Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Adward- EXTERNAL TIBIA - Dr. Pradip Sharma INDIA  (Read 29890 times)

roseabc123@yahoo.in

• Visitor
Re: Adward- EXTERNAL TIBIA - Dr. Pradip Sharma INDIA
« Reply #62 on: August 17, 2018, 05:44:14 PM »

I wish Edward u got a fitting reply above .
I know you are trying to advertise for Harry and Pradeep dharma.
If you are real you would have shared ur contact in ur previous posts rather than ur physio r doctor contact.
People are not fools

Adward

« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2018, 07:06:41 PM »

I agree that monorails are not a good choice. But I was 22 back then and also only a few diaries existed before almost 10 years so my knowledge about LL was minimum.
If I'd do again tibias I'd never use monorails.

But telling to someone that did LL 8 years before you and has studied a lot about LL (except from his own experience) and also plans about a new one, is a sign of stupidity.

Yes, Ilizarov is a great technique but your fixaton has only a few rods, is not an hexapod and it is completely unstable compared to good frames like the ones Catagni uses or the far superior taylor spatial.
Doing external LL without an hexapod is a bad choice. Doing LL on India is a worse even choice.
And finally, the more you lengthen the more the risks if the fixator is unstable. Thats why I told you to not stand a lot after 3 cm.
But your ignorance won't let you understand what I am saying, so do whatever you want. After all, going to an unknown doctor in India to do LL is a great risk on its own so you'll need luck to reach till the end successfully.
But I really wish you'll have it, as I want any LL'er to have successful outcomes.
So, good luck to you.

Firstly dude my frame is stable and it has fewer rods because I chose so. Since I don't see you holding a medical degree here, therefore, I can assure you that my frame which is a PITKAR product is very stable. I chose rods enough to bear my weight, so this was a personal choice which was respected considering I too am a doctor and understand the consequences clearly unlike a layman.
Secondly, your years of experience has wrongly made you believe that hexapod fixator or tailor spatial frame is better for your LL. Let me show you why it's not so.

You see those huge pins mean that it's not L-O-N which means less muscle mobility, more muscle wasting, higher chances of infection and time waster too since the frame would be on your Tibias for next 7-9 months.

Now again I can argue so much more on medical uses of hexapod i.e for deformity correction, then factors like cost versus benefit etc but all this is futile. If you want Hexapod you can have it, simply because it's your choice. Similarly, I chose LON because it's my choice and a sane one backed by my medical expertise.

General population should not start acting as doctors because it would destroy the whole medical system. Would you be willing to be a doctor for your family, if not then don't be here for kids who are trying to find medically correct information here and not an incorrect one. Because giving someone wrong information under the disguise of an expert is like a crime to someone who doesn't know much about CLL and would do something drastically wrong to his body just because some senior member on this forum talked about it. Years of your learning about LL still doesn't make you a doctor or an expert.

In my humble opinion, you may share your experience but must not comment on medical aspects here unless you are a medical practitioner.

Hope we still are friends...at least no hard feelings from my side.
:)

Adward

« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2018, 07:17:50 PM »

I wish Edward u got a fitting reply above .
I know you are trying to advertise for Harry and Pradeep dharma.
If you are real you would have shared ur contact in ur previous posts rather than ur physio r doctor contact.
People are not fools[

First of all, welcome to the forum. Buddy, really I pity you, since how much pathetic a person's life has to be to make someone come here and write a comment like yours. You really deserve pity. Still am thankful for your love. Hope your life changes for good. kardeşim sağ ol :)

Adward

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2018, 07:21:57 PM »

Hey, fellow LLers it seems like GOT is the second most loved entity on this forum i.e second only to me. Hahaha

Hope we can all share this love and warmth. Wish you all a happy day. :)

Time to sleep...nighty night to everyone.  ;)

Adward

« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2018, 03:15:34 PM »

From last two days, I have a bit of discomfort at one of my pin sites...but it's something part and parcel of the process.

Hope it resolves soon. Herkese iyi geceler  :) ::)

Body Builder

« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2018, 12:38:56 PM »

Firstly dude my frame is stable and it has fewer rods because I chose so. Since I don't see you holding a medical degree here, therefore, I can assure you that my frame which is a PITKAR product is very stable. I chose rods enough to bear my weight, so this was a personal choice which was respected considering I too am a doctor and understand the consequences clearly unlike a layman.
Secondly, your years of experience has wrongly made you believe that hexapod fixator or tailor spatial frame is better for your LL. Let me show you why it's not so.

You see those huge pins mean that it's not L-O-N which means less muscle mobility, more muscle wasting, higher chances of infection and time waster too since the frame would be on your Tibias for next 7-9 months.

Now again I can argue so much more on medical uses of hexapod i.e for deformity correction, then factors like cost versus benefit etc but all this is futile. If you want Hexapod you can have it, simply because it's your choice. Similarly, I chose LON because it's my choice and a sane one backed by my medical expertise.

General population should not start acting as doctors because it would destroy the whole medical system. Would you be willing to be a doctor for your family, if not then don't be here for kids who are trying to find medically correct information here and not an incorrect one. Because giving someone wrong information under the disguise of an expert is like a crime to someone who doesn't know much about CLL and would do something drastically wrong to his body just because some senior member on this forum talked about it. Years of your learning about LL still doesn't make you a doctor or an expert.

In my humble opinion, you may share your experience but must not comment on medical aspects here unless you are a medical practitioner.

Hope we still are friends...at least no hard feelings from my side.
TS frames are the best for external only LL as they are the only ones who fix malunions.
If you use LON then maybe you don't need them as chances of malunion are less but I am against a so invasive method while you can use only external tsf which is by far the most safe way to do LL.
Personally I believe that in LL the best is to use one way only which is externals for tibias and internals for femurs. That reduces the risks and makes the surgery as safe as it could get.

But yes, tibia lon has the advantage of less time (although the more risks and the extra surgery needed to remove the nails) so if that was the case for you then yes, tsf for lon are not so crucial.

No hard feelings from mee too.
Keep strong!

Adward

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2018, 08:22:27 AM »

TS frames are the best for external only LL as they are the only ones who fix malunions.
If you use LON then maybe you don't need them as chances of malunion are less but I am against a so invasive method while you can use only external tsf which is by far the most safe way to do LL.
Personally I believe that in LL the best is to use one way only which is externals for tibias and internals for femurs. That reduces the risks and makes the surgery as safe as it could get.

But yes, tibia lon has the advantage of less time (although the more risks and the extra surgery needed to remove the nails) so if that was the case for you then yes, tsf for lon are not so crucial.

No hard feelings from mee too.

Keep strong!

Yes, you almost repeated what I said, but again I  wouldn't go into micro-mistakes you have made again in your comment. Let's stop this bickering and focus on some positive energy here. I already do require a lot of positive reinforcement while doing CLL. Would be nice to see you here buddy with all your positive energy.

Thanks

Sanity

« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2018, 09:02:34 AM »

hey adward, i will be going for external tibias with the ilazarov standard frames just like yours (although the build could differ).

But i wont be using the LON but only the external ilazarov fixators as i cant afford to travel out for surgery with higher costs. also im doing it locally here in pakistan from an orthopedic surgeon who has some experience with cll and this is what he offers.

wat would u advice me most in this circumstances, i know there are different pros and cons to different types of ll procedures and equipments used. i need to know wat i should be most careful about and also consider the most importance during this type of ll.

Thanks!
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

Adward

« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2018, 11:46:44 AM »

Yesterday was a rest day for me. Have reached 5.5cm today, just 2cm more to go.
Hope the path ahead stays a smooth one only.
Hope all other LLers are also doing well.   ;)

Adward

« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2018, 02:31:46 PM »

My pain at the pin site is still the same. Though now that I have completed 5.5 cm and as planned the speed of traction has been reduced to 0.5mm per day, therefore, I am hopeful that the pain issue will also be resolved soon.

The republic day celebrations here in India were great just like our Malaysia and Singapore. This week there is a festival in India, so Harry has organized a party for all of us at his home. I am excited to be finally out for a formal gathering. I will also get to meet his beloved friend(his pet dog). Also, some of his friends are returning from Italy, so would be a really great occasion to meet so many new people. Just wish that I could have had this surgery done at least a month or two before so that I could have attended the party without my frames. Never the less with the frames or without them, I am planning to have a lot of fun.

Hope you people are also doing well. Winter is coming.....sooooon..haha  ;)

Arch

« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2018, 04:21:15 PM »

Keep going Adward!

Just wondering, did you go to Sarin for consult, did you even bother other doctors?

Also, I have always wondered, what kind of doctor are you :)!?

tlannister

« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2018, 08:50:54 PM »

My pain at the pin site is still the same. Though now that I have completed 5.5 cm and as planned the speed of traction has been reduced to 0.5mm per day, therefore, I am hopeful that the pain issue will also be resolved soon.

The republic day celebrations here in India were great just like our Malaysia and Singapore. This week there is a festival in India, so Harry has organized a party for all of us at his home. I am excited to be finally out for a formal gathering. I will also get to meet his beloved friend(his pet dog). Also, some of his friends are returning from Italy, so would be a really great occasion to meet so many new people. Just wish that I could have had this surgery done at least a month or two before so that I could have attended the party without my frames. Never the less with the frames or without them, I am planning to have a lot of fun.

Hope you people are also doing well. Winter is coming.....sooooon..haha  ;)

I wonder if you can do me a favour.
There was a LL patient on old forum called Crazy+6. He lengthened ALOT and last thing he wrote, he was still in a wheelchair. "Harry" knows him, was his caretaker.
Whats the status on Crazy+6? is he permanantly cripple?

Adward

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2018, 05:05:37 AM »

Keep going Adward!

Just wondering, did you go to Sarin for consult, did you even bother other doctors?

Also, I have always wondered, what kind of doctor are you :)!?

As per US system of medical hierarchy: I am training to be a cardiothoracic surgeon but am right now a general surgeon. I wouldn't imagine myself consulting Sarin or any other doctor who wasn't listed in my relatives' list. Again I would repeat that my relatives are quite influential people and they had referred me to Dr. Sharma only after a thorough background check.

They also consulted doctors in the US where they were against the idea of CLL. They just said that it would hurt their reputation to do such a surgery on a healthy patient who isn't a dwarf and citing ethical reasons doctors in the US negated the idea of performing CLL. Then they contacted Dr. Paley's team as well but he just performed IM Nailing, something I was against of for Tibias.

I also did meet Dr. Pili's patients from Italy and I would say though patients from non-medical background wouldn't understand, his patients were some of the most unlucky ones. I would do it in US or India rather than going to Italy for LL. The medical system in Italy is really bad, even worse than Greece. Also, accountability of doctors seems to be a really low factor in Italy. You might find it hard to digest but Russia has a better system in place than Italy.

Hope this answers your question, :)

Adward

« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2018, 05:12:03 AM »

I wonder if you can do me a favour.
There was a LL patient on old forum called Crazy+6. He lengthened ALOT and last thing he wrote, he was still in a wheelchair. "Harry" knows him, was his caretaker.
Whats the status on Crazy+6? is he permanantly cripple?

Sorry, no idea. You may forward your query to Harry himself. His contact info has been shared before. After being on this forum, I have been really amazed at the fact that how adamant and stupid some patients can be. Though from my experience a lot means years in rehabilitation. One might recover but never completely.

fivetenneeded2016

« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2018, 09:47:14 AM »

hey, was wondering if you are expereincing stiffness around AT?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 10:12:13 AM by fivetenneeded2016 »
tibias: april 2018 to july 2019 under dr pili/catagni- HEF.
femurs: feb 2021 and sep 2021 dr halil-precise 2
159-181.
came. lengthened. moving on.

Sanity

« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2018, 12:47:41 PM »

hey adward, i will be going for external tibias with the ilazarov standard frames just like yours (although the build could differ).

But i wont be using the LON but only the external ilazarov fixators as i cant afford to travel out for surgery with higher costs. also im doing it locally here in pakistan from an orthopedic surgeon who has some experience with cll and this is what he offers.

wat would u advice me most in this circumstances, i know there are different pros and cons to different types of ll procedures and equipments used. i need to know wat i should be most careful about and also consider the most importance during this type of ll (external fixator only).

also wat would be the advantages for going this (oldschool) method if any.

p.s i hav no other options!  :o :P

Thanks!

Adward

« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2018, 12:51:29 PM »

hey, was wondering if you are expereincing stiffness around AT?

If you mean anterior tibialis muscle, then no.

Adward

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2018, 12:56:03 PM »

wat would u advice me most in this circumstances, i know there are different pros and cons to different types of ll procedures and equipments used. i need to know wat i should be most careful about and also consider the most importance during this type of ll (external fixator only).

Thanks!

See if I have to say just off the top of my head, then one of the advantages would be that no nailing will be done, which means out of all procedures performed for CLL, it is considered as the minimally invasive one.

I don't want to discourage you by saying all the disadvantages, some of them might be hard to digest, but if you want I can still list out. Let me know

Adward

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2018, 01:14:18 PM »

Thanks!

See but if you are determined then no disadvantage should discourage you.

First thing first:
1) Let your doctor evaluate the laxity of your muscles, your weight etc.
2) 7cm is doable but still, you and your doctor should have the last word on it.
3) Have a very experienced physio by your side, as you would be facing many situations where you would need the help of a professionally trained physio.

Disadvantages:

1) Restrictive mobility
2) Many more pins to be used to stabilize the frame
3) Higher chances of infection
4) Fixators will stay for a prolonged time
5) Muscle wasting depends on your level of mobility, but muscles will be restricted by pins which would definitely cause muscle immobility by itself.
6) Higher incidence of pins breaking
Many more can be listed but what's important is that if you are determined and prepared then with a good medical team, it's all doable. :) :)
Good luck from my side.  ;)

Sanity

« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2018, 02:10:32 PM »

thanks and most of the cons u mentioned were related to the musculature which i believe can be reversed in time once im out of the device. i hope there arnt serious bone related cons to this.

Adward

« Reply #82 on: August 25, 2018, 09:05:43 AM »

thanks and most of the cons u mentioned were related to the musculature which i believe can be reversed in time once im out of the device. i hope there arnt serious bone related cons to this.

Don't worry, just prepare yourself and if you truly want it then go for it. Khallas  8)

Sanity

« Reply #83 on: August 25, 2018, 04:21:55 PM »

exactly man. I want it just too much and overthinking will not help to change my decision. u r very right, once im done with the osteotomies half the battle is already won.

Adward

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2018, 11:36:11 AM »

exactly man. I want it just too much and overthinking will not help to change my decision. u r very right, once im done with the osteotomies half the battle is already won.

Best of luck  8)

Adward

« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2018, 11:45:24 AM »

I had been resting for last 2 days and have started with 0.5mm each day for my last 2cm.
Such a sense of achievement  :D

Adward

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2018, 09:26:08 PM »

Having entered almost into the last month of lengthening makes me feel very delighted, not just because I am about to get what I wanted but also because I got time to figure out what I wanted to do next in my life.
Also, I must thank my pals here: Foremost let me begin with Harry. Harry thanks a lot for helping me achieve my dream, no person could be as noble as you. May you achieve a lot of success in your life.
My surgeon Dr. Pradeep Sharma, nothing short of an angel.
My caretaker: Thanks a lot for bearing with me.
The whole staff at hospital and guest house. I know you all would never read it, but all I want to say is thanks from the deepest part of mine heart.
My family, without them not just this but nothing is possible.
Lastly but most importantly God, who has always helped me achieve even deepest of my wishes.
Now, who can forget all fellow LLers here, such a huge thanks to all for sharing your experiences.

Thanks to al
l :)
Stay happy and wish me luck, as the journey is not yet over idiots. Sorry ;)

Sanity

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2018, 10:34:35 PM »

happy for u. i still have 4 months to go bfre ll op and i cant w8.

Adward

« Reply #88 on: August 30, 2018, 10:20:23 AM »

happy for u. i still have 4 months to go bfre ll op and i cant w8.

Thanks buddy. Don't worry at all, time would fly faster than a jet plane. :)

Sanity

« Reply #89 on: August 30, 2018, 08:00:23 PM »

how is ur pain now? i know its crazy bad in start but how u coping now?

Adward

« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2018, 11:52:44 PM »

how is ur pain now? i know its crazy bad in start but how u coping now?
See pain is a subjective feeling. Luckily I don't have any pain as of now, surely we can say discomfort is there because of the frames but there's no pain.

Adward

« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2018, 11:58:45 PM »

This is the place I call home these days.  ;)

A diary is almost incomplete without pictures.  8)

Sanity

« Reply #92 on: September 01, 2018, 12:11:31 AM »

wow this is so clean
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up