Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Proportion when you are nked  (Read 3233 times)

mrblack

Proportion when you are nked
« on: July 14, 2018, 01:56:24 AM »

Hi! I wanted to discuss with you a very important topic in my opinion. The proportion when you are nked.
I talked with one doctor so far and he told me patients should not be worried about conspicuous disproportion after limb lengthening. Thats very rare. Nobody would see a obvious femur lengthening even when you wear shorts or trunks etc. but he also mentioned by the way that nked in full size the femur could look gigantic then. We talked about an extension of 8 cm which is of course no peanuts.  I had many other questions so we did not go into that topic more intensively but afterwards it made me thoughful. What do you think about that? And if you already had surgery whats your experience? I know every body is different but which proportion is still acceptable for our eyes and when does it start to look weird?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 03:28:50 AM by mrblack »

Johnson1111

Re: Proportion when you are nked
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2018, 02:12:23 AM »

I haven't had the surgery yet but you don't need it to see the proportions. You can do mockups and photo edits to see exactly what your femur would look like if you lengthened it 8cm. For most people (Especially ones who have slightly above average tibia size in comparison to their femur) you won't notice much as you'll still be in the normal realm just the farther realm of normal range.

Great321

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2018, 09:25:50 AM »

In one diary a guy wrote that a girl mentioned his longer femurs when they were nked in a negative way. A few others also said that they regret having lengthened too much because of proportions and loss of sth. We shouldn't underestimate proportions. You don't want to hide your legs after LL.

Also read about the risk of arthritis if going too much over/under the 0.8 ratio. (tibia length divided by femur length)

Moon knight

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2018, 12:32:31 PM »

This is why a a lot of people lengthen two segments sure it’s expensive but perportionally you’ll look better then doing one segment so much examples 6+5 cm 5+4 5+5 cm etc you keep the original perportions appearance but it’ll look a lot better because it’s not like one shot Limb and one big one.
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

myloginacc

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2018, 01:27:26 PM »

In one diary a guy wrote that a girl mentioned his longer femurs when they were nked in a negative way. A few others also said that they regret having lengthened too much because of proportions and loss of sth. We shouldn't underestimate proportions. You don't want to hide your legs after LL.

Also read about the risk of arthritis if going too much over/under the 0.8 ratio. (tibia length divided by femur length)

Regarding the first point, it was the opposite, I'm pretty sure. If you're talking about YellowSpike, one girl said he had sxxy long legs. lol

The other issues are all serious and important, of course.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Johnson1111

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2018, 01:59:12 PM »

Regarding the first point, it was the opposite, I'm pretty sure. If you're talking about YellowSpike, one girl said he had sxxy long legs. lol

The other issues are all serious and important, of course.

IMO long legs look good on everyone. Longer tibias are better but longer femurs certainly don't hurt. On the high end of average is best aesthetically. Anything more than that is a bit excessive. But someone like short2tall looks great now.

Moon knight

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2018, 03:48:38 PM »

Let’s be honest do we all have different perportions I’ll give an example not sure on what height people want to lengthen to but here’s some information 5’9-5’11 which most people on this forum want to get to average inseam for that height is around 80cm 6’0-6’2 maybe 6’3 is between 82-88 cm so realistically if you’ve lengthened to any of the heights listed and you fall anywhere in that length of inseam you actually don’t have noticeable long tibia femur etc because they are around the natural size that they would be if you were naturally that height so even if your nked and people notice you’ve got longer tibia femur etc well then they’ve either heard about LL or are trying to be funny
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

Great321

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2018, 06:01:25 PM »

No it was DoingItForMe I think

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2018, 10:53:26 PM »

IMO long legs look good on everyone. Longer tibias are better but longer femurs certainly don't hurt. On the high end of average is best aesthetically. Anything more than that is a bit excessive. But someone like short2tall looks great now.

It could hurt actually. People could wonder why one is taller than them but has a lower knee level and the hands are too far from the knees. Looking taller and normal is just as important as being taller.

Johnson1111

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2018, 02:45:37 PM »

It could hurt actually. People could wonder why one is taller than them but has a lower knee level and the hands are too far from the knees. Looking taller and normal is just as important as being taller.

Not when you're under 5'6".

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2018, 02:57:17 PM »

Not when you're under 5'6".

If you're under 5'6", chances are your tibias are noticeably smaller than those belong to average-sized male so once you lengthen the femurs, your tibias would become abnormally small, not just to other men's tibias, but also to your own femurs.

mrblack

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2018, 05:11:37 PM »

Thanks for your replies. So it seems that the problem is indeed not so big as I thought. Anyway, I always wanted to lengthen both femurs and tibias although some doctors say that its okay to lengthen only the femurs. Nevertheless, I want the proportions of longer femurs and longer  tibias to be right balanced and of course increase more heigh in total. During my consultation I met a guy who only had lengthened the femurs 7-8 cm and with clothes on, it looked quite normal, not conspicuous. He said to me he was happy and did not desire a tibias  lengthening. So I guess also nked it has to look acceptable for him. He also mentioned he did not want to spend more money for another surgery. But that was only one of two people I have ever met after such a surgery. Its not representative. The other guy lengthened all limbs and standing next to me he was quite tall now, ca. 185 cm. I was quite impressed, the only drawback his arms looked very short to me. I thought oh a human T-rex. Of course, I paid close attention to that, acutally. Maybe if you dont know the background it does not seem to be so noticeable for others.

FormerKidd

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2018, 05:17:59 PM »

He said to me he was happy and did not desire a tibias  lengthening
I did femurs with Dr. Paley, but during my initial consultation, I told him I was interested in quadrilaterals.  He told me just to do femurs because ~80% of people were satisfied with just that increase, and to come back afterwards if I still wanted the tibias done.

And you know what? While doing both would have put me at my desired height, honestly, I'm not sure it's not worth it.

« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2018, 05:24:50 PM »

I did femurs with Dr. Paley, but during my initial consultation, I told him I was interested in quadrilaterals.  He told me just to do femurs because ~80% of people were satisfied with just that increase, and to come back afterwards if I still wanted the tibias done.

And you know what? While doing both would have put me at my desired height, honestly, I'm not sure it's not worth it.

How many cms do you do?

mrblack

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2018, 05:31:58 PM »

Well the question is whether all of these patients are 100 % satisfied or dont want to undergo such a complicated procedure again. Tibias lengtheing is particularly even more complex.

Purushrottam

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2018, 07:45:12 PM »

I did 6.5 cm femurs with Paley. The proportions are not obvious at all. Only people who know about LL would know, and thats a very small subset of the overall population.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

mrblack

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2018, 08:20:55 PM »

I did 6.5 cm femurs with Paley. The proportions are not obvious at all. Only people who know about LL would know, and thats a very small subset of the overall population.

so even nked its not a problem f.e. a new girlfriend would not notice it?

Purushrottam

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2018, 08:22:29 PM »

so even nked its not a problem f.e. a new girlfriend would not notice it?

The scars, yes but they are fading. But the proportions no. In my experience no one noticed.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

FormerKidd

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2018, 11:28:09 PM »

Well the question is whether all of these patients are 100 % satisfied or dont want to undergo such a complicated procedure again. Tibias lengtheing is particularly even more complex.

I suspect both are true.  Also, I look at it from an investment perspective - I'd have to spend just as much time and money, and I'd probably get half what I'd get from the equivalent surgery on the femurs.

How many cms do you do?

About 6 1/2, the same as Purushrottam

6'2_dream

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2018, 02:45:56 PM »

Hello budy, how are you ? I will use my measurements to make it easier to understand.
The final proportion will depend on its current proportion, biologically the femur is the longest bone in the body getting up to 59% higher than the tibia, but in my case I have the femur ratio 50% and tibia 50% (42cm and 42cm ) then a stretch in the femur of 8cm would be femur50cm and tibia 42cm the proportion would still be femur 54% and 46% lukewarm my proportion would still be normal.
Another very important issue is the wingspan, in my I am 1.78m tall and 1.84m wingspan, and most importantly my relaxed arms down are in the middle of the length of my femur,
if I stretch it 8cm it still gets propocional below the waist, for people with arms up to the waist the final proportion with pernar longer can get strange even.
so take your measurements, do the calculations and take photos, edit the photos to get an idea of ​​how the final proportion can be. :)
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2018, 04:35:58 PM »

Mrblack, for what it's worth, I've had 2 females comment on my legs when nked in bed) one said I had model legs and the other said I had normal legs when I quizzed her if she thought my legs were hairy!

mrblack

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2018, 06:24:38 PM »

for people with arms up to the waist the final proportion with pernar longer can get strange even.
so take your measurements, do the calculations and take photos, edit the photos to get an idea of ​​how the final proportion can be. :)
what do you mean with "arms up to the waist"? arms which are above waist? I have never seen a person with arms so short that they barely reach waist? Maybe you mean the hip, waist is further above.

Mrblack, for what it's worth, I've had 2 females comment on my legs when nked in bed) one said I had model legs and the other said I had normal legs when I quizzed her if she thought my legs were hairy!
Sounds good. What is your armspan?

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2018, 07:06:34 PM »

6'2_dream

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2018, 03:28:41 PM »

when you are standing and your arms are resting down, normal position, your hands are at hip height? above the hip or middle of the thigh? if your hand gets a little below the hip it does not get weird with stretching.
look at this example in the picture Jimmy Butler and Kawhi Leonard both have the same height, but K. Leonard has longer arms (of course an exaggerated example) but realize that I stretched the photo he became more proportional hhahah it was even funny

https://imgur.com/a/FtlmGPG
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

mrblack

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2018, 04:14:02 PM »

Yeah interesting pic. According internet the left guy's wingspan ist equal to his height. Right guy's wingspan is 20 cm longer than his height!!! Thats really rare!

My wingspan is same as my height. And lengthening 10cm would mean a -10cm Index. I guess there are also people which have auch a negative index by nature but I think thats also rare.

Bry

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »

My wingspan is around 10cm longer than my wingspan.

mrblack

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 07:44:34 PM »

My wingspan is around 10cm longer than my wingspan.
  ??

Bry

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2018, 07:59:02 PM »

Oops, my bad.
I meant that my wingspan is 10cm longer than my height.   :P

mrblack

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2018, 08:15:08 PM »

Oops, my bad.
I meant that my wingspan is 10cm longer than my height.   :P
Okay! so what? With longer wingspan you dont get proportion problems.

Bry

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2018, 08:19:29 PM »

I think I got a short torso, not long arms.
Since if I length 7cm, my inseam will become about half my height.

Sanity

« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2018, 01:52:55 PM »

once again il say tibias is way better imo. my earlier post on this was here:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5229.0
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up