Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I can feel my stature is undermining my life  (Read 2011 times)

TallerDream

I can feel my stature is undermining my life
« on: August 04, 2018, 01:45:29 AM »

First of all, I am 22yo and around 5’9, perhaps 5’8 in the evening especially if I lift weights (I’ve noticed I shrink slightly more after doing it). It took me a while to figure out my main issue in life which is my height. Growing up I never really thought about it, I always felt normal per se, and I started bodybuilding at a very young age. Instead of focusing on my stature I focused on achieving an impressive body, I really idolised bodybuilders and I wanted to look like them. I am a very ambitious person, I take a good care of myself, I dress well, I have good posture and manners and in overall I regard myself as a succeeding individual, I graduated from a good London university in Economics and life is great but now that I am fully grown I started noticing how people perceive me as less of a man, I have a cute face I’ve been told that makes me look younger and with my mediocre height people often ask how old I am and perceive me as much younger. In pretty much all social situations people neglect me and I feel invisible. In terms of dating things are not much better, I genuinely feel women keep going after the taller good looking guys and I’m ignored. The only women I’m able to attract are average looking or the bad looking ones. I used to have a great physique from bodybuilding I even did steroids at some point when I was 19, erroneously but I can’t change the past now. Unfortunately, I went through a severe depression,  after me and my ex broke up, and I’m still fighting against it. I gained roughly 10-15kg, I feel like crap but keeping my diet in check and working out regularly to revert it. I seriously believe if I could be taller I could be so much happier, I’m tired of the comments of people saying muscles on me look bad because of my short stature, I’m tired of, for example right now, I’m spending a week in Ibiza and I see 95% of the guys much taller than me and lots of women either my height or taller, I’m tired of being perceived as less worthy when I am a very bright, courageous and persevering individual than most men out there but no one can see it, only me, because the only thing others see is a short guy. I’m tired of this life, intrinsically I feel so valuable and manly, capable of conquering anything in life, but I want to be respected, I want to feel like a real man, I want attention from hot women, I wanna be noticed and desired by hot women and not seen as a teenager who’s probably virgin. I used to be so obsessed with muscles and strength but now I don’t really care about it anymore because at the end of the day I’m a short guy that’s towered by most guys. I am supposed to be average but how am I average when every white guy I see is taller than me? Honestly I wish I could be a tall man, it’s like a dream for me I would trade anything for it. I want it so bad I’m willing to go to extreme lengths to accomplish it, at this point I just want the means to get it done. It’s hard to write everything in just one post but I hope I could transmit the mental suffering I’ve been going through. I am a great man inside and I want others to see how great I am. I’ve been doing quite a bit of searching for a while now regarding the possible methods, pros and cons, patients experiences and so on. I would like to do femurs first, 3 inches, to reach that 6 feet threshold. People argue above 6.5cm for femurs can become problematic but I would like some opinions in regards to my goal and its feasibility. A thing I’ve observed in this forum is that lots of people contemplate the procedure, dream about it and discuss about it but never actually do it, only a small percentage of people do and I am one of them. We only live once and I want the best for me, who doesn’t? I thought also about doing tibias later for a couple more inches and reach, supposedly, 6’2 but it’s easier said then done. One procedure on its own is already hassling but if could cope with it and not become crippled I would return for tibias as well even for the sake of improving the proportions.

Johnson1111

Re: I can feel my stature is undermining my life
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2018, 01:53:17 AM »

You're lost. You need to find if LL is the true cause of your problems, you will limit your athletic ability immensely and it'll never come back. Once you make that decision it's over and 5'9" it's definitely justifiable as it's below average height, but it's not enough to really impact your life to the point where you're at an extreme handicap that cannot be compensated for. At 5'4" nothing can compensate. At 5'9" it's much easier.

Think long and hard about this. Let the emotional wave pass and let the logical wave arrive before you make the decision.

I wish you luck either way sir

Sweden

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2018, 02:30:17 AM »

Don’t bother regarding the hot women. They’ll only give you trouble in one way or another.

Do it for yourself, when you’re not depressed.

But hell, don’t go for that much lengthening, you’ll look like a freak.

Good luck.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 03:39:40 AM »

First of all, I am 22yo and around 5’9, perhaps 5’8 in the evening especially if I lift weights (I’ve noticed I shrink slightly more after doing it). It took me a while to figure out my main issue in life which is my height. Growing up I never really thought about it, I always felt normal per se, and I started bodybuilding at a very young age. Instead of focusing on my stature I focused on achieving an impressive body, I really idolised bodybuilders and I wanted to look like them. I am a very ambitious person, I take a good care of myself, I dress well, I have good posture and manners and in overall I regard myself as a succeeding individual, I graduated from a good London university in Economics and life is great but now that I am fully grown I started noticing how people perceive me as less of a man, I have a cute face I’ve been told that makes me look younger and with my mediocre height people often ask how old I am and perceive me as much younger. In pretty much all social situations people neglect me and I feel invisible. In terms of dating things are not much better, I genuinely feel women keep going after the taller good looking guys and I’m ignored. The only women I’m able to attract are average looking or the bad looking ones. I used to have a great physique from bodybuilding I even did steroids at some point when I was 19, erroneously but I can’t change the past now. Unfortunately, I went through a severe depression,  after me and my ex broke up, and I’m still fighting against it. I gained roughly 10-15kg, I feel like crap but keeping my diet in check and working out regularly to revert it. I seriously believe if I could be taller I could be so much happier, I’m tired of the comments of people saying muscles on me look bad because of my short stature, I’m tired of, for example right now, I’m spending a week in Ibiza and I see 95% of the guys much taller than me and lots of women either my height or taller, I’m tired of being perceived as less worthy when I am a very bright, courageous and persevering individual than most men out there but no one can see it, only me, because the only thing others see is a short guy. I’m tired of this life, intrinsically I feel so valuable and manly, capable of conquering anything in life, but I want to be respected, I want to feel like a real man, I want attention from hot women, I wanna be noticed and desired by hot women and not seen as a teenager who’s probably virgin. I used to be so obsessed with muscles and strength but now I don’t really care about it anymore because at the end of the day I’m a short guy that’s towered by most guys. I am supposed to be average but how am I average when every white guy I see is taller than me? Honestly I wish I could be a tall man, it’s like a dream for me I would trade anything for it. I want it so bad I’m willing to go to extreme lengths to accomplish it, at this point I just want the means to get it done. It’s hard to write everything in just one post but I hope I could transmit the mental suffering I’ve been going through. I am a great man inside and I want others to see how great I am. I’ve been doing quite a bit of searching for a while now regarding the possible methods, pros and cons, patients experiences and so on. I would like to do femurs first, 3 inches, to reach that 6 feet threshold. People argue above 6.5cm for femurs can become problematic but I would like some opinions in regards to my goal and its feasibility. A thing I’ve observed in this forum is that lots of people contemplate the procedure, dream about it and discuss about it but never actually do it, only a small percentage of people do and I am one of them. We only live once and I want the best for me, who doesn’t? I thought also about doing tibias later for a couple more inches and reach, supposedly, 6’2 but it’s easier said then done. One procedure on its own is already hassling but if could cope with it and not become crippled I would return for tibias as well even for the sake of improving the proportions.

You are lost, making lots of imaginations in your mind and need a psychiatrist and not LL. You are trying to blame your height (which is fine) for things which have got nothing to do your height. I wish you a better mental situation. Thanks.

Bosnian2018

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2018, 10:38:20 PM »

If your 5'9" wear bigger shoes. Yeah youl see taller white guys and yeah 6 foot or taller is another class of its own. However at 5'9" if you are having problems picking up women.  There is something else going on. Then again being 6'2" might fix it all.

myloginacc

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 11:29:45 PM »

5'9 is not short. You just saw a lot of taller guys. They exist. Tall people will always exist. Taller people than you, even after a quadrilateral LL, will always still exist. Women taller than you will still exist even if you lengthened 20cm in your legs.

Here are some statistics from OYG:

Only 5% of American women are taller than you. 95% are not.

Be realistic.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Moon knight

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2018, 01:16:15 AM »

We’re all here for the same reason we all want to be taller no matter what now I understand why people would be annoyed at someone 5’9 wanting LL but we’re willing to go through with surgery to be taller as well so it’ll be a bit hypocritical if we knock this guy for wanting more height, which is why I’ll never have a go at someone wanting to be taller it’s something we all want no matter what height we are starting at.

Now having glanced at one of the replies you got where it’s talking about you wanting 20 cm that’s insane numbers I say and it’s only my personal opinion but the safe way and safe limit is 10 cm over two segments and two surgeries it’ll be better for both your physical ability plus your recovery and to be honest you can get away with it perportion wise, so if your 5’9 then that would bring you to a comfortable 6’1 worst case if your 5’8 you end up at a nice 6’0 which really isn’t that bad
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

YungGud

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2018, 04:06:46 AM »

i also want to be 6 ft 2 :-[
but its so realistic in my case ,just question of money...
here in central/eastern Europe,its hard save money
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2018, 09:33:27 PM »

We’re all here for the same reason we all want to be taller no matter what now I understand why people would be annoyed at someone 5’9 wanting LL but we’re willing to go through with surgery to be taller as well so it’ll be a bit hypocritical if we knock this guy for wanting more height, which is why I’ll never have a go at someone wanting to be taller it’s something we all want no matter what height we are starting at.

Now having glanced at one of the replies you got where it’s talking about you wanting 20 cm that’s insane numbers I say and it’s only my personal opinion but the safe way and safe limit is 10 cm over two segments and two surgeries it’ll be better for both your physical ability plus your recovery and to be honest you can get away with it perportion wise, so if your 5’9 then that would bring you to a comfortable 6’1 worst case if your 5’8 you end up at a nice 6’0 which really isn’t that bad

You are mistaken, first of all if somebody is blaming their height for failures that have got nothing to do their height it shows mental illness , second if somebody wants to be a model and feel tat is why they need to go from 5/9 to 6'2 or something then it makes a little more sense but not that much. It is not a candy that you just go and buy and eat and feel good. You have no idea what LL means and you have failed to realize that LL should be done/considered only in rare situations and not just because somebody wants to find things to blame (e.g. height) that have got nothing to do with their failures in life.

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2018, 10:12:02 PM »

Dude, 6'2'' is not enough for top tier hotties. I'm talking 8s+ here. You need 6'3''+ to be in the top tier game now. In recent generations guys have become MUCH taller. And the club scene is insane, all guys 6 feet +, you need to be "THE TALL 6'4''" guy to stand out.

I'm 6'2'' and I only get laid with 7 after hundreds of approaches with maxxxxxed out physique, face and money game. Girls constantly tell me how they love really tall guys. Really tall = 6'4'' or higher. I see these guys with harems of girls. 6'2''  is good in shorter countries, but not in Netherlands, Scandinavia or Eastern Europe.
banned for trolling and abuse of forum signature

Moon knight

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2018, 10:13:30 PM »

You are mistaken, first of all if somebody is blaming their height for failures that have got nothing to do their height it shows mental illness , second if somebody wants to be a model and feel tat is why they need to go from 5/9 to 6'2 or something then it makes a little more sense but not that much. It is not a candy that you just go and buy and eat and feel good. You have no idea what LL means and you have failed to realize that LL should be done/considered only in rare situations and not just because somebody wants to find things to blame (e.g. height) that have got nothing to do with their failures in life.

So explain to me what is the exception for someone wanting to get taller through LL I understand and agree with you on your reasons against but this forum doesn’t just have people who are 5’3 on it who want to be taller if people want it they have every right to do it regardless of the reason this forum should be a place where they can feel that they can share their reasons without feeling like being made public enemy number 1 unfortunately people believe because that because they are shorter then they have a priority over someone else who wants to be taller, you have a problem with your height trust me your not the only one
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2018, 10:50:56 PM »

Being 5.9 don't let you some times live life at max in terms of dating.
But only that, nothing more or less.
Becoming above 5.11 will fix that problem. If a women rejects an 5.11 for height she is a lunatic and noone should care.

So becoming 6.2 to feel completely ok shows a mental illness.
Your height is ok but not excellent. You dont need more than one LL to be almost excellent though in terms of height.

TallerDream

« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2018, 12:52:47 AM »

hey guys, I've been a little busy so only now I've had time to catch up with the responses and I, wholeheartedly, appreciate your input.
Obviously dating for me, as a young man, is quite important and for all of us it should be, no one enjoys being rejected all the time and see that other guy likely with a less handsome face and fewer qualities taking home the girl you supposedly wanted simply because he's got a more masculine stature. But for me doing LL stretches beyond the inevitable adversities in that field, I genuinely would like to see myself taller and it would such an immense boost in my confidence...in fact, another reason why I believe LL could actually be beneficial for me aesthetically are my short legs. My torso is long and I have short legs and it's embarrassing, I seem disproportionate and from a distance, I seem even shorter because of that trait. It looks like I was supposed to be 6 feet or something like that but my legs didn't accompany my upper body growth. I believe the man looks more aesthetic and manlier with legs longer than the torso something like, in percentages, 55-60% legs, 40-45% torso.
I'm well aware most people here would kill to be 5'9, it's been depressing being at this height, I don't really care about what statistics attest but I don't feel average in London and the UK in general. I hardly ever see white guys as tall as me, usually, I only get to be taller than old people (which doesn't matter), Asians and Indians. I am in fact Portuguese, where the average man, allegedly is 5'8. There I feel normal but I am still towered by many especially young guys. I feel like I am taller than many but still among the men my age I feel behind so statistics don't mean much. Socially it sucks, 5'9 is not enough for people to take you seriously like a real man, I've experienced more than once how people (even siblings and other family members) treat me like if I was inferior and less attractive. All of these things such as the difficulty to attract women, being fatter now and being treated like a child are really killing me, I am treating my depression and working my ass off in the gym but I don't think I will ever own my height.

As far as the athletic ability goes, that is my main concern, I would be happy if with patience I could run at least and workout in the gym, to get a chiselled upper body and try to at least have a bit of mass on my legs relying more on lightweight and more reps. I know this would be tough but who knows I am still young and if I remain aboveboard with going ahead with this once I gather the funds I hope I will still be on my 20s so that could help regarding recovery and to become used to the new elongated bone.

Some of you said aiming for 6'2 would mess me up but quite frankly I believe my proportions could handle an additional 5 inches. Besides, if I only opted to lengthen one of the segments wouldn't it look stupid having long ass femurs and short tibias or the other way around? In theory, it sounds 8cm on my femur and 5cm on my tibias would lengthen both segments and my legs would remain proportionate. That would be 13cm, bringing me to 6'2.

Dude, 6'2'' is not enough for top tier hotties. I'm talking 8s+ here. You need 6'3''+ to be in the top tier game now. In recent generations guys have become MUCH taller. And the club scene is insane, all guys 6 feet +, you need to be "THE TALL 6'4''" guy to stand out.

I'm 6'2'' and I only get laid with 7 after hundreds of approaches with maxxxxxed out physique, face and money game. Girls constantly tell me how they love really tall guys. Really tall = 6'4'' or higher. I see these guys with harems of girls. 6'2''  is good in shorter countries, but not in Netherlands, Scandinavia or Eastern Europe.

Are you serious? I think 6'2 is a very good height anywhere, you will tower most chicks and providing you have good social status, money, physique and face you can get pretty much any girl you want... plus girls can't even tell a 2 inch difference let alone inside a crowded nightclub and tipsy. Sorry but this is ludicrous but I understand you and you are in a good position to become seriously tall so if that would make you happier then why not but it might take its toll on your physique. Honestly, why don't you wear 2 inch elevator shoes just whenever you go partying to stand out a bit more? A cheaper, straightforward and faster solution. If you can't get the hottest chicks something else is wrong.

This is all to say that I am depressed and I would never subject myself to something like this now nor do I think my height would solve all my life problems but would it help? oh yes it would and a lot, I don't care what people say but height is very important in men and I don't wanna spend my entire life trying to compensate for something I can't change but will always drag me down.

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2018, 09:37:06 AM »

TallerDream, I'm just being real with you. For average girls and Beckies - yes, 6'2'' is "sufficient" if you have above average face and are somewhat cool. But for hot girls to actually DESIRE you 6'2'' won't cut it unless you have male model face and very high status. You need more than that to get attention from legit top tier hot girls. Believe me, I know this. I can attract 7s with effort, but 8+ or 9s, there is just not way. They all want tall basketball player type of guys.

TallerDream

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »

TallerDream, I'm just being real with you. For average girls and Beckies - yes, 6'2'' is "sufficient" if you have above average face and are somewhat cool. But for hot girls to actually DESIRE you 6'2'' won't cut it unless you have male model face and very high status. You need more than that to get attention from legit top tier hot girls. Believe me, I know this. I can attract 7s with effort, but 8+ or 9s, there is just not way. They all want tall basketball player type of guys.

Are you from America? That might be the reason... american chicks are known to be obsessed with tall guys... here in Western Europe, I’ve been to Spain, Italy and France on holidays and I see guys in the 6-6’2 range with really hot girls all the time... you don’t need to be the tallest just tall enough I guess along with other qualities like a good looking face with a sharp jawline, a lean physique, game and social status. In London is pretty much the same scenario. But average guys like me 5’8-5’10 it’s rare that’s a fact

Johnson1111

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2018, 01:02:03 PM »

If you cannot get 8's and 9's at 6'2" it's over. You're already close to swallowing the age pill at 30 too. Life is tough but for those prime women 8-9 like you say it will never happen when you're 40 no matter how tall you are.

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2018, 03:37:30 PM »

Are you from America? That might be the reason... american chicks are known to be obsessed with tall guys... here in Western Europe, I’ve been to Spain, Italy and France on holidays and I see guys in the 6-6’2 range with really hot girls all the time... you don’t need to be the tallest just tall enough I guess along with other qualities like a good looking face with a sharp jawline, a lean physique, game and social status. In London is pretty much the same scenario. But average guys like me 5’8-5’10 it’s rare that’s a fact
No, I'm not from America. I'm from a way taller country than US

You're already close to swallowing the age pill at 30 too.

Age pill is a meme. For me it doesn't matter. I look way too young. Girls who are younger than me think I'm younger than them. In fact it is a downside if anything. Height, frame and face is everything. Face has to be masculine, but if it is not, you better make up for it by being a "WOW HE IS TALL" guy, not just "tallish".

6'2_dream

« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2018, 03:54:43 PM »

friend
I understand you, 6'2 (1.88) is a dream for me too, I have 5'10 (1.78) wingspan 6'1 (1.85), but even for me it would be a great challenge to reach that point , I think maybe I could get 7.5cm in the femur and reach the 6'1 (1,85). but cosmetic stretching is not widespread in Brazil and would be very expensive, the cost of living is expensive in my country.

but you seem to be suffering a lot, beware that depression is a serious problem, go to a psychiatrist and psychologist, take care of your mental health, you should not blame your height, maybe being too hard on yourself, get help and take care of mental health, because stretching with much anticipation can cause depression, and if you are already depressed this can be terrible for you and your recovery.
get on well with yourself and then do the stretching as a gift for you.
but take it easy maybe 6'2 is too big and you get disproportionate with your arms

I hope you have a lot of success in your future!
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 04:08:42 PM »

Honestly, from the massive wall of meek, nervous text you've written I can tell that you're not the kind of guy to get hot girls based on that alone, and that you have some mental issues. Yes your height is short, yes there are plenty of 6ft white guys and white girls are huge on average these days, but there are also 6'+ guys who are in the same situation as you (losers, no friends, trouble getting girls), trust me, A LOT.

If you are not "naturally" able to get hot woman or whatever or you don't feel like you are "naturally" a leader or man then sorry to tell you this but it will probably never happen. No amount of getting taller, body building, "confidence," grooming or surgery even, will ever change that. There are just some people who are just naturally able to do these things, move around better socially, score with women better than you and it's probably all down to brain chemistry. I know 5'6 guys with plenty of friends, who have had hot girlfriends, and really good lives, and I would KILL to be them, but guess what? I personally can't cope with my height at all, and I feel like it's really weighed me down as well. In reality, it probably hasn't as much as I think, but if you let it get into your head it absolutely will.

There are at least 10 million men in America alone who are shorter than 5'5 and living normal lives, getting married, having kids. How? I have no idea honestly. I genuinely can't believe they all don't mass suicide. But they make it work somehow. I will never understand. I would be so miserable I wouldn't be able to leave bed, I would personally definitely have an even more atrocious social and sxx life than I do now. But guess what? I've met and seen guys who are maybe 5'3, who have wives and kids and seem happy and unaffected. And I really mean, despite the fact that they are that height, they really do not pay attention to their height at all, it's insane to me. Some people are just able to cope better, some people just have different brain chemistry. I wish I had a better answer for you but that's the truth. I really think it's unlikely getting LL will change your situation to much, you just sound like an anxious, nervous person to me.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:30:53 PM by CaptainAmerica »

tallertree

« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 04:27:32 PM »

If you are above 168cm and feel that your life is sh*t  because of your height, then your height is not the primarily problem, but rather your social skills.

6feet2isTooShort

• IT'S OVER
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »

Honestly, from the massive wall of meek, nervous text you've written I can tell that you're not the kind of guy to get hot girls based on that alone, and that you have some mental issues.

If a hot tall guy would've made that post, girls would think he is "cute" and "quirky" and that his nervousness is "adorable". Stop sugar coating the harsh truth.

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 09:45:12 PM »

So explain to me what is the exception for someone wanting to get taller through LL I understand and agree with you on your reasons against but this forum doesn’t just have people who are 5’3 on it who want to be taller if people want it they have every right to do it regardless of the reason this forum should be a place where they can feel that they can share their reasons without feeling like being made public enemy number 1 unfortunately people believe because that because they are shorter then they have a priority over someone else who wants to be taller, you have a problem with your height trust me your not the only one

dude, nobody is calling anybody public enemy, people can do whatever they want, just like many people  have destroyed their faces with hundreds of surgeries, it is just that in the west there is too much obsession with 6' height, D cup boobies, perfect nose etc. and people get confused on what is real what is nit needed, what is needed, what is too much, etc.

TallerDream

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2018, 01:37:05 AM »

Honestly, from the massive wall of meek, nervous text you've written I can tell that you're not the kind of guy to get hot girls based on that alone, and that you have some mental issues. Yes your height is short, yes there are plenty of 6ft white guys and white girls are huge on average these days, but there are also 6'+ guys who are in the same situation as you (losers, no friends, trouble getting girls), trust me, A LOT.

If you are not "naturally" able to get hot woman or whatever or you don't feel like you are "naturally" a leader or man then sorry to tell you this but it will probably never happen. No amount of getting taller, body building, "confidence," grooming or surgery even, will ever change that. There are just some people who are just naturally able to do these things, move around better socially, score with women better than you and it's probably all down to brain chemistry. I know 5'6 guys with plenty of friends, who have had hot girlfriends, and really good lives, and I would KILL to be them, but guess what? I personally can't cope with my height at all, and I feel like it's really weighed me down as well. In reality, it probably hasn't as much as I think, but if you let it get into your head it absolutely will.

There are at least 10 million men in America alone who are shorter than 5'5 and living normal lives, getting married, having kids. How? I have no idea honestly. I genuinely can't believe they all don't mass suicide. But they make it work somehow. I will never understand. I would be so miserable I wouldn't be able to leave bed, I would personally definitely have an even more atrocious social and sxx life than I do now. But guess what? I've met and seen guys who are maybe 5'3, who have wives and kids and seem happy and unaffected. And I really mean, despite the fact that they are that height, they really do not pay attention to their height at all, it's insane to me. Some people are just able to cope better, some people just have different brain chemistry. I wish I had a better answer for you but that's the truth. I really think it's unlikely getting LL will change your situation to much, you just sound like an anxious, nervous person to me.

That was harsh but it's the truth. My life sucks right now and essentially is because of my poor social skills, not my height. It's difficult to change, I am not an introvert but despite having a few friends and a few sexual experiences under my belt I still feel my life sucks and my biggest flaw is my lack of skill to conquer women through good conversational skills and my personality. And the truth is that no amount of extra height, muscle definition, clothes or grooming is ever gonna make up for that so that's why I am focused on overcoming my depression and trying my best to constantly diversify my daily habits, go out more and get out more of my comfort zone to start ingraining these social competencies I lack. I know I probably will never be charismatic like certain guys, that's usually something that you inherit. However, that doesn't mean I can't improve, I can and I will.

I have reiterated before and I will say this again, get it through your head, I am not doing this because of women, If I go ahead with this I will do it for myself. Will it likely give me a confidence boost when approaching women and perhaps raise my chances to get laid, maybe but a thing I learned is that despite women coming across as shallow, some of them, are more emotional than men. The physical attractiveness matters more to us, when picking a prospective girlfriend or lay or whatever than to them when selecting guys. Hence why I see average guys with hot girls all the time. So no, if I do this is because I want to look taller, more aesthetic with long legs and more masculine. 5'9 sucks because I see nowadays kids left and right as tall as me and makes me feel like crap. So getting taller would make me feel better about myself and more confident to interact with women and conquer them but I see that as an added bonus rather than the main motive to consider LL.
The ability to attract women with what you say or your gestures isn't something LL is gonna teach you, that's a fortitude we all have to learn on our own and will improve our love lives so much more than to lengthen our limbs.

This is all to say getting taller, on its own, won't solve all my problems and miraculously make my life wonderful but it would help me a lot in terms of feeling good about my appearance and become more confident to deal with people regardless of gender. Better to be taller with less athletic ability than stuck with height neurosis that makes you depressed and doesn't let you enjoy life and sucks so much energy out of you.

Hope with this explanation i've shown why I would like to get LL done and haven't shown any signs of "nervousness".

Moon knight

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2018, 10:47:45 AM »

dude, nobody is calling anybody public enemy, people can do whatever they want, just like many people  have destroyed their faces with hundreds of surgeries, it is just that in the west there is too much obsession with 6' height, D cup boobies, perfect nose etc. and people get confused on what is real what is nit needed, what is needed, what is too much, etc.

I understand what your saying but in this day and age who is natural I mean look even at celebrities they change their appearance so much it’s actually only a matter of time before they change their height as well they set the example of what people believe is ok.

It’s just life that people are going to do things to alter themselves any regardless of what we say of think

TallerDream

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2018, 08:20:29 PM »

Considering everything I’ve said is 5 inches delusional or within reach? My legs are really short and I hate it, it looks disproportionate... What about 3 or 4 inches?

ramaka

« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2018, 12:06:52 AM »

Considering everything I’ve said is 5 inches delusional or within reach? My legs are really short and I hate it, it looks disproportionate... What about 3 or 4 inches?

You’d need to make mock ups first to really know how much you could get away with

Tengo

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2018, 12:57:56 AM »

Do a safe 5-6cm on your tibias first, if you feel like your legs are disproportionately shorter this will fix it. Apart from that height is probably not really the problem at 5'9, its other shortcomings that you have and can fix. Charm, wit, humour, likeability etc is not something you're born with, you need to develop these skills over time by being confident in yourself. If you're a donkey now you'll be a bigger donkey after LL. Find things that you can improve in yourself aesthetically (also considering surgery) and that you can take pride in such as a good body posture, a beautiful nose, cheeks, hair-do, hygiene, nice clothes. Then improve yourself mentally, and the best way to do that is to talk to random people, overcome the awkwardness, even if you're the most weird guy you shouldn't be apologetic/shy/disappointed in your conduct, most people you see in London you wont see twice so don't be scared to raise some eyebrows, and you'll soon figure out your strengths. Also know that humor, wit, charm are the next steps to finding confidence.

TallerDream

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2018, 12:58:01 PM »

Do a safe 5-6cm on your tibias first, if you feel like your legs are disproportionately shorter this will fix it. Apart from that height is probably not really the problem at 5'9, its other shortcomings that you have and can fix. Charm, wit, humour, likeability etc is not something you're born with, you need to develop these skills over time by being confident in yourself. If you're a donkey now you'll be a bigger donkey after LL. Find things that you can improve in yourself aesthetically (also considering surgery) and that you can take pride in such as a good body posture, a beautiful nose, cheeks, hair-do, hygiene, nice clothes. Then improve yourself mentally, and the best way to do that is to talk to random people, overcome the awkwardness, even if you're the most weird guy you shouldn't be apologetic/shy/disappointed in your conduct, most people you see in London you wont see twice so don't be scared to raise some eyebrows, and you'll soon figure out your strengths. Also know that humor, wit, charm are the next steps to finding confidence.

I appreciate your answer and you are right. Like I said, I am not blaming my height for my shortcomings but I wish I could be taller it would really make me feel better about myself and that is the main reason I’m contemplating this procedure. For me getting taller is a dream, whenever I see tall guys I envy them. I wish I could lengthen at least 4 inches. How about 7cm tibias? That would put me at 170cm eye level height. Would that be risky?

Tengo

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:36 PM »

It depends how you feel when you're lengthening but it will increase the disproportion and healing time. You should be able to feel sexy when you walk; if your tibia/femur are too disproportionate you wont look normal walking, you might as well wear 3 inch insoles and avoid the surgery. From what I've read 5-6cm is the safe limit, and it's a very significant height increase.

TallerDream

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2018, 01:39:07 AM »

took some measurements today and they are as follows:

inseam - 80cm
wingspan - 175cm
height - 175cm
sitting height - 95cm

I'm concerned with the fact my wingspan length is exactly equal to my height to begin with leaving me no room for extra height...
Would I look too weird if I surpassed my wingspan? Can my short legs compensate for that?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 02:07:14 AM by TallerDream »
Pages: [1]   Go Up