doctor (in the country where i am living) to explain what is happening to me. He prescribed me some scaners (IRM) and discovered that "suspicion of cervico-brachial neuralgia".

Since then, Doctor X did not answer me anymore. This is frightening me even more since i need to make operation for the second femur... and he is just not answering for the second operation date...
Im really getting scared, so i do not know what should i do now... I am thinking about contact another doctor to finish the lenghtening process...
I would really like to know ur advices... Thanks  :'(

Thehighest

Re: Doctor dissapear after unilateral lenghtening process
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2022, 08:14:49 PM »

Let me Guess Dr Monegal was your doctor

randy

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2022, 04:31:27 AM »

Hi LittleMember,

Is the cervical neuralgia related to LL surgery? I don't understand how LL can cause that. Even if you got spinal anaesthesia that would have affected the lumbar spine and not the cervical spine. Did you understand the cause of this problem?

Solving the discrepancy should not be a difficult problem because any doctor in the world will do that for you. Since you are dealing with spinal issues, you might need to take MRIs (please check with your doctor). If so you cannot get Precice nail for your second leg because Precice does not allow taking MRIs. Many doctors will do FITBONE lengthening for you. I think Prof Baumgart will do it for you. I think I know which country you are in (I will not say it here) and know of an FITBONE LL doctor in your country who can fix the discrepancy. Please feel free to PM me.

Please update us with your story.

HeightGain

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2022, 08:30:13 AM »

Spinal can affect all regions of the spine. Unlikely, but it is possible.

tao

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2022, 09:19:31 AM »

how does LL surgery affect your spine bone ? confused....

informationispower

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2022, 10:46:08 AM »

Cervico-brachial neuralgia just means neurologic pain in the regions innervated by the brachial nerve. It has nothing to do with LL surgery unless during positioning in the OR your cervical or brachial regions were compressed. Also, how did you do an MRI scan if you have a metal rod inside of your leg?

HeightGain

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2022, 12:57:44 PM »

The symptoms described in the upper limbs are innervated by the C5 - T1 dermatomes, cervical/thoracic regions of the spinal cord. During spinal anaesthesia if positioning is not properly maintained then you can get transfer of agents superiorly and could result in a transient neuralgia. Such a mechanism is sometimes used intentionally

There are other means other than positional that could cause such symptoms but they are unlikely without concomitant systemic symptoms

LittleMember

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2022, 12:59:25 PM »

I don't know how it could affect... I am not doctor, i can just say that 1/2 weeks after the operation, i started to feel my arm like this... and right now is the same or worse... I am fking scared it will never leave. I am wondering the fact of just do bilateral operation affected my spine ?

Cervico-brachial neuralgia just means neurologic pain in the regions innervated by the brachial nerve. It has nothing to do with LL surgery unless during positioning in the OR your cervical or brachial regions were compressed. Also, how did you do an MRI scan if you have a metal rod inside of your leg?
To this questions i must say that i told the doctor where i am living about the operation and he knows i have a nail inside my leg, he didnt say anything. Also, i told Doctor X that i was going to make a scanner and Doctor X told: "i would have prescribed the same".
I think i was wrong. I did not do IRM, just scanner (sorry it the first time in my life i do that). But my doctor here prescribed me an ecographie and an IRM to better undestand the cause of the Cervico-brachial neuralgia... It is true that the hospital send me like a quiz asking me some questions. One of them is if i have any metal device in my body... I send it on friday so i didnt have an answer of the hospital... What can happen if i do IRM with fitbone?

I am freacking out... i dont know what it worse, the pain of my arm that doesnt allow me to sleep more that 2 hours straight every night, the fact that i dont know if one day it will leave, or the fact that the doctor X just dissapear...  :'( Before making this operation i would have never thought about changing of doctor... I am crying about just thinking about it...
Could you please tell me some doctors would do fitbone for me (in west europe if possible) and with a budget of around 20k€?

I am not here to blame anybody or enter in a doctor fight discussion. I really want to just find a solution... :'( :'( :'(

LittleMember

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2022, 01:23:31 PM »

how can i post the results? everytime i try the site says "Your attachment couldn't be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow." (even if it just some KB...).
Anyway here a link with the results of the scanner (in french)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oi9TBTYsuRvHjQ-rXRapKZXdJq6eDvyz/view?usp=sharing

randy

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2022, 01:32:55 PM »

I have heard of Franck Accadbled in France. I have no idea how much he charges. There are some surgeons in Germany like Kohne, Baumgart and Peter Thaller too. I think only Baumgart prefers using FITBONE though.

I hope your pain subsides soon. Maybe choose general anaesthesia for your next surgery. Most surgeons use general anaesthesia for LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up