Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Stage Internal Femur / Dr. Monegal /  (Read 11973 times)

Dylansaga

• Visitor
Re: Two Stage Internal Femur / Dr. Monegal /
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2018, 04:58:33 AM »

From 5'8 to almost 6 ft tall, wow, congrats man. Good luck with your next surgery!

yagen

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2018, 09:05:02 AM »

great consolidation!! have a good recovery.

montahn

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2018, 09:31:25 AM »

Did you got 2 surgeries ?? I mean first "6,5-7 cm with Tibia lengthening 6 years ago" & now again for few inches ?? is it true ?

Thanks.
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

Americanfootball

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2018, 09:54:44 AM »

Day+108

hey hey what s up guys?

@6.2dream

thanks, after recover well,  i can  get more a few cm, Knee extension became  much better than before   however not fully  straight( pre-op) and on the otherside, you should think some matter like  spine compression or  even postural problems which may reduce temporarily peak height,i think Measuring exact amount or calculation  depends on lots of factor. the most important is to be close your dream height and  feel enough tall and have good proportion.

Dylansaga yagen
thanks, my friends!

montahn

yeah, tibia(around 6,5cm) and now  femur( around 7.4cm)

i will visit Dr.Monegal next week and see my L.L friends and try to write you from there.   My mexican mate who stays in Mic says that they wait  for me to make Tequila party :)

STAY STRONG!

LiftMeUp

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2018, 08:30:37 PM »

Hey American Football,

Congrats on your progress!  Dr. Monegal fixed up my femurs in 2016.  Next May Dr. Monegal  is going to remove the fitbone device from my femur and he is going to be performing an encore on my tibias next May.   Maybe i missed it in an earlier post, when are you planning on getting  your other femur done?

Cheers!

ThatGuy

« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2018, 11:18:46 PM »

Day+108

hey hey what s up guys?

@6.2dream

thanks, after recover well,  i can  get more a few cm, Knee extension became  much better than before   however not fully  straight( pre-op) and on the otherside, you should think some matter like  spine compression or  even postural problems which may reduce temporarily peak height,i think Measuring exact amount or calculation  depends on lots of factor. the most important is to be close your dream height and  feel enough tall and have good proportion.

Dylansaga yagen
thanks, my friends!

montahn

yeah, tibia(around 6,5cm) and now  femur( around 7.4cm)

i will visit Dr.Monegal next week and see my L.L friends and try to write you from there.   My mexican mate who stays in Mic says that they wait  for me to make Tequila party :)

STAY STRONG!
Damn, you've gone from 5'8 to 6'2? what's your wingspan? Can you give us a before and after pic? Maybe I should go all in and attempt 6'2,  having a negative 1-2 wingspan would kinda suck tho.

notatroll

« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2018, 11:34:29 PM »

Beware. He didn't do tibia with Monegal. He has only done 1 femur with him. He isn't his final height yet … and he isn't 6'2. Do the maths

Americanfootball

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2018, 10:06:38 AM »

Beware. He didn't do tibia with Monegal. He has only done 1 femur with him. He isn't his final height yet … and he isn't 6'2. Do the maths
@troll
Are you my press secretary?
 dont enter this Zone unless i allow it!
I respond to everybody s sensible questions .
If you want write something,Create yourself a topic.  Put there your rational case and of course your X Rays! then you are allowed to write here.

@thatguy

i replied someone a nickname with 6.2 dream.i m not 6.2 but i can be 6,2 with shoes :) i will share photo after completed everything. in my opinion Wingspan is not vital important if you have good body shape.People dont realize how your wingspan is. The most important is to be tall and have good body shape. My body proportion is looking good   for Adult Male according to research. My lower and upper body are proportional. if i hadn't done tibia, it would  have  seen weird ( Long femur and short tibia). you can be  concerned about  it than wingspan. 

notatroll

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2018, 11:02:35 PM »

Did I lie? I only told the truth. You did tibias with other surgeon. You've done only one femur with Monegal. People don't read the whole diary and get a wrong idea.

@troll
Are you my press secretary?
 dont enter this Zone unless i allow it!
I respond to everybody s sensible questions .
If you want write something,Create yourself a topic.  Put there your rational case and of course your X Rays! then you are allowed to write here.

@thatguy

i replied someone a nickname with 6.2 dream.i m not 6.2 but i can be 6,2 with shoes :) i will share photo after completed everything. in my opinion Wingspan is not vital important if you have good body shape.People dont realize how your wingspan is. The most important is to be tall and have good body shape. My body proportion is looking good   for Adult Male according to research. My lower and upper body are proportional. if i hadn't done tibia, it would  have  seen weird ( Long femur and short tibia). you can be  concerned about  it than wingspan.

Cinderella

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2018, 11:15:23 PM »

Hi Americanfotballer!
Congratulations! Do you have recent X rays?
How is your progress? How is life with a longer leg? I had a discrepancy for more than 10 years but my solution was different than limb lengthening.

When are you doing your second leg? Stay strong

Americanfootball

« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2018, 02:33:13 PM »

4th Month after initial OP.

This is SPARTA! MY LAST X RAY ! i m just fighting and surviving ! 
to be continued...!

STAY STRONG!

Americanfootball

« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2018, 09:06:52 AM »

Hey hey what s up !Guys 8)

There is an issue that I should tell you.
You know i had said that I was going to do operation this month but i will wait because I haven’t stopped the lengthening yet. I decided to push my limit to reach maximum Because I had no complications except for knee flexion problem. being taller is the most amazing feel in this world. I discussed it with Monegal, He is so conservative and warned me about risks but i convinced him.
I will keep going  until reach solid 1.82(6.0)  I’m around there but I want to make it absolutely clear without magnification decrease etc.

As you see, my consolidation is very good. I push my routine 4 times 9 pulse with Doctor mode which gives more  potencie!
We will see it.

Meanwhile
I stopped calcium or any other things for time being.

Normally I can walk without crutches . Dr Monegal had let me to walk without c. after saw last x Ray. But I prefer not doing it so much.

Wish me luck...

STAY STRONG!

hotty

« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2018, 09:10:11 AM »

what will you do if your other leg has issues while lengthening? like if you get serve nerve pain at 3cm in the other leg, you cant continue? You cant even stop because your legs will be of different length each.

Americanfootball

« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2018, 03:17:28 AM »

what will you do if your other leg has issues while lengthening? like if you get serve nerve pain at 3cm in the other leg, you cant continue? You cant even stop because your legs will be of different length each.

You are right my friend but
I wasn't brought up in the woods to be scared by owls.
I prepare my second leg well as possible as I can. Muscle flexibility,
Tissue extensibility etc.
I think it may be easy  because that is not stiff as before or doing it slowly
can decrease nerve problem. Fortunately I havent experienced such a nerve problem with first leg.
So lets see it what will happen.

Americanfootball

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2018, 04:37:26 PM »

146 th Day

Hey hey What s up everybody?

i finished lengthening completely this time on 23th November  because The Fitbone have reached it s maximum and doesnt give any sound.It s good to know where to stop. The last stage was obviously hard. i pushed it everyday 4 times 9 pulse = 1,08 mm, during that time, i worked like a  crazy,  4-5 times stretching per day  and did lots of knee mobility exercises to prevent stiffness and maintain functionality of that area but Pay attention ! after  bone having good consolidation like in my case , you get less cm what you lengthened that s why it took time to reach maximum. (i must not have had a break so much) i think One leg femur operation has a disadvantage( ;)lol) that your bone consolidates well enough  because of moving,weightbearing , being active etc 

About Measurement :

i followed x ray routine, measured myself and  compared operated femur ,non operated femur. if you do unilateral ( two stage operation) it s big advantage that measure and compare femur at every stage that gives you some clear prediction. 
1. Measure: X Ray
2.Measure; From ASIS(Anterior superior iliac spine) to Mid-Patella
3.Measure:  (lateral)From The Head of Femur to the joint  of the knee

you can also choose another way of approaching the measurement. i used those 3 way.

I gave up the medication. i was using 50 mg Tramadol, low dose  muscle relaxant.

As a Supplement ; i am taking Calcium(1000-1500mg),Multivitamin,protein powder, eating well. taking not a special thing.

About training routine :

i apply  special Oil( warm up)with massage  before start training and then 10 -15 minutes standing hip flexion extension with skateboard,  standing knee flexion extension with skateboard, side skater lung( to stretch and increase tissue extensibility of  adductor muscle),it works very good,  ,i ride skateboard under my operated foot like forward backward or laterally while keeping my balance with my good leg and finally doing static stretch 3-5 times 20-30 sec per muscle group and using foam roller for regeneration.Besides a few physiotherapy session( i would definitely recommend it in addition to your program) That was my routine in general. Interestingly, sometimes you need really just a skateboard however please consult your physician before apply any exercise.

Conclusion:
Until now I'm very happy with result. i feel myself tall and stronger mentally . it s really big difference when i  compare myself by standing on operated leg( new height) and standing on good leg(old height)
Morever,Next to my girlfriend who is 1.65 m (5'4), i m a bit Tower lol

i was going to do my operation this week but  He is in Portugal to give information his own operation approach to committee so I informed Doctor Monegal about  my schedule and op dates that are the earliest  possible  time. He will arrange and organize it. i think it will be in two weeks and  i m planing to stay there one week and back to home.

Upps forgot! Meanwhile, i can walk with one crutches enough well, without crutches just a short distance at home, i couldn't fix my knee flexion problem to get Rom above 90° because i pushed a little bit  hard and won't be   giving enough time to heal fully until second operation starts) i dont want to wait anymore.i hope i overcome it.Second part will be really  big challenge.On another subject,Pain level became never problem for me,i had uncomfortable time especially during first second months due to sleeping position but it was  not unbearable, also  i have lots of tattoos so maybe my pain level is high.Furthermore think about it! “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty

STAY STRONG!

Americanfootball

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »

Hi Everyone

First of all, i wish you  a bright and happy new year!
so let s start it.

Second Operation: 13 December 2018
Stayed one week in Hospital and returned to home.Before i share  the last x ray, i want to give some details. Operation went well. Dr Monegal removed cable on first leg, it s the same process for the second leg. After discussed with Anesthetist,We decided to prefer  this time Femoral block. it means that it blocks the pain only from hip to knee on right side compare to Epidural that blocks all part of legs. i didn't need to have catheter.i was moving my legs. it was more comfortable than i expected.Pain level was 1-2/10.
During one week, i did 2 times physiotherapy. i realized that Right Leg flexibility was better than first leg.
Dr Monegal visited me every day, i tried to stand up with his help. i was taller than him :D, he was a little bit upset, jajajaj. He asked me everyday what i need. Medical team(Nurse,Physio,He etc) is always around you and you dont feel lonely. 

Return to Home:
it has been unbelievable experiment for me. i had booked already tickets but i had no power to go home. i had still swelling. i wasn't imaging to reach home by walking like first operation.
First operated leg had enough consolidation to support me but i didn't know i was not ready to move. i think i felt exhausted mentally. Many thanks to  Dr Monegal brought a wheelchair and we  went to airport with his car then it was so funny he was running and driving wheelchair. everything was fine with wheelchair but later?  My friend took me from airport. it was ok to get in car. but problem how could be able to  reach home after got out of car because i wasn't be able to walk and even if stand! so i laid down on cold ground , my friend hold my legs like push up positions. i walked and climbed stairs with upper body :))) we were laughing loudly at home hahah. so after a few days, i was feeling better and started to stand up and walk.  Now everything is ok. i m walking with crutches and reached 2-3 cm.

yesterday i removed the stitches myself at home. i didn't go to hospital for this,  i dont wanna hear from people what happened questions? it makes me so boring.
Now only problem  is knee flexion on first leg . Knee extension is perfect. i hope i solve this as soon as possible. Pain without drugs  is more during nights, you know i was using not much painkiller but now  i take tramadol 100 mg nights, makes me so relieved.

STAY STRONG

Americanfootball

« Reply #47 on: January 07, 2019, 12:34:33 PM »

Hi my friends,
it was taken on 13th December, approx 5 months after initial operation.
as i said, i had reached maximum limit, when you take magnification factor into consideration, got fully 8 cm.

STAY STRONG

Bushguy

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2019, 06:06:26 PM »

Congrats Man keep updating!

Americanfootball

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2019, 06:35:53 PM »

Hello everyone, 7.month

Don t worry, I m not dead  :) you know, the second stage is like a first stage, but I want to give some crucial details about my  physical progress and experience.

Key points:
-Number 1: I recommend strongly that  before you do operation, do lots of quadriceps strech, of course other parts are so important but Quadriceps is a kind of strong muscle and Vastus lateralis which is one of the quadriceps muscle,streching it is effectively  impossible during the treatment when your muscle start to become tight. The only way is massage.Keep your muscles flexible.

-Number 2 : After surgery,when swelling goes down, keep your joints as mobile as possible by riding bicycle and using  skateboard would be perfect option to maintain knee flexion and extension( sitting somewhere and doing forward backward)

-Number 3:  absolutely doing 3-4 times physiotherapy per week.

so I reached almost 5cm for other leg, I walk with 2 crutches and stand full weight bearing  on first operated leg.i had a minor infection on knee, I really didn't understand how it  happened  and it disappeared  in  a week( Monegal recommended me some antibiotics). I realised that second leg is much better than first leg as a flexibility, lengthening, muscle tightness etc but of course mentally it s not a walk in park.
it s early to conclude that everything is perfect or bad but I m fine. I visit Dr Monegal next month. I write details.

People reactions :  I met my old friends. I swear that first question is   you are so tall, what happened to you? I say I weighed down( really lost 10 kg) and had postural problems, bla bla and I'm laughing :) and I say my ego is a little bit high not my height  ;)

Meanwhile I keep in touch with  people whom I met in Mic. A man who is 50 years old and  did 5 cm  (from Madrid), he sent me walking and climbing stairs video, his 7 months after initial operation,  he has unbelievable joint range of motion.
Another guy from Mexico who did 7,5 and finished lengthening last month proportional looks  good, he was trying to ride stationary bicycle but he needs time. A guy from Egypt did second leg after one year ( I asked the reason) He said he was so busy because of job.He was looking good and did second leg.

so Friends, recover recover recover , time time time. 3 words to describe my life.  I will continue to share my experiences and will make video for you as soon soon I can able to walk and perhaps run video in future. but I m here, don't worry.

STAY STRONG!

Americanfootball

« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2019, 03:48:11 PM »

My job is related to sport and especially soccer. I had always a dream to watch Barcelona game in Noucamp. I’m so lucky and appreciate that my doctor made an suprise for me, I don’t think he need to sale something, Clever people has already choosen  him. you don’t need cry again here.

notatroll

« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2019, 06:23:15 PM »

My job is related to sport and especially soccer. I had always a dream to watch Barcelona game in Noucamp. I’m so lucky and appreciate that my doctor made an suprise for me, I don’t think he need to sale something, Clever people has already choosen  him. you don’t need cry again here.

BEWARE. Many former patients have reported being invited to football matches. It's Monegal's sales technique even with prospective patients. Others are invited lunch and dinner and then pushed to write positive reviews in the web. SUCKS. Did you also get a discount? SUCKS. Medicine is not a game.

LLwarrior

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »

post a photo of your full body , so we can see proportions

Americanfootball

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2019, 12:27:42 PM »

If I were an engineer or had another job, I wouldn’t go to match. If Fc Barcelona had been eliminated before , he wouldn’t have invited me to match etc.  this happened spontaneously. This is destination. but you incredibly obsessed with him. Whatever I say, your mind create nonsense things. Do me a favour, go to psychiatrist.
I had completed first stage and  the second part will be finished soon. I had already paid everything like everybody. that s why I'm taking now best treatment, and doing very well. Quality is not cheap.

Look I’m here not to discuss with you, just simply share my experience with people as I had said it at the beginning. We should aim to be healthy and Nobody needs nobody. Morever in related to my job,  I just want to help people with my experience, tips, important points on this way. Because I was at the same position anyway continue to give some useful information in related to my progress.

Americanfootball

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2019, 01:48:30 PM »

Hi everyone,

Left Side: 8.Month after initial ope (8 cm)
Right Side: 3.Month ( 7 cm)

fully weightbearing on left side without problem, I still walking with crutches and doing lengthening at home.

zlRadamanthys

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2019, 01:10:18 AM »

Hello american football, I'm from South America and I would like to ask you a few questions, what was your initial height before the two surgeries, what is your size, your US shoe size and also who did you warm and what method did you use, it would be very helpful if You answer these questions. I hope that this super good and my best wishes with you
Morning height: 170-171 cm
Night height: 169cm - 168cm
Inseam: 80 cm
Winspan: 178 cm
My objetive is: 6,5 or 7 cm

Americanfootball

« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2019, 02:23:38 PM »

@zlradamanthys
thanks ! my initial height was between 1.67-1.68 - (5.4ft)- (5.5ft).  my body type is the mesomorph, looking very athletic. I love Italian style, fashion and prefer my clothes to be slim and skinny fitting especially now, it suits me well.    I remember I was wearing very loose jeans before those operations. L.L realizes your fashion dreams :)  Shoe size is "9"U.S. Again!  only being taller makes  you not good-looking. A shaped Body, Hair Style, Wearing style,Your Education,  Your Humour, your Character  are important too.

Meanwhile I took last telemetry a few days ago and write you all about details. 

STAY STRONG!

Americanfootball

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2019, 05:09:40 PM »

Last uptade: 16.04.2019

we did last week a telemetry of both legs. Right femur was 0,9mm shorter than left after Dr Monegal analysed carefully on computer. But I wasn't fully extended my right leg but almost there  that's why we decided to do 6 days 0,8mm and it might be equal with clear extension.it looks apparently the same but you know calculating mm is difficult. Meanwhile before initial operation, my tibia was 0,4 mm longer than the other. I had no problem with that.
when I was there, I met with my older friend who comes from Taragona and had done 5 cm. His progress was really amazing, walking nice and smooth and especially knee flexion was unbelivable. we went to pharmacy and measured our height with shoe, I was 1.84m (6.03 ft) and he was 1.77 (5.9 ft ). his initial height was 1.70m (5.6 ft).His recommendations was that lots of swimming ( doing squat in swimming-pool) and using CPM machine regularly.
Meanwhile, I will visit Monegal tomorrow soon again.

Key Points:
- Left leg consolidation was much better than right. What interesting is that I have done much less clicingk with right foot. I compared it and  if you have really good powerful bone growth like me, it makes so much difference. you have to do more clicking. The best thing you can do  that taking X rays regularly and follow Doctors instructions. I had visited him every 3 week in there.

- I recommend you certainly and scientifically  doing Active  Isolated Strech(holding 2 seconds and relax) than static stretch(holding between 30-60 seconds) The reason! After 2 seconds, starting body's protective myotatic reflex and inhibits the stretch potential of a muscle. 
During the lengthening, by doing Active isolated stretching, every time  a new range of motion is achieved, new neural pathways are produced.

STAY STRONG!

concernedmom

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2019, 05:22:50 PM »

How did you get from 167 to 184. Did you do both segments? That is a lot of lengthening.

Americanfootball

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2019, 05:50:17 PM »

@concernedmom

if you read it carefully, 1.84 with shoes. I'm solid (1.81-1.81.5m) barefoot and it changes during the day( morning-evening height).

STAY STRONG!

concernedmom

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »

That is a big change. Congrats!

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »

@concernedmom

if you read it carefully, 1.84 with shoes. I'm solid (1.81-1.81.5m) barefoot and it changes during the day( morning-evening height).

STAY STRONG!

Very nice.
You are Mesomorph, right? What is your size and foot size? I have a cousin who has 5'9 and foot size 37 the equivalent of 7.5 in the US, very small. But not so strange.

Now that you have 1.84m of shoes, do you consider yourself tall? And the highest in most environments?
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up