Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Top 1% lol ))  (Read 1425 times)

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
Top 1% lol ))
« on: July 11, 2018, 10:36:44 AM »

Folks, I thought I'd start a new thread here, mainly consisting of photos of successful LLers to inspire all you future LLer's.  Having spent a few days on the board, there appears to me to be far too much concern over the negatives of LL - which personally I think are negligible and as I've said in my diary, the positives far far outweigh any negs. And besides, is it better to live a long and miserable life or a short but happier one??  Not saying your life will be shortened by LL, on the contrary, if you're happier and more at ease, chances are you might live longer too. If you got the money, don't overthink it, just do it. Kiev is the place in my opinion. A couple days walking around here should fully inspire you. It did to me.

I invite all who've had surgery and are now fully healed and living their lives to post pics here - so it serves as a quick reference.  Please, no photos of work in progress - your own diaries are ok for that )

Dr Jamal made my day the other day by saying I was in the top 1% of his former LL patients ) Lol, top 1%, what a claim! 

So come on, Rol, Sol (nicknames of former LL patients I met here), you guys are all over 6ft now, if you're reading this, please post

Pre LL: around 5'7/8 - Post LL: around 6ft

I know it looks like showing off, but it's not. Merely trying to show proportions with and without..
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 11:56:08 AM by taller_in_Kiev »
5 ft 8 pre LL. 6ft post LL at age 29 in 2004. 4 inches on femurs with internal Bliskunov/Jamal rod.

taller_in_Kiev

Re: Top 1% lol ))
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 08:47:59 PM »

For those considering Kiev as an LL destination, I'm happy to provide mentoring and support during your LL journey, while I am here - at no cost to you.
5 ft 8 pre LL. 6ft post LL at age 29 in 2004. 4 inches on femurs with internal Bliskunov/Jamal rod.

CaptainAmerica

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 09:30:38 PM »

Top 1% in aesthetic result or athleticism? Your proportions do look really good man, I wonder if you would look better maybe in a slimmer cut of jeans that weren't boot cut? Also, if athleticism, for how long can you run, walk, etc... compared to previously?

Congratulations on your amazing result, happy for you! You look fantastic, and hope you feel so as well. :D

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 09:46:53 PM »

Thanks pal, very very kind words! All that you wish in return )
"Top 1% in aesthetic result or athleticism?"
Both :) I can run for as long as I did previously, weights prob more now.. will post a vid soon.
Sorry but I can't be doing skinny jeans.. package needs room )

Johnson1111

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 10:41:05 PM »

What is your arm span in comparison to your height?

Sweden

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 11:11:47 PM »

You look alright. You’re not standing straight.

When did you finish lengthening? A little difficult to believe you can squat more now than before.

183cm now? That’s a decent height.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 11:39:02 PM »

When did you finish lengthening? A little difficult to believe you can squat more now than before.

It's not unbelievable. You just went to a shady doctor so your athletic function got fked up.

Sweden

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 11:53:24 PM »

It's not unbelievable. You just went to a shady doctor so your athletic function got fked up.

Depends on when he stopped lengthening. If it was last month it’s a lie.

I’m doing pretty good. Nothing f*cked up here.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 06:16:09 AM »

Thanks! Finished in '06, so a while ago. And sorry for confusion, I don't squat, not freestanding anyway. Thats one exercise that becomes more difficult, but was never a fan of squats and my advice to any future Llers is to avoid it. Don't have super muscular legs before LL. Wingspan is less than height, around 177. Some athletic ability is lost of course as I am out of proportion - having put the gains on femurs alone. If I had the money back then, I may have spread on tibias.
Please ask further questions on my main thread. I created this one mainly inviting others to post photos and give brief details so it serves as a sort of quick reference..

totallyred

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 07:44:52 PM »

Can you please post a photo of yours while sitting on chair taken from  a side, to gauge the actual proportion of femur vs tibia. Thanks a lot in advance!

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2018, 10:05:03 AM »

6'2_dream

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2018, 02:20:56 PM »

Hello Friend
your photos are very good, you seem to be well proportioned and happy, I would like to do a stretching too but in brazil this procedure is very rare, I have never seen anyone who did it for aesthetics,
only by corrections of dwarfism or limbs smaller than the other, and is probably the same intramedullary rod but here we call ISKD.
I have (femur 42cm and tibia 42cm), but currently I am far from doing because the cost is very high and
but if it had financial conditions for it could stretch perhaps 8cm in the femur and it would be a natural proportion;
or would make 5cm femur and 5cm warm, the ratio would look the same as it is visually natural to me
my measurements are
height 1.77-1.78 (5'10);
wingspan 1.85 (6'1);
desired height 1.85m - 1.88m (6'1 - 6'2)

What is the measure in cm of femur and tibia today?

I think I'll post a photo later.

This photo is from the ISKD rod we have here.
http://web.orthofix.com/Products/Products/ISKD/ISKD_detail.jpg
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2018, 03:56:46 PM »

Hi there friend. Thanks for kind words. At 5'10 I would say you are of a good height and it is not necessary to go through such an extreme procedure. Certainly if I was 5'10, I may not have done it. You seem to be well proportioned from the data you provide. But height is a relative thing and the decision to go through LL is a very personal one. There's a guy who's 180cm, but wants to be 190+!
My advice to anyone considering LL is to first start with femurs. Yes 8cm would hardly be noticeable once you're fully recovered and your legs fill up to their pre LL state.  Some people worry too much about proportions.

"What is the measure in cm of femur and tibia today?"

I don't know this exactly. Dr Jamal has been meaning to take an xray soon.
Best wishes

6'2_dream

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2018, 12:29:41 PM »

Hello Friend
Thanks for the answer.
I'm 27 years old.
in my town 5'9-5'10 in height is very common, probably is an average population, but many women also have this height my ex girlfriend was 6'0, the current has 5'7, I work in the city hall and about 15 women are the same height or bigger than me, beautiful tall women hahaha maybe it's just silly of me to worry about it.
I would only do it if I had money left over.
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2018, 01:59:30 PM »

If your previous girl was 6'0, you should have the confidence that you can attract taller girls, so really don't worry too much about your height. Be fit and muscular at 5'10 rather than weak and shaky at 6'1 or 6'2. Not saying that will be the case, but  certainly, there are some tradeoffs with LL. Only when the height increase is more desirable than the tradeoffs should one go through with such a surgery in my opinion.
Anyway, women are all the same height when lying down)
Take it easy and all the best.

Hamiltonzac

• Pain should be utilized as a source of strength
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2018, 03:03:53 AM »

No homo, your body is exactly my goal, you don't look alright but you look better than most guys. Good for you. Doing my LL next summer still saving up. Thia motivated me that much more.
Cheers.
Surgery March, 2019 in Russia with Dr. Solomin/Dr. Kulesh.
Morning height: 168cm Afternoon: 166cm
Goal: Femurs and Tibia, 12-14cm LON
20 year old male.

Trevor.P

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2018, 01:16:16 AM »

Are the photos after LL or is there one that is before?

Johnson1111

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2018, 02:18:46 AM »

I need to grow the balls to pull the trigger on LL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up