Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How does lengthening effect muscle on legs  (Read 1007 times)

Moon knight

How does lengthening effect muscle on legs
« on: July 26, 2018, 05:22:51 PM »

Ok so to start off I have pretty muscular legs not massive but you can see the muscle 16.5 inch calves to be more precise so my question really is how do LL effect this will it swell or is it better to have a muscular frame prior to lengthen I only want to lengthen 5 cm
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

Sweden

Re: How does lengthening effect muscle on legs
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 04:37:12 AM »

Having too muscular lower limbs can break or bend the frames. I’ve seen it happening.

The key is lean flexible muscular.

Stretch dynamically as much as possible. Static stretching is pointless.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

The Dreamer

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 05:29:56 AM »

Having too muscular lower limbs can break or bend the frames. I’ve seen it happening.

The key is lean flexible muscular.

Stretch dynamically as much as possible. Static stretching is pointless.
And what can be done if someone has big muscular calves due to years of sports ? Do you know any method of loosing muscles ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

mrblack

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 07:30:10 AM »

So weight training is bad? I mean no bodybuilding level just normal training to  strengthen your muscles for the long lengthening period

taller_in_Kiev

• Put your energy to good uses. Don't waste it.
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 08:35:36 AM »

Totally agree with Sweden above.  A fellow LLer was doing his at the same time as mine. Pro bodybuilder, very thick muscular legs. We both did internal on femurs. He was finding it very difficult to grow given muscle mass.

Moon knight

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »

So if this is the case it’s gonna sound silly asking but do I need to lose mass in my legs before LL or just stop working legs out all together
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 10:50:40 AM »

I'd say stop working out legs if they are already pretty big.  More important to stretch and develop flexibility, particularly hamstrings. In fact, this is paramount.
Where are you considering surgery? Which doctor?

Moon knight

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 12:37:54 PM »

Honestly I’d probably like to save as much money as possible and go to someone like paley nothing against the other doctors but I know vary little about them and I know more about paley. So what if I’m jogging and bike riding is that ok just stay clear of the weight baring leg workouts

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2018, 11:10:59 AM »

No those are good (riding, running etc). You can even do leg curl, abductor, adductor etc. Just stay away from squats, dead lifts etc. Stretch your leg muscles as much as possible. You should be able to touch the ground with your fingers (or better still, knuckles or palms) from a standing position, kneeling down. I take it you're from the States? If so, Paley would be an obvious choice for you, but there are other good doctors further afield that charge a lot less. Have you had a look at my diary and photos?

Moon knight

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 11:38:43 AM »

I’m gonna have to look at more diaries and see more people’s thoughts on other Doctors

On thing though that I’ve learnt on this forum is to not go to India for surgery.
Also good to know that I can do that much when lengthening is finished, if you don’t mind me asking when lengthening is actually happening what exercises do you do then when the brace is on the leg

taller_in_Kiev

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 01:42:00 PM »

Mainly light cardio on a bike (stationary of course) and stretching. I am experienced inverted, i,e. I hang upside down with some gravity boots. I made a special request of the doctor here to get me an inversion table when I was lengthening. They obliged, it helped a lot.  Get into inversion I would say. Either get some good quality gravity boots (teether hang ups are the market leader) or an inversion table if you have the space.  You need strong ab muscles and need to be quite fit to use the boots and bar.  With the table, you can control the degree of incline and you don't have to go complete 180, if you know what I mean
Pages: [1]   Go Up